Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

NFC = No **** Clue

Kidding.

As the Rev already knows, I've just installed Jellybean on my rather old ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco). The difference is huge. Much snappier, much quicker. e.g. Swype closes instantly now whereas before it would take up to 10 seconds to disappear. Maps is smooooth. Anyway, I am excite.

JB on a blade!? Well done :-)

I know a few of you will scoff at this decision but i am selling my Galaxy Nexus :(

It is a bloody great phone and I don't regret purchasing it at all, its much better than my old 4s and probably one of the best phones you can currently get pound for pound but i am just not clicking with it for whatever reason. A minor niggle is that it feels quite cheap in the hand despite being probably Samsung's most robust phone thus far.

The biggest problem for me though is the screen, resolution and clarity is absolutely fantastic BUT what is the point of giving it a 4.65 inch screen and then limiting it by having a black info bar type band across the top and a massive black band at the bottom that has the 'home' touch buttons on it (which annoys me as the bezel beneath the screen is plenty big enough to house those buttons). It comes across as constrained, that screen would be **** glorious if fully opened up.

I think i am going to get the controversial One X+ if the price isnt too high or the new Nokia, if prices are too high ill go for the One X. If anyone wants the GNex drop me a PM.

AVFCForever, how have you found the One X now you have had it for a little while? Any problems? White or black/grey?

Also, is there a shorter name I can refer to you by? :P

I really am tempted by the 920 but there is something I really adore about htc phones, I think it goes back to owning the original Desire and how it served me so well (still does tbh, as it was still great during the week I waited for the nexus to arrive).

I think my budget will be £400 though so that may price me out of both the One X+ and the 920 so thats why im thinking One X

The new (wave of?) Nexus phone(s) is due in a matter of weeks. I am waiting on that before doing anything. Seems odd you would be so interested in six month old hardware when shiny shiny new things are so damn close.

AVFCForever, how have you found the One X now you have had it for a little while? Any problems? White or black/grey?

Also, is there a shorter name I can refer to you by? :P

Sorry to hijack but my wife has the One X and she love it.

Battery is as good as my S3 and the screen is equal, if not better.

It also looks and feels a lot nicer than my S3 and I can't help but feel a little jealous but I will be getting JB first :)

Get the Lumia 920, or at least wait until it's out along with the new Nexus before making a decision.

As you can tell with my profile pic. I'm already set on buying the Lumia in yellow.

Sorry Conor, but that phone is **** disgusting (in yellow anyway).

10 days to upgrade day..... and I still don't know what to do.

I won't be waiting for the new shiny nexus because I'm pissed off with charging my Desire twice a day and can't wait any longer.

So.... Note2/S3/One X?

Go!!

I know a few of you will scoff at this decision but i am selling my Galaxy Nexus :(

It is a bloody great phone and I don't regret purchasing it at all, its much better than my old 4s and probably one of the best phones you can currently get pound for pound but i am just not clicking with it for whatever reason. A minor niggle is that it feels quite cheap in the hand despite being probably Samsung's most robust phone thus far.

The biggest problem for me though is the screen, resolution and clarity is absolutely fantastic BUT what is the point of giving it a 4.65 inch screen and then limiting it by having a black info bar type band across the top and a massive black band at the bottom that has the 'home' touch buttons on it (which annoys me as the bezel beneath the screen is plenty big enough to house those buttons). It comes across as constrained, that screen would be **** glorious if fully opened up.

I think i am going to get the controversial One X+ if the price isnt too high or the new Nokia, if prices are too high ill go for the One X. If anyone wants the GNex drop me a PM.

Obviously your choice is your choice but if I may respond.

It seems your only problem (apart from it feeling cheap to you which is subjective) is that the on-screen nav buttons take up some of the screen real-estate?

If so, there are a couple of things with that

1. The buttons are only there for when you don't need all of the screen. e.g. when you're watching a video on youtube, or playing a game they shift out of the way and you get to use all of the screen.

2. You can quite easily install (being a Nexus) something like AOKP or ParanoidAndroid where you can modify the nav bar to either not be there, be smaller, or be a tablet format where the notifications and nav are all on the bottom.

3. You can remove the Google Search widget and gain space by using another launcher such as Nova.

4. You can easily modify the screen density to effectively make your GN a mini-tablet and get loads on there.

The difference with having a Nexus is that you can do all of the above easily as it's open and there is plenty of community development. If you move to a non-Nexus and find something you don't like you're pretty much stuck and wouldn't be able to change it.

10 days to upgrade day..... and I still don't know what to do.

I won't be waiting for the new shiny nexus because I'm pissed off with charging my Desire twice a day and can't wait any longer.

So.... Note2/S3/One X?

Go!!

I would say the One x or if you want to look like Dom Joly the Note 2 ;)

Rev the S3 gets JellyBean this week.

As for the nexus, I also dislike the on screen buttons when the bezelbelow is so big . I assume newer nexus phones will have smaller bezel down there.

The Note 2 does look a superb handset if you are ok with the size. The originalnote was fine for me , it fit into my pocket no bother.

• Like 1

On the iPhone 3gs for the week and really missing my S3. I've just got so used to having it set up and customised to how I want it. My iPhone is so annoying and it takes ages to do what I want and I always have to go the long way round to do anything i.e. sharing photos, going through apps etc

Â