What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Its also amazing that Milner has one good season and now everyone thinks he's a world beater!

In the same way some think Ireland is a world beater after,.....oh yes, one good season.

Nobody has said Ireland is a world beater. We just said Ireland is as good or maybe better than Milner.

The teams rumoured to be interested in each player and the likely fees said teams would be willing to pay for the services of each, would suggest otherwise.

Man City are minted, so the proposed transfer fees double, Ireland doesnt get on with Mancini, thus Mancini wants him out, what the problem with that?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the metro city are going to offer us cash + shaun wright phillips.

if this is true what is it with city making these derisory offers id rather have aiden mcgreedy than SWP he's shite. just stump up the cash and ireland or pure cash otherwise **** off and stop wasting our time.

No problem wiggy, If we sign Ireland great. But i do belive city will be much better off, and we will be much worse off should these two players swap clubs.

nt: by better off, i obviously dont mean financially.

if this is true what is it with city making these derisory offers id rather have aiden mcgreedy than SWP he's shite. just stump up the cash and ireland or pure cash otherwise **** off and stop wasting our time.

It's just business, takes time. As it's Man City it takes a bit longer I suppose as everyone who deals with them knows that they are been tossers because they are just that, not because they need to save money or they have a budget of some sort to keep to. It's all about not looking like either side has give in at the moment. Won't be long now I suspect.

Signing Ireland and keeping Milner is not going to happen, in my opinion of course

simply keeping Milner is not going to happen, imo.

No problem wiggy, If we sign Ireland great. But i do belive city will be much better off, and we will be much worse off should these two players swap clubs.

If we get over the fact that we're going to lose one of our best players, then we'll surely realise that we will come out of this a stronger team?

Even if we buy a player that, like Milner, takes one season to become a better player. Surely that's still a good deal?

- Milner was bought for £12m.

- A couple of years later and he's a £20m player (going for more than £20m).

- We could buy Ireland (or another "£10m player").

- A few seasons later and that player could also be worth £20m.

All we're doing is increasing the value of our assests and gradually increasing the quality of the team.

Its also amazing that Milner has one good season and now everyone thinks he's a world beater!

In the same way some think Ireland is a world beater after,.....oh yes, one good season.

Nobody has said Ireland is a world beater. We just said Ireland is as good or maybe better than Milner.

The teams rumoured to be interested in each player and the likely fees said teams would be willing to pay for the services of each, would suggest otherwise.

Anyone who thinks Ireland is even as good, let alone better than Milner is delusional, IMO.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it appears as though young Stephen Ireland has contracted the rare and incurable NRC Disease, i.e. the less he plays the better he seems to become.

I don't for one second think that we'll bring him in as he's a disruptive, untrustworthy little git who has all the hallmarks of a certain Lee Hendrie.

Thankfully we have someone with some knowledge of football in charge of transfers and hence I can sleep easy at night knowing the little retard will be plying his trade far from Villa Park, in fact I can see him ending up at that shower of shite down the road.

If we get over the fact that we're going to lose one of our best players, then we'll surely realise that we will come out of this a stronger team?

Even if we buy a player that, like Milner, takes one season to become a better player. Surely that's still a good deal?

All we're doing is increasing the value of our assests and gradually increasing the quality of the team.

This is not the way to do things but what choice do we have other than invest to keep them. I am not sure I 100 % agree that we are gradually improving the team, losing your best players does overall long term harm IMO.

If we are gradually improving the team then the replacement of Milner will be of similar age and ability when we bought him with a little extra to continue the improvement of the squad. It´s the only way the Villa will convince me now. The talk of Ireland/SWP is great but it does not in any way improve on Milner or our chances of moving up the league. If it did they wouldn't sell them to us.

if this is true what is it with city making these derisory offers id rather have aiden mcgreedy than SWP he's shite. just stump up the cash and ireland or pure cash otherwise **** off and stop wasting our time

you have got to be joking?! from what i have seen swp is miles better in my view!

Rob

I really dont understand how losing a £20m player and replacing him with a £10m player leaves us in a stronger position. As i said above, if Ireland was as good as Jimmy city would not want rid. And if it was so abundantly clear that Ireland could potentially become a £20m player in 12 months time, (Villa aside) Sunderland would not be the biggest club interested in signing him.

This is not the way to do things but what choice do we have other than invest to keep them. I am not sure I 100 % agree that we are gradually improving the team, losing your best players does overall long term harm IMO.

If we are gradually improving the team then the replacement of Milner will be of similar age and ability when we bought him with a little extra to continue the improvement of the squad. It´s the only way the Villa will convince me now. The talk of Ireland/SWP is great but it does not in any way improve on Milner or our chances of moving up the league. If it did they wouldn't sell them to us.

Not in the short term, but in the long term it does. Then once we've gradually improved, year-on-year, players will be more likely to stay at Villa and think we can compete at a higher level.

Spurs have done exactly what I've said; now they're looking to compete in the CL. That could be us in 2/3 years if we continue to buy players like Ash/ Milner.

Rob

I really dont understand how losing a £20m player and replacing him with a £10m player leaves us in a stronger position. As i said above, if Ireland was as good as Jimmy city would not want rid. And if it was so abundantly clear that Ireland could potentially become a £20m player in 12 months time, (Villa aside) Sunderland would not be the biggest club interested in signing him.

saying that citeh thought lescott was better and they paid 23m than our own 6m for richard dunne, so that argument is kind of flawed

Rob

Jesus, I'm sick of repeating myself in this thread.

Why did Spurs sell Bent? Why did City sell us Dunne last year?

Sometimes players just don't get on with teams or aren't rated. Mancini got Lescott for £24m. We got Dunne for £5m. Dunne was in the Team of the Year. Lescott wasn't.

You are really viewing this situation as "Next season we will be a worse team and Man City will be a better team".

There is more at stake here than just next season, av1. Surely there is a possibility that we could buy a £10m player who is as good as Milner was 2 years ago. Man City wouldn't want to buy that player because it'd mean they'd have to train that person up gradually.

BUT. If we bought that player. In 2 years time we could have a player who is as good as Milner - PLUS the players that we could have bought with the extra Milner money. That leaves us in a better position, no?

We're not Man City. We don't want to spend £300m in 2 years to try and win the league as quickly as possible.

We're trying to gradually improve our team in a way that doesn't kill us financially.

With Ash, Downing and Albrighton I don't see what SWP would offer us that we don't already have.

Infact, I personally don't think it would be a disaster if we lost Milner and brought Albrighton into a 1st team this season. Albrighton has all the tenacity and determinaton that Milner has, which is Milners main quality, plus he seems to has a spark of somthing special, skill wise, that Milner lacked IMO.

With Ash, Downing and Albrighton I don't see what SWP would offer us that we don't already have.

Infact, I personally don't think it would be a disaster if we lost Milner and brought Albrighton into a 1st team this season. Albrighton has all the tenacity and determinaton that Milner has, which is Milners main quality, plus he seems to has a spark of somthing special, skill wise, that Milner lacked IMO.

I think Albrighton is going to be more involved in the first team regardless of Milner, but they play in completely different positions so I don't see the relevance.

SWP is kinda crap, I wouldn't like him.

but the capello index rated swp best england player though!

in all seriousness, swp is out of form, not consitently in the side. he is a very good player when he is on form, i think him on the right and young on the left would be lethal, push downing inside see how he does

No in fact what we would be doing is constantly changing our style/ formation, bringing on young players and then selling them when they become our best player to a bigger more ambitious club. That is performing the role of a feeder club