What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Heard a couple of rumors about SWP getting offered to Villa again. The story was on goal.com, so its by no means official (I also don't know how to post it). So, the question is. Would you take Ireland and SWP for Milner?

No to SWP under any circumstances. He gets in Albrighton's way. And before people say "oh Marc will get in if he's good enough". That's stupid because we've seen countless times that being bought by O'Neill gets you in almost by default and even then if you're dropped you'll be replaced by someone he also bought. So I'll have Ireland + £15m or just the £14m if they insist on £24m :)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a couple of rumors about SWP getting offered to Villa again. The story was on goal.com, so its by no means official (I also don't know how to post it). So, the question is. Would you take Ireland and SWP for Milner?

Errrr, no. Simple. I don't rate SWP, but even aside from that he's not worth £10m so those two players don't add up to Milner.

Errrr, no. Simple. I don't rate SWP, but even aside from that he's not worth £10m so those two players don't add up to Milner.

Just curious, I'd rather have the money for other purchases given that we can't seem to sell anyone at the moment. I personally haven't seen to much of SWP, but I agree that he isn't worth 10m

No to SWP under any circumstances. He gets in Albrighton's way. And before people say "oh Marc will get in if he's good enough". That's stupid because we've seen countless times that being bought by O'Neill gets you in almost by default and even then if you're dropped you'll be replaced by someone he also bought. So I'll have Ireland + £15m or just the £14m if they insist on £24m :)
Same could be said for Keane ?

Same could be said for Keane ?

Well he's also bought Carew & Heskey so he's covered there. He can replace them at will. I'm only concerned with Albrighton's future at the club and he wasn't bought so he'll need help.

I don't understand the "he wasn't bought so he'll need help" part. But I definatly agree that SWP would hold up Albrighton's development.

There's no point us buying a winger this window. We have 2 established Prem wingers and one who can be gradually brought into the team this season.

Let's use the "Milner-Fund" to buy a central-midfield replacement, a RB and a striker (Or two of the three).

lads, everyones focussing on the wage bill in the wrong way

yes, cutting it is imperitive... but i dont think its cutting it for first teamers that's the issue. its getting the players mon has signed and doesnt use off the wage bill, with a warning never to **** things up so badly again on the wage front. i cant see randy having issues paying guys who are ACTUALLY playing football

so far as i can see it hes just sick of paying for mons mistakes to sit on their arses

Interesting. So when we sign the players to go into the first team, what about those players that are displaced? Or are we saying that MON will now operate a completely rotational policy?

I don't understand the "he wasn't bought so he'll need help" part. But I definatly agree that SWP would hold up Albrighton's development.

There's no point us buying a winger this window. We have 2 established Prem wingers and one who can be gradually brought into the team this season.

Let's use the "Milner-Fund" to buy a central-midfield replacement, a RB and a striker (Or two of the three).

Then what happens if (God forbid) something was to happen to either of the first team wingers?

I'm only concerned with Albrighton's future at the club and he wasn't bought so he'll need help.

Can you expand on that please Bri? :?

If Mon buys a winger he will have to give him decent wages and he will have to play him in his first team. Therefore no place for Marc.

I think BOF is alluding to Mons apparent reluctance to bring through home grown youngsters when he can go out and buy a "Downing."

My names Bri by the way. :lol:

And before people say "oh Marc will get in if he's good enough". That's stupid because we've seen countless times that being bought by O'Neill gets you in almost by default and even then if you're dropped you'll be replaced by someone he also bought.

Except in Gabby's case, where the player has been good enough to start over a quite a few of the manager's signings whenever he's fit. I would imagine that Albrighton's future mirrors more that of Gabby rather than Gary Cahill, for example.

I'm only concerned with Albrighton's future at the club and he wasn't bought so he'll need help.

Can you expand on that please Bri? :?

If Mon buys a winger he will have to give him decent wages and he will have to play him in his first team. Therefore no place for Marc.

I think BOF is alluding to Mons apparent reluctance to bring through home grown youngsters when he can go out and buy a "Downing."

My names Bri by the way. :lol:

Thanks Bri :)

Then what happens if (God forbid) something was to happen to either of the first team wingers?

We'd drop Albrighton into the deep end...

If Petrov get's injured then we'd bring in Sidwell/ NRC/ Delph.

If Gabby get's injured we'd bring on Heskey or Carew or Delfouneso.

We don't have many quality back-ups. But I'd much prefer us to spend out money on our first team instead of back-ups.

We'd drop Albrighton into the deep end...

Is that really what you would expect of a club aiming for the champions league?

You are more of a gambler than me!

Is that really what you would expect of a club aiming for the champions league?

No, but then we are not acting like a club aiming for the champions league