Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

My note 2 is taking its time to get here as the eBay seller is using a 3 legged camel. People should be banned from using anytbing but Royal Mail next day delivery. You're billing the buyer for postage after all.

5 inch 1080p HTC phone announced. Out in December.

I'm sorry but 1080p on a 5 inch screen is overkill. It's spec chasing now. I'd prefer 720p and improvements in other areas like screen power consumption.

This is like mega pixel chasing times of cameras.

If that ran Vanilla Android Id buy that..........

I said the same thing to my mate. Touchwiz I know and get on with. But I'm not learning Sense, especially as it's widely criticised very intrusive skin.

I'm so not interested in the LG Nexus though. It's just a better camera over the Galaxy Nexus at a huge cost of upgrade. I'll pass

Surprised a couple of people at work today by showing them the benefit of buying a phone outright rather than on a contract. Someone's just upgraded to the iPhone 4s, they're not really into their phones to be fair but they are paying £36 a month and got he phone 'free'. Now you can pick up an iPhone 5 for the same price. Anyway their contract is 24 months meaning they will pay £864 for this 'free' phone. Some £200 more than if they bought sim free and got a £10 a month sim only rolling contract. No longer do they believe they've got a free phone.

Still amazes me why someone would take out a 2 year contract.

My note 2 is taking its time to get here as the eBay seller is using a 3 legged camel. People should be banned from using anytbing but Royal Mail next day delivery. You're billing the buyer for postage after all.

My order with zavvi still says they're waiting stock from their supplier! Not happy considering the phone is now £399.99 on asda direct with free next day delivery! I better get it this week!

i need a new phone, ive had my htc desire hd for to long and the microphone has pretty much given up. Im only interested in another android phone and will buy it outright. do i get the S3 or is there anything better in the pipeline. I could probably hang on for one more month tops. Thoughts please?

Ok, so didn't get the Note 2, it's great but waaay too impractical. I love it but it wouldn't have worked out. So got the red s3 and **** me it's amazing! From a Desire on froyo to an ICS S3 is a huge move forward. It's fast intuitive and a thing of beauty.

Cheltenham, do it, the S3 is incredible.

Ok, so didn't get the Note 2, it's great but waaay too impractical. I love it but it wouldn't have worked out. So got the red s3 and **** me it's amazing! From a Desire on froyo to an ICS S3 is a huge move forward. It's fast intuitive and a thing of beauty.

Cheltenham, do it, the S3 is incredible.

Yay another villa claret S3 owner! I havent seen anyone else with one yet!

• Like 1

Still no JellyBean on the S3 then...

I got 4.1.2 update on my 2010 Nexus S the other day. :wub:

Every passing day that S3 owners have to wait further convinces me that team Nexus is the way to go. Jelly Bean is wonderful.

5 inch 1080p HTC phone announced. Out in December.

I'm sorry but 1080p on a 5 inch screen is overkill. It's spec chasing now. I'd prefer 720p and improvements in other areas like screen power consumption.

This is like mega pixel chasing times of cameras.

htc-j-butterfly-1-1350451958.jpg

HTC-J-Butterfly-HTL21-silver.png

htc-j-butterfly-630.jpg

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/htc-j-butterfly-unveiled-with-full-hd-5-inch-display-1104984

I think it looks like a stunning phone, no replaceable battery but the 2200mAh seems plenty (although I imagine the overkill screen/res will give it a good workout) and they have finally gone back to removable MicroSD cards. Smoothness of Sense and price will make or break this I imagine.

What postage was advertised?

I wonder if HTC know that Beats Audio puts more people off than it attracts them. Anyone who knows about audio knows Beats is crap. I wouldn't buy an HTC with Beats because it screams 'I'm an aural philistine'.

I wonder if HTC know that Beats Audio puts more people off than it attracts them.

They probably have extensive market research which confirms the opposite is true.

i need a new phone, ive had my htc desire hd for to long and the microphone has pretty much given up. Im only interested in another android phone and will buy it outright. do i get the S3 or is there anything better in the pipeline. I could probably hang on for one more month tops. Thoughts please?

http://direct.asda.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SIII-Mobile-Phone---Blue/008726383,default,pd.html

Give it a week and CVByrne will have a barely used phone on Ebay fire a knockdown price, and probably a top of the line model to boot.

;)

• Like 1

That is probably more to do with Sense being shit, reports of poor battery life and HTC being more keen than most on abandoning "old" phones that arent actually old than a Dr Dre tie in though, surely?

At this stage I just recommend the Galaxy S3 . It's just an excellent phone. Plain and simple.

There is a LG Nexus phone coming but given how long you owned your desire I can't recommend a phone with a sealed in battery.

You can't go wrong a Galaxy S3.

Â