Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I wouldn't use it as my main phone for love nor money, but the iPhone 5C kicks the arse of any smartphone I've owned in terms of battery.

When my Nexus 5 broke last week I had to use my 5C for a few days. So it was my main phone. probably didn't use it quite as much as I would my nexus, but more or less normal usage.

I got more than 2 days out of a full charge. I was quietly impressed.

Like I said, not enough to sway me away from Android, but I was quite surprised by it.

I think most smartphones last about a day. The only manufacturer pushing this seem to be Sony.

Apple too. I can get two days out of my six plus.

I think most smartphones last about a day. The only manufacturer pushing this seem to be Sony.

Apple too. I can get two days out of my six plus.

I think that's the norm for large devices though. They just have a huge battery in them. My Xoom lasts 5+ days.

I've not really had battery issues with my G3. I guess it depends how you use it.

The G4 and the Z4 are up soon as well as the S6 and the M9. I guess you'll have to wait for the reviews (or work out what's killing your battery).

Finally got off the pot, ordered a Moto G 2nd Generation 5" 4G for £119 which is a bargain.

Will look now for a decent sim only deal (probably giff gaff via VT ;D)

Edited by Genie

I really wish they would make a step up from the Moto g but below the X.

The new moto e 4g is actually faster. If it had flash there would be no point in the G.

If they took the new moto g, improved the camera slightly, bumped up the processor & ram etc.. then that would be great.

The only thing stopping me from getting the new motto g is the fact that the Moto e 4g is faster. Doesn't make sense.

It's only negligible but the E has a 410 snapdragon and the G has 400, the E also has a 64bit processor and has a slightly better graphics chip.

But the G has a better front camera, better camera and led flash, better screen, it's thinner, more internal storage but only has the same ram and the same battery.

Pros & cos with both tbh which you would expect at the price.

Edited by Ingram85

Nexus 5 v2

I'm listening...
It's at the smoke part at the moment. There's a bit too much of it to be nothing in it. Rumours of Google getting samples from lg to make the next nexus in the same way as Asus did a nexus 7 refresh. It would line up with the standard November / December release timings as well.

Picked up a moto e 2nd gen today. What a cheerful little phone. Not a powerhouse by any means but does the job well for a budget price.

Loving lollipop. It's very nippy on the moto e.

Â