• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 84)
    • Heskey (for Carew 90)

I always thought McShane was shit from unfortunately watching him for Ireland but I always thought maybe he's at a good enough level to compete in the Premier League and I just don't see it from match to match. Well no, he's absolutely horrendously bad and not only that, he's a hothead.

60 points for three seasons in a row for the very first time in our history.

Pff, that's only cuz it was 2pts for a win for ages.

From the 1919/20 season until the 1932/33 season - that's 14 seasons inclusive - only in one season (24/25) would we have failed to get at least 60pts if it was today's 3pts for a win - larger league notwithstanding...

Yeah, I know, but it was in my three things that I wanted this season when we wrote them up in August so I'm happy. :P

League table after 35 games last season. Don't tell me we're not in better shape this time around!

P TEAM        P   W   D   L   F   A  Pts   GD

1 Man United 35  26   5   4  65  24   83  +41

2 Liverpool  35  22  11   2  69  26   77  +43

3 Chelsea    35  22   8   5  59  21   74  +38

4 Arsenal    35  19  11   5  63  32   68  +31

5 A. Villa   35  16  10   9  51  44   58   +7

So we've turned 3 of our defeats into draws...

so we are 4 points of 4th?

so we have let in 9 less?

so we have +8 better goal difference?

so we have 3 points more?

Shut up really stop being so neggative dim wits like you need to stop looking down.

Just to put one more point across

so we are 16 points of 1st!

last year at this time 25 points

progress.................... I think so

Gabby MOTM, he never gives the ball away, one of the best target men around and should be going to the World Cup ahead of Heskey. Collins solid as a rock. Good performance, now to the most important game of the season, we could be joint 4th by Sunday.

just got back, here are my thoughts:

1. paul mcshane is the worst player i have ever seen play football

2. craig fagan is a complete moron

3. first time iv ever seen 10 minutes added time at the end of a game

4. after the second goal some of the football we played was lovely (credit especially to milner who was class) - saw out the game with minimal fuss

5. fairly poor turnout from us i thought? didnt really enjoy the hull fans singing 'empty seats' at us :(

6. yet to see a replay but gabby's goal looked sumptuous

Gabby MOTM, he never gives the ball away, one of the best target men around and should be going to the World Cup ahead of Heskey.

It makes me think we could bring in another quick short striker to play alongside him rather than playing him alongside a target man, when he can do that role himself.

Gabby MOTM, he never gives the ball away, one of the best target men around and should be going to the World Cup ahead of Heskey.

It makes me think we could bring in another quick short striker to play alongside him rather than playing him alongside a target man, when he can do that role himself.

short and quick - tell MON to go back to leicester and get Joachim! i think delf will be that striker although he is not short.

For the second match reaction thread running, despite being considered one of the more 'negative' posters on here, I am again flabbergasted by some of the comments moaning about tonights performance. Or at best saying "yeah job done".

Without wanting to start the old "I'm a better fan than you debate" it does beg the question- we win 2-0 away from home- right after the game people are on here moaning that we were still shit- why don't you go and support the lads? Because those that did go tonight supported the team throughout, but as someone else has said, it was slightly embarrassing having some northern monkey's singing "empty seats" at us. We should be selling out small allocations like tonights, yes even on a Wednesday night. So why don't you stop moaning and actually channel more of your effort into attending the game? Can't afford it? Then clean a couple of cars in your area for an extra £20. Those that want to go enough, can do.

Last season we completely went to pieces from February onwards and serious questions had to be asked. This season THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED. We have learnt from (some of) our mistakes and have improved, which is why with just three Premiership games left we are STILL in with a realistic chance of 4th or 5th place. Yes, we have tired in the last couple of months, but considering how far we've got in both cup competitions this season, I think that makes our League position even more commendable. It's been a good season on the whole and I don't see why people persist with their moaning to be frank.

I was chuffed with tonights win and a positive result against the scum on Sunday and I think we can safely say it's been a bloody decent season. Hull are scrapping for survival and have a good home record so to go their and win, and win convincingly, is a major testiment to how we played. Collins, Petrov, Milner and Agbonlahor were absolutely brilliant and were a class above everyone else on the field- Gabby just about won my vote for his superb hold-up play, lightening quick runs, and a brilliant goal to cap off an accomplished performance. That boy can count himself very unlucky if he doesn't go to the World Cup- he's becoming a real all-round player and if he improves his finishing he can be one of the best.

