Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Ingy, how often do you get a new phone?

You always seem to be posting in here about your new phone :)

I get one whenever I feel like it. It's why I separated the phone purchase from the network service.

Erm, thanks. I guess  :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Missus is due an upgrade now and her S3 is not working. Debating contract v sim only.  Saw this deal http://www.hotukdeal...-code-2247927. £315 for the Z3 seems like a good deal.  Only need to get a sim only deal for circa £15 per month to make it worthwhile.  Any other phones I should be considering?  At the moment it is between the s6 and the Z3.  Would love the one plus two but no external sd card and no invite!

My missus has given me the following criteria

- SD card slot so she can view her gopro pics

- Good camera and video so she can take lots of pics and vids of our soon to be little one

- Easy to use

- Looks good

Edit:  Ideally I would get the one plus two for her and get a sim only deal but I need to get my hands on an invite!  I know it doesn't have a sd card but she can use my phone for the go pro pics and I think 64gb should be enough for her.

Edited by omariqy

Battery life? Size? Waterproof? (The last is particularly important when you have a little one.)

By good camera, I guess you mean quick snap shots and low light are more important than high pixel count, image stabilisation and multi-shot.

I assume that you are only considering Android.

I'd go for the Xperia Z3+, an Xperia M5 or a Moto G (3rd gen) depending on budget. Read the on-line camera reviews for your usage.

I don't think the SD card slot will be a goer either way. Most SD slots are so hidden and faffy to get to that it's not worth considering it for that. Use the GoPro app instead.

• Like 2

Battery life? Size? Waterproof? (The last is particularly important when you have a little one.)

By good camera, I guess you mean quick snap shots and low light are more important than high pixel count, image stabilisation and multi-shot.

I'd go for the Xperia Z3+, an Xperia M5 or a Moto G (3rd gen) depending on budget. Read the on-line camera reviews for your usage.

She actually quite likes the Z3.  I don't see the benefit of getting the Z3+ - doesn't seem to be that much a difference.  She actually likes it because it is waterproof so good suggestion!

Debate is to whether to buy it outright or on contract.  Depends on what deal I can get on buying it outright.

As it's already out of date and you nearly have a little one, I doubt it'll last two years even if it's waterproof. It depends whether you have insurance with a reasonable excess I suppose.

I don't think I'd recommend a contract for anyone.

I don't like to do this but what's the go to Android tablet these days?

The girlfriend is looking for a new tablet, having had a Samsung Galaxy something for a few years that's showing is age. She likes larger tablets, ideally would like expandable memory, decent battery life is a plus.

I've completely lost track of Android tablets and anyway, given that my tablet is currently subject to a recall probably means I shouldn't recommend anything anyway...

Also, other than the average battery life, the Smart Ultra 6 I picked up has been **** brilliant. Still can't believe I only paid £125. Might go and pick up another before Vodafone realise it's been a mistake on their end.

But if your not bothered about it being an Amazon ad service with a skin then it's actually a fantastic tablet.

But also, no access to the play store. When VT had it's own app it was so hard to deal with amazon's app store that I gave up. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Get the moto x style or moto x play then Omar. £100-£150 cheaper. She will be able to design it herself too on the moto maker.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Can you get it sim free?  I assume not?

Also, other than the average battery life, the Smart Ultra 6 I picked up has been **** brilliant. Still can't believe I only paid £125. Might go and pick up another before Vodafone realise it's been a mistake on their end.

Can you get it sim free?  I assume not?

More importantly, how much to lift the network lock?

Â