• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just disappointed in Milner's loyalty, I thought he would give us more respect than he has done.
He's a footballer,them rocket polishers don't do respect.money is all they give toss about the bastards..

smokingzen - I wasn't "posting for effect".. more "posting to relieve my boredom"

But thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post!

MON has come out and said Milner and his agent approached the club before the world cup - saying he wanted to go. Citeh then made a bid (according to MON).

Now Milner's come out and said this wasn't the case - he didn't say he wanted to leave.

I wonder who's trying to cover their arse more - Milner or MON ???

Please go back to the Randy interviews, and also review subsequent comments from MON, the General and himself. The crux is we have to sell to buy, though they don't really like to use those words, and unless there are exceptional circumstances, there will be no new cash from Randy's pockets.

Rubbish mate, you go back and read it. It simply isn't the case. We currently have players that are no longer in our plans...they need to go. It isnt sell to buy..but easier to dress it up like that, as you are doing.

We just need an end to this now, there's not alot of time left if we need to replace him.

A direct quote from MON yesterday taken from the radio interview on the BBC website:

“I've just mentioned earlier there, we are in a position, probably at this moment where we'd have to sell to buy, it's not ideal, ermm particularly if your going to keep challenging, but if that's the reality of it that's the reality of it.”

That sounds to me, the probability of the reality of it, is in all probability, the reality is we have to sell to buy. Ermmm I think that's fairly clear.

MON seems to call this sell to buy, Randy seems to call it good business acumen, they're both right.

I do agree however that we need to get this done ASAP so we can get the players MON wants in by the last day of the transfer window. :lol:

Now Milner's come out and said this wasn't the case - he didn't say he wanted to leave.

I wonder who's trying to cover their arse more - Milner or MON ???

Could you or someone else show me where Milner has spoken out pleaaaaase?

I have never had any doubt about Milner or his intentions...and if you have any doubts about my stance check my previous posts.

...A steve Hodge for me used Villa a stepping stone and thats all he seen us as.

fair play to him, but i simply don't rate him as some of you do on here

now if it was David Platt, Dwight yorke or Brian Little leaving I could understand the disappointment.

If the money is spent wisely.....(fur rabbits foot tightly in hand) we will be better off.

probably 10mill for Keane and 10 mill for Parker....that just about spunks it away nicely.

I have never had any doubt about Milner or his intentions...and if you have any doubts about my stance check my previous posts.

...A steve Hodge for me used Villa a stepping stone and thats all he seen us as.

fair play to him, but i simply don't rate him as some of you do on here

now if it was David Platt, Dwight yorke or Brian Little leaving I could understand the disappointment.

If the money is spent wisely.....(fur rabbits foot tightly in hand) we will be better off.

probably 10mill for Keane and 10 mill for Parker....that just about spunks it away nicely.

I'd rather get ireland as part of the deal.i think he's the attacking midfielder we need,and i think if we do have him we'll be better off without Milner anyway.

love football...hate footballers

Look seriously, they all want to go where the good ones are.

you have to convince them that thats what your all about.

if not.........MEDIOCRE HERE WE COME.

Any deal for Ireland would have to be seperate to Milner's transfer that will be a straight cash deal.

No part exchanges will be part of the deal.

Agree though, go & sign Ireland Martin.

He should'nt have to be told, it should be obvious.

I see this the same way I saw the Barry situation...cash in while you can before his contract gets to short and youre forced to sell for a lesser price. We got Milner for 12m just two years ago and if MON can manage to bring in 2 more players like Milner with the money then we'll be better off. It's the way this club has to be run until some Arab billionaire buys us.

I see this the same way I saw the Barry situation...cash in while you can before his contract gets to short and youre forced to sell for a lesser price. We got Milner for 12m just two years ago and if MON can manage to bring in 2 more players like Milner with the money then we'll be better off. It's the way this club has to be run until some Arab billionaire buys us.

Exactly. ManU sold Ronaldo based on the same principle IMO. All players are for sale if the price is "right", only a very few clubs can afford to pay crazy fees and not sell their best players if such crazy fees are offered.

Premier League - Parker: Villa the winners over Milner

Eurosport - Sat, 24 Jul 08:39:00 2010

When you look at the number of players that Manchester City already have in their squad, especially in midfield, it looks as though James Milner will be just another to arrive on big money and not play regular football.

At Aston Villa last season he was one of the first names on the team sheet, but it's not going to be that way at Eastlands.

Milner is highly-praised for his versatility, but I can't see him holding down a regular starting place either on the wings or in the centre of midfield. Due to their recent signings, City have well over a dozen other midfielders in their ranks already. One of those is now a World Cup winner and another was a first-teamer at Barcelona for the past three years.

In footballing terms, I think it is a bad move for him. But if it is money that he is chasing then he's off to the right club.

To leave Aston Villa to go to Manchester City, it must be about money. City may be on a mission to spend their way to the top, but in terms of comparing the two clubs, both historically and in recent years, Villa have more about them. It's certainly not a step forward.

Roberto Mancini is loading himself up with problems, whether he tries to ignores the major egos in the dressing room and persist with a settled side, or whether he adopts a rotation policy to keep everyone happy.

Even when Chelsea were at their most spend-happy under Jose Mourinho, the Portuguese coach managed to keep a strong core within the first team. Mancini is going to struggle to do that with the number of playing staff already on his books as it is, without adding any more.

I personally don't think this will be a good move for Milner. For Villa, however, I think it could be great. They are in line to pocket a tremendous sum of money for a player who I don't think is worth anywhere near that amount.

Once again, last season Villa suffered from the lack of depth in their squad. They just weren't able to last the pace as the race for fourth place neared its end. So a windfall of anything up to the £30 million they are demanding can help Martin O'Neill make several significant signings that will greatly aid them next season.

He was great at times last season, and has improved year on year, but it remains to be seen if he can produce that form consistently. He is also still not proven at international level. It seems to me that City are once again paying well over the odds for a player.

Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would certainly never dream of paying that kind of fee for a player of Milner's abilities. Not even Harry Redknapp, who is always keen to give English players a chance, would see him as a decent buy at that price.

I'm no fan of Premier League managers shipping in foreign players when there are equally talented Englishmen not being given the same opportunities, but when Milner is going for so much money can you blame them?

Paul Parker / Eurosport

interesting view