Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Any S3 users getting this annoying Samsung account update thing?

I get a notification saying "Samsung Account session expired", when I click it it updates somethign and gets me to enter a password, then nothing.

Then a few hours later, it repeats.

Kind of annoying!

Had a quick google and the only thing I found was to go to Settings --> Accounts and Sync and then remove and re-add the account.

Doesn't strike me a sa permanenet fix, but seems to have stopped it temporarliy at least

What is the best way to backup my music, apss, contacts, settings, photos, videos etc on my S3? Tried Kies but its really buggy and I keep getting an error and can only backup my music and photos. Everything else doesnt back up.

Contacts to gmail?

Settings I'm not sure about. I use Titanium Backup for all apps and thas saves settings within apps. But it needs root. Titanium can backup to Gdrive and dropbox

"SMS Backup & Restore" is good for messages. It can send the backupfile via email if you want it off phone.

"SMS Backup +" Does the same but backs up to your gmail account.

Photos to Gdrive or dropbox as Conor suggests

You guys still haven't got your dropbox 50gb? I'd find out how to sort that out, email dropbox asking. It's a great feature to have so I wouldn't let it go. Find out what the problem is.

Have you signed in via the Web and then via the app? Check dropbox forums

I don't know, but I THINK it's because when I first logged into Dropbox, I skipped th estep to immediately claim my free 50gb. And since I did that, it won't let me do it again. or rather I'm sure it will, I just haven't figured it out.

I'll drop them an email.

I have some PDF books I want to read, I used to just add them to the bookshelf (or whatever it was called on IOS) but cannot seem to add them to the google play books section. What can I do, is there something I can download as an easy book reader instead?

I have some PDF books I want to read, I used to just add them to the bookshelf (or whatever it was called on IOS) but cannot seem to add them to the google play books section. What can I do, is there something I can download as an easy book reader instead?

"Aldiko Book Reader" did a good job of it I though, but I only tested it on a tablet

Â