Android: General Chat

The_Lions_Roar

I cannot remember having wait this long after Nexus devices being announced for any of the carriers to say that they will be having them. Now I know that officially that they arent available for pre-order until October 29th but absolutely nothing has been released by any of the big 4 or Carphonewarehouse which I do find really strange.

I always wonder why iOS seems to be the priority for app developers.

Not that I'm an expert or anything. I'm just going by apps always seemingly available with iOS first and Android second (or not at all).

Also the same with stuff like media in cars. It always seems to be geared towards compatibility with iOS devices with Android as an afterthought. I know that's the case with my car (with iOS you get album covers and the like on the car's screen and you can control all your music from the car's controls. With Android you just get track name and no control over the music).

It's also the case for the cars we (my company) manufacture.

With Android being easily the highest market share, and from what limpid has said with iOS being markedly more difficult to develop apps for, why do developers seem to focus on iOS so much?

That's a real question. I have no idea and there may be a perfectly rational explanation But I'm genuinely curious.

The software that they develop on for iOS is supposed to be top notch, which kinda helps and they only have to test that their app works on a handful of iOS gadgets, whereas with android there are thousands. Also, with the Play store (apparently) when you specify which devices your app works with, you have to exclude devices one by one manually, rather than just put in a list of stuff you've tested that it works with. You could, of course, just shove up your app and let users work it out, but then you'll get shitloads of one star reviews...

A recent report stated that Apple users spent on average $4 to every $1 spent on Android.

Now playing devils advocate you could say if Android users had the same catalogue of apps would their average spend be any higher?

I'd be interested (briefly) in the stats behind that........ if Android has 4 time the users that iOS has I could well imagine that to be the case but the reality is then that the spend would be the same.

A recent report stated that Apple users spent on average $4 to every $1 spent on Android.

Now playing devils advocate you could say if Android users had the same catalogue of apps would their average spend be any higher?

I'd be interested (briefly) in the stats behind that........ if Android has 4 time the users that iOS has I could well imagine that to be the case but the reality is then that the spend would be the same.

I know for a fact that Apple users on the whole are a lot more intelligent than Android, so tend to do better in life and therefore have more to spend on apps and other stuff. ;)

I know for a fact that Apple users on the whole are a lot more intelligent than Android, so tend to do better in life and therefore have more to spend on apps and other stuff. ;)

If you think that's crazy, there was another survey saying the Apple users are more likely to 'get laid' than Android users.

I'm quite happy with this one. I'll probably stop using a case shortly though, I'm just about used to the size now.

Mine arrived today - its very very nice. Much easier to hold that the phone alone whilst not massively changing the size and feel. 

Just got to get the insurance to sort the smashed screen now. 

Android skins are the devil.

It's hard to disagree with that statement. I use an LG g3 and I've not come across "SMS sync".

Some people love that stuff though. On another forum I post on someone was having kittens about transferring two years worth of messages to his new phone. What the hell he was planning to do with them I don't know.

Â