Lastly, Hull's fans are a right bunch of horrible tossers! Glad we sent them packing :winkold:

MARTIN O'NEILL'S CLARET & BLUE ARMY (now I never thought I'd write that on Villa Talk)

For the second match reaction thread running, despite being considered one of the more 'negative' posters on here, I am again flabbergasted by some of the comments moaning about tonights performance. Or at best saying "yeah job done".

Without wanting to start the old "I'm a better fan than you debate" it does beg the question- we win 2-0 away from home- right after the game people are on here moaning that we were still shit- why don't you go and support the lads? Because those that did go tonight supported the team throughout, but as someone else has said, it was slightly embarrassing having some northern monkey's singing "empty seats" at us. We should be selling out small allocations like tonights, yes even on a Wednesday night. So why don't you stop moaning and actually channel more of your effort into attending the game? Can't afford it? Then clean a couple of cars in your area for an extra £20. Those that want to go enough, can do.

Last season we completely went to pieces from February onwards and serious questions had to be asked. This season THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED. We have learnt from (some of) our mistakes and have improved, which is why with just three Premiership games left we are STILL in with a realistic chance of 4th or 5th place. Yes, we have tired in the last couple of months, but considering how far we've got in both cup competitions this season, I think that makes our League position even more commendable. It's been a good season on the whole and I don't see why people persist with their moaning to be frank.

I was chuffed with tonights win and a positive result against the scum on Sunday and I think we can safely say it's been a bloody decent season. Hull are scrapping for survival and have a good home record so to go their and win, and win convincingly, is a major testiment to how we played. Collins, Petrov, Milner and Agbonlahor were absolutely brilliant and were a class above everyone else on the field- Gabby just about won my vote for his superb hold-up play, lightening quick runs, and a brilliant goal to cap off an accomplished performance. That boy can count himself very unlucky if he doesn't go to the World Cup- he's becoming a real all-round player and if he improves his finishing he can be one of the best.

Lastly, Hull's fans are a right bunch of horrible tossers! Glad we sent them packing :winkold:

MARTIN O'NEILL'S CLARET & BLUE ARMY (now I never thought I'd write that on Villa Talk)

Good post mate :thumb:

This is simply one of the best comments I have read on VT in some months - shows you can be a moaner (sorry VandL) and STILL give credit where it's due.

For what it's worth I thought we struggled a little for momentum in midfield but the defence defended and the attack attacked and that Carew/Gabby pariing was the best I'd seen it for some time.

I thought Gabby was outstanding today - his running and positioning and ball use - apart from where he fluffed that 3-on-1 - were all superb and that goal was a peach!

And Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink should be grateful it's 2010 and not 2008. Richard Dunne knocked him out but Martin Laursen might have killed him!

Good post mate :thumb:

Indeed. Well said that man.

Three points away from home, clean sheet, job done. What a finish by Gabby.

Thought we played much better than we did against Pompey. Never had to get out of second gear to win. Hopefully keeps a lot in the tank for Sunday.

Well done lads.

didn't think we played that well last night TBH, but HUll were quite woeful IMO, so in the end it was relatively comfortable.

Someone mentioned Stan, Milly, Collins and Gabby, and yes, all were excellent. The rest were a bit meh, but these boys got us through.

I still think we're playing for 5th or 6th though, not 4th.

This is simply one of the best comments I have read on VT in some months - shows you can be a moaner (sorry VandL) and STILL give credit where it's due.

Well yeah, although personally I most respect the posts that manage to be positive after a defeat more than after a win.

Clearly V&L isn't one of the posters with an actual AGENDA, anyway.

Also, this:

just got back, here are my thoughts:

1. paul mcshane is the worst player i have ever seen play football

Made me laugh. He is pretty shocking, old Shazza.

I thought Gabby was outstanding today - his running and positioning and ball use - apart from where he fluffed that 3-on-1 - were all superb and that goal was a peach!

Yeah. Pitch was shit anyway though, a couple of other passes bobbled out of existence on it over the course of the game.