Android: General Chat

The_Lions_Roar

I had seen this mentioned on AC a couple of weeks ago so had looked and got Shaun the Sheep now I must have done this on my N7 because I have just checked again on my N5 and got offered Gravity too, so maybe worth checking on all your devices to see if you get offered it.

It can take a while, Google to rolling releases on updates so only a limited percentage of the devices due for them will get them on a given day.  You can attempt to force it by clearing the data on the Google Service Framework app if you want. 

It can take a while, Google to rolling releases on updates so only a limited percentage of the devices due for them will get them on a given day.  You can attempt to force it by clearing the data on the Google Service Framework app if you want. 

Last time I tried this I had to do a factory reset afterwards.

• Like 1

It can take a while, Google to rolling releases on updates so only a limited percentage of the devices due for them will get them on a given day. You can attempt to force it by clearing the data on the Google Service Framework app if you want.

Last time I tried this I had to do a factory reset afterwards.

Me too. Not recommended

Can't you force it by going to about phone and check for updates? I thought that jumped the queue.

That's never had any effect :)

Pretty sure it worked a couple of years ago on my HTC One. I was told by HTC that if I did nothing then people would get the notification of an update based on the internal serial number of their handset. If I was to 'search for updates' it bypassed the queue.

Â