Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I'd say that was about right for the nexus 4, the battery was never great to begin with, 6am to 10pm is pretty much the whole waking day, I remember my n4 just about doing that from brand new.

I'm not sure mine used to last that long. I'd generally give it a short charge during the day. QI chargers FTW.

N5 gets me through the day without a charge for normal usage.

But I have a charger on my desk at work so usually I just top it up for an hour or two in the day and I'm golden until I go to bed.

If I buy the Moto G on Amazon will it work fine in Ireland or will it need to be unlocked or something?

If you buy it unlocked then it won't be locked. Iceland seems to be on standard GSM frequencies, so it should just work with your existing SIM.

• Like 1

Hopefully all Android OEMs get the message.  I'd seen rumours that HTC are doing the same with the One M9.   Too little too late for me, I jumped to iOS because the 2014 Android flagships seemed to be a choice between good hardware and bloat or sub par hardware and stock Android.  Surely it can't kill someone to offer both?  It's happened in previous years. 

Never had the problem myself. Always root my phone and use a custom ROM with no bloatware the day I get it. Had to get my phone replaced this year and they did it with no problem under warranty.

Edited by PieFacE

I have been doing a bit of research on possibly getting a Nexus Player and over on XDA there was an interesting discussion about an app called Mobdro. Its not available on the play store but I am sure you can find it by going to their very smart website (just google mobdro).

Fear my Nexus 4 might not be long for this world. In the past month I've started to occasionally get odd graphical glitches (almost like screen tearing) on menus etc, has taken to resetting itself randomly, or my personal favourite, locking up as if the proximity sensor is covered and not restarting until the power button is held down for about 5 minutes.

Oh and it seems that the latest Lollipop update has broken something as I appear to be one of a number of Nexus 4 users who now seem to be, on occasion and at random, completely unable to use the phone as a phone. On making or receiving a call the phone is often completely silent, with neither end making or receiving a sound. Google appear to have made this a low priority for fixing.

These all started becoming a serious issue about a fortnight after renewing the insurance on it as well. And it seems the IMEI details have rubbed off the back.

Oh well.

Edited by Chindie

I know the code to get it, my concern is that the IMEI is required if I were to make an insurance claim. If I drop it in the sink or something or it completely dies on me, I'm concerned there'll be no way of finding the IMEI. It's still on the box obviously but that strength prove anything about the phone.

Saying that the thing is basically mint so I can't see it being in harms way anytime soon anyway. Unless it does self destruct.

Edited by Chindie

I don't think I've explained very well, the insurer would require it to identify the phone is my understanding, if the phone is dead for whatever reason and the physical identifying label has been rubbed off, as is the case, they would be unable the identify the phone, which leads to my concern that, besides theft/loss, the policy I've just renewed might not pay out.

So I took the plunge yesterday and bought a nexus 6 and I'm glad I did. The phone is incredible! The size was the thing that was putting me off but I love it and it doesn't actually feel that big when using it. The screen is superb and the front facing speakers are ideal for watching films and listening to music. If anyone's tempted by the phone I'd highly recommend it.

Â