Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Chuffed to bits with the moto g 2nd gen, why pay more? Fantastic all rounder, came off charge at 5:30am, light usage today and 77% left. Last night when I went to bed after 'average' usage still 47% left in the tank.

Quick and snappy, good photos, nice size, SD card, great battery, 4G, latest OS.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Sold my Nexus 4 and the bloke that bought it is reporting that he has tried Dre Beats headphones and Apple headphones in it and the sound is muffled through both... any logical reason why that might be? Is there anything unique about the Nexus 4 headphone port?

I can't ever remember using it to be honest to be able to think of a point or a set of headphones that worked really well.

Edited by Genie

I think I will. I asked him to try a set of generic headphones to see if it helps. Also plenty of reports on the net of people saying they had to push the jack in harder than you might expect on their N4's to get it to fully engage.

If they both draw a blank then I'll tell him to post it back if he's not happy.

My Z2 tab just got lollipop.

Any snappier?

It was pretty snappy before. I like material so it's nice having that, but I've not noticed a performance difference.

OnePlusTwo confirmed for Q3 2015

They've also ended their invite system on the +1 but will still have it for when the +2 launches.

I think the OnePlusTwo could be my next phone if reviews are positive.

Finally moved back to Iphone. But still need a phone for work purposes. Wondering if the Moto G is any good?

Have you got an iphone?

Xperia E4 or Moto G2. Both good. Impossible to recommend anything unless you describe how you'll use it.

I do have an iphone. I have some questions for that thread too.

I'll be using the phone for answering calls, emails, updating some pages on facebook... I'm sure there are other small things I will use it for too but I cannot think right now.

I got the moto g last year as a cheap stop gap after S4 died and its been great, for what I use a phone for its more than good enough.

Seeing as you aren't specific. E4 if you want tohe longer battery life, otherwise either is good. You can get the 3g version of the E4 from ebuyer for about £90.

^ I might go for that. Cheers.

Anybody know how to sort a problem with Xperia Z phones, which seem to forget how to read sim cards? My mum had to put a new sim in and suddenly the phone refuses to read sims (I've even tried other sim cards which do work, it isn't a sim problem) the problem just kicked off from removing one sim to add the new one - nothing at all was changed, it just refuses to accept any sim!

Seems to be a huge problem (google) but I am baffled and can't find a fix. 

Â