Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

For some reason I am having issues with my google now and google play widgets.  Google now won't load the cards and the google play music shows no response to tapping but still proceeds with the command.  I.e. it shows the same song all the time even though when I press next it changes the song? 

My 1+1 updated to Lollipop over the weekend and i am not happy.

I can no longer use the stock email app i was using and so have to add the accounts again but i dont have the details for one of the emails.

The other issue is i used to have smaller app icons with a larger gridsize and i dont seem to be able to get that with google launcher.

I have other issues like managing sound/vibrate etc but hopefully just need to get used to it

Finally dumped my flip phone once and for all and got a free upgrade. Went for the Droid Mini, and I like it. Not too bulky in my pocket, which was an issue with the iPhone I had briefly. Glad I bought screen protectors, cuz my keys tore a line down the middle of thing already!

Needed to buy the wife a new phone. She's got a Three sim only contract like me so it had to be off contract.

Didn't wanna spend too much so started looking at the new Moto stuff, but I remember just how bad the original Moto G was and the new ones still seem to not have a lot of bang for the comparative buck.

So then went up a little bit and looked at the OnePlus One but to get one with decent storage it's £300 and there's a few issues I wouldn't be happy with. Customer service being one, then the spec being not amazing any more.

Eventually ended up buying an LG G3 for £265 off Amazon. OIS on my Nexus 5 is great so the 13mp OIS+ camera is going to be fantastic. Faster SoC than the 5 too. Good battery life, great screen, etc. Not sure there's anything better for the money at the moment.

First time I've ever heard anyone refer to the moto g or its siblings as 'bad'?! Also, "not a lot of bang for the buck"? other than the One+1, the moto g and e give a hell of a lot for the price.

They are awesome phones for the money. I've just typed this on my £90 moto e in fact. No problems whatsoever.

You are comparing a £125 moto g to a flagship phone that at the time it came out cost £400???!!!

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

First time I've ever heard anyone refer to the moto g or its siblings as 'bad'?! Also, "not a lot of bang for the buck"? other than the One+1, the moto g and e give a hell of a lot for the price.

They are awesome phones for the money. I've just typed this on my £90 moto e in fact. No problems whatsoever.

You are comparing a £125 moto g to a flagship phone that at the time it came out cost £400???!!!

Not sure what you're disagreeing with here. The original moto g wasn't very good when released. I got rid and the wife kept her s3 as it was better.

I'm sure the newer moto g and e are excellent value for money, I haven't disputed that. My point is, I remember how much of a surprise it was how much difference there was between top and bottom end phones.

So as I said, I decided it would be better to just go for a much better phone for a bit more money. Nothing against anything apart from the original moto g, which I really wasn't impressed with in any way apart from price.

Â