What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

So City are going to make a take it or leave it offer of £24m .... guess Milner will be staying then as we told them the price is £30 m

But personally I don't believe a word printed in the papers and I'm surprised so many on here are quick to do the same

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but thats pathetic, He had ages to come out and say to the papers what he wants to do... Couple of months infact but at no point did he say anything to the press so why should I believe him? He could've put this to bed along time ago if he didn't want to move...but he didn't and that's a motive of someone who is looking to leave.

anyway i dont the papers are telling the full story as usual.

Briggaman - I'm not talking about the article in any of the rags - I'm talking about the clear difference between the statement made after the meeting with Milner from the club, and what was said by O'Neill last week. There's a huge difference between the two.

Briggaman - I'm not talking about the article in any of the rags - I'm talking about the clear difference between the statement made after the meeting with Milner from the club, and what was said by O'Neill last week. There's a huge difference between the two.

Agreed!

I don't believe a word printed in the papers and I'm surprised so many on here are quick to do the same

Its only the people who are desperate for it to be true that seem to believe it though.

there we go! Didn't think it'd be too long before you'd be posting about people rather than Villa.

I don't believe a word printed in the papers and I'm surprised so many on here are quick to do the same

Its only the people who are desperate for it to be true that seem to believe it though.

Yes i'm desperate for our best player to leave!

Is MON stubborn?

Can you imagine him ignoring a player who has pissed him off, baring in mind he has done it before?

Oh and when has Milner done anything through the media, he is not that type of assumed scumbag.

As Pilchard said there is a difference between the club statement and what MON said, baring in mind MON has said he has only spoken to Milner once this summer. Its not as cut and dry as Milner is word removed, he is bothered about looking like a money grabber, yes i'm sure he is really bothered :lol:

And for the record - I don't know what to believe. I don't think Milner would go to the press and see no benefit for him to do so and say he wants to stay if he actually doesn't. He's got a PFA agent so presumably that's all above board. it would make no sense for the club to directly mislead fans in an official statement saying it went well when it didn't, and it would be foolish for a manager to fall out with our best player publically by lying about him in a press conference - no positive outcome from that either.

Though I expect that I'll soon be told what I think by someone.

And for the record - I don't know what to believe. I don't think Milner would go to the press and see no benefit for him to do so and say he wants to stay if he actually doesn't. He's got a PFA agent so presumably that's all above board. it would make no sense for the club to directly mislead fans in an official statement saying it went well when it didn't, and it would be foolish for a manager to fall out with our best player publically by lying about him in a press conference - no positive outcome from that either.

Though I expect that I'll soon be told what I think by someone.

I'm backing the manager in this case. I've seen nothing from Milner to suggest otherwise although maybe I have missed the quotes.

Hanky - and saying the official club statemennt mislead fans?

Whoever you believe, someone comes out looking bad. It's a becomming a huge mess. The outcome, however, is pretty obvious. And losing the clubs best player is disappointing.

He's got a PFA agent so presumably that's all above board.

I don't think that's the case any more John. He's represented by Jason Ferguson, Alex's son, and the one who is the reason for Sralex not talking to the BBC any more, after they accused him of being dodgy.

Whoever you believe, someone comes out looking bad. It's a becomming a huge mess. The outcome, however, is pretty obvious. And losing the clubs best player is disappointing.

Arguably our best player, not nailed on our best...

I agree. The situation is a bit of a mess and needs to be resolved. I just come from the viewpoint that if Milner doesn't want to leave then why do we want to sell? If we can get some money (however little) for a few other players we might be able to buy a couple of players that can sustain our push to top 4/6.

Yes i'm desperate for our best player to leave!

Is MON stubborn?

Can you imagine him ignoring a player who has pissed him off, baring in mind he has done it before?

Oh and when has Milner done anything through the media, he is not that type of assumed scumbag.

As Pilchard said there is a difference between the club statement and what MON said, baring in mind MON has said he has only spoken to Milner once this summer. Its not as cut and dry as Milner is word removed, he is bothered about looking like a money grabber, yes i'm sure he is really bothered :lol:

When asked, before the World Cup, where he would be playing his football next season, Milner grinned and said "I don't know". In my view, his departur from Villa has been inevitable since then and I don't know why people are getting so worked up about it now it's happening.

What seems to have happened is MON is trying to get the sale sorted in enough time to do some business in the transfer market.

Cue for everyone to pile in and criticise MON, construct conspiracy theories etc.

Ho hum, it's Aston Villa and another transfer window.

He's got a PFA agent so presumably that's all above board.

I don't think that's the case any more John. He's represented by Jason Ferguson, Alex's son, and the one who is the reason for Sralex not talking to the BBC any more, after they accused him of being dodgy.

hmm. Well if that's correct then I'd be changing my thoughts slightly. Would be still disappointed over the difference between club statement and MON though.

Why would milner allow himself to be bad mouthed in the press if this was all made up by MON?

I think Milner wants to leave, MON has made that clear and the papers are trying to create new interest in a story that has been going on for 2 months.

MON and his team of coaches developed Milner, Ash and Gabby into the players they are today. There's nothing to say they can't do that with a host of other players too so I'd much rather keep them above any of our players assuming we received a large sum for them. I'd peg their combined value at about 60mil fwiw.

hmm. Well if that's correct then I'd be changing my thoughts slightly. Would be still disappointed over the difference between club statement and MON though.

A meeting can still go well without necessarily having the outcome we wanted. I don't remember this initial statement so I'm merely speculating.

Analysing the events will not change the facts. I don't feel misled, I'm just angered it's taking so damn long to get sorted. Our entire summer spend is dependent on another club, it's pathetic. I thought we were bigger than this, very disappointing.

Analysing the events will not change the facts. I don't feel misled, I'm just angered it's taking so damn long to get sorted. Our entire summer spend is dependent on another club, it's pathetic. I thought we were bigger than this, very disappointing.

I agree and what is more for O'Neill to come out and tell the world this was stupid and self harming.

Best case is we hold on to Milner but we don't improve at all this summer which could easily leave the likes of Ashley Young doubting the ambition of the club and wanting to move himself.

Worst case though Man City take the attitude of 'well they need to sell' so this is our offer take or leave it. It will be on the table to the end of the window its up to you.

Because they may want Milner but they don't need him, if they don't get him they will get someone else or manage with what they have. The pressure is all on us and O'Neill's comments the other day have increased that pressure.

I've always been told what a smart guy O'Neill is but his comments on Milner seem nothing but stupid to me. They do nothing to help Aston Villa and only serve to weaken our position regardless of the out come with Milner.

Why couldn't he simply say something like "There has been interests and we've rejected a bid so he remains a Villa player and part of our plans. Unless the situtation changes we will continue to try and build and strengthen our team and unless Man City meet our valuation James Milner will be a part of that"

Why couldn't have said that? Ultimately the meaning is the same but the message is very very different.