What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Now Jez, you're only basing your speculation on pure bullshit. I find it very, very hard to believe that Milner and his agent wouldn't be able to get hold of MON if they wanted to. There were an agent a couple of years ago that said that he tried to get hold of MON to convince him that he had a great player for him to sign and MON didn't answer. If Milner gave MON a call I think he'd answer pretty quick.

Yeah your probably right, as i said it was just speculation.

But MON is known for being stubborn correct?

I'm just trying to understand why Milner is suddenly a word removed (in some eyes) when he has never shown signs of it before.

Yeah, I didn't fully read your post and I appologise for that. :oops: But I still think that what I said is true.

Now, the reason Milner's become a word removed in my eyes is the fickleness in me. I just don't like when our stars wants to leave my beloved Villa in certain ways. If he'd said he wanted to sit down and maybe negotiate a contract for real and then citeh had offered us say £30m and we'd said ok to that and then he'd talked to them and signed for them I would think a bit better of him. A bit. Still don't like it when they leave.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol the guy was crying when Newcastle pulled the plug. He's jumped ship after half a good season. Says it all about his character. word removed.
I do not think anyone can blame Milner for wanting to go to a club more ambitious, more likely to win things, with better players and a whole pile of additional salary for the priviliege.

Yeah what a tosser he is.

Why should he have any loyalty for us to the degree that it affects his career, in fact why should we expect it? Is he a Villa fan? I suspect not

Grateful for the club for the exposure? Yes but we are all grown ups, running a business where we have to be self sufficient he knows the risks that he has as a player and we know the risks to the club.

Sorry but Milner is beyond any blame in this for me.

Lol the guy was crying when Newcastle pulled the plug. He's jumped ship after half a good season. Says it all about his character. word removed.
I do not think anyone can blame Milner for wanting to go to a club more ambitious, more likely to win things, with better players and a whole pile of additional salary for the priviliege.

Why should he have any loyalty for us to the degree that it affects his career, in fact why should we expect it? Is he a Villa fan? I suspect not

Grateful for the club for the exposure? Yes but we are all grown ups, running a business where we have to be self sufficient he knows the risks that he has as a player and we know the risks to the club.

Are you sure that you should be using that term?

I don't expect Milner to have any loyalty, I just find it sad that we've not managed to make ourselves big enough that we can put up more of a fight.

You see, I don't think Milner is a mercenary. He's a level headed guy and if he could see us competing with Manchester City now and in the future I think he would at least be willing to sit down and let us make an offer. Yet, from what we're hearing, it was never an option for him to stay.

Sad, really it is. Because we keep falling further and further behind and now we're skint. Something has to change.

My previous post was rather long wasn't it. I've far too much time on my hands at the moment as I'm off, somewhat ironically, with an inured hand!

I hope I posted in the correct format, I was hoping some of the comments would be replied to, but I was more trying to take a selection of comments and show how a large consensus of people in this thread seem to be jumping to conclusions considering the actual information we have.

Rob182 – Bravo! All the quotes I used tried to keep the meaning of the context they were initially stated in, and I believe were complete sentences, unlike your little story, of all the right words, just not in the right order. I also tried to answer valid points, whilst it would seem you are merely posting for effect.

* Disclaimer - I presume Rob182 was posting for effect and that was not the extent of his grammatical ability.

Pelle – there was certainly no intention to either stop people replying to my thread, I'm actually trying to stimulate debate, or intentionally cut away your post to further my argument, I was highlighting the salient point I wanted to discuss there.

To answer your points however:

Please go back to the Randy interviews, and also review subsequent comments from MON, the General and himself. The crux is we have to sell to buy, though they don't really like to use those words, and unless there are exceptional circumstances, there will be no new cash from Randy's pockets.

Admittedly he said Milner was going to remain a Villa player, though what else is he going to say? No, we're selling Milner! Then risk this kind or ire directed at the club for selling one of our best players and alert other clubs we are actively looking to offload him, therefore reducing his value?

I love Villa, I think we have an excellent chairman, a good manager and I respect Milner.

Maybe you should read the last part of what I posted above properly. Milner hasn't “said he wants to leave” and MON hasn't said he has, he has said he “intimated” he wants to go, completely different. It would seem the subtlety of this difference is lost on quite a few people. One of the things I've been trying to highlight.

I also haven't said MON or anyone else has done any wrong, hence I stated IMO there was no blame to apportion as it's a good bit of business all round. What I do think is wrong however is for fans to jump to conclusions and vilify a player (mmm staring to wonder about the origins of that word) based upon bugger all evidence whatsoever.

Def:- Villafy - To make vicious and defamatory statements about a player that is leaving Aston Villa FC because you can't handle that fact he is leaving even though you are not fully aware of the circumstances of his departure.

Are you sure that you should be using that term?

What term / Us? Why not, I am refering to the club that we support, I would think US is an adequate term?

Hi folks quick question

with the introduction of the uefa financial fair play rule in a few years will teams have to be breaking even or making a profit! and if so what would be the consequences if teams are not breaking even?"

Would the money from Jimmys transfer be spent on new players or would the money help us to break even?

We've all got far too much time on our hands if the manic twists and turns of this thread are anything to go by. Speculation is fine on a fans forum, abusing players on the basis of nothing but guesswork is not imo.

The general says that Milner has behaved professionally throughout this sorry saga, and that he has kept his head down. Mon has been typically "Mon", and confused the issue by not being either willing or able to give the bare facts in a simple and coherent sentence.

We know Mon by now and we also know Milner, so let's wait until we are in possession of clear indisputable fact before we start to apportion blame, if indeed there is any to be attached to individuals.

Remember, without Man City and their huge piles of reality distorting cash, none of this would be happening. Happy days and UTV!!!!

We've all got far too much time on our hands if the manic twists and turns of this thread are anything to go by. Speculation is fine on a fans forum, abusing players on the basis of nothing but guesswork is not imo.

The general says that Milner has behaved professionally throughout this sorry saga, and that he has kept his head down. Mon has been typically "Mon", and confused the issue by not being either willing or able to give the bare facts in a simple and coherent sentence.

We know Mon by now and we also know Milner, so let's wait until we are in possession of clear indisputable fact before we start to apportion blame, if indeed there is any to be attached to individuals.

Remember, without Man City and their huge piles of reality distorting cash, none of this would be happening. Happy days and UTV!!!!

Yeah... Fu*k Man City!

All this speculating on speculation is doing my head in.

I really don't buy this idea of Milner being so upset there's no way back. If it's such a big deal I am sure he has got at least one reporter's number on his phone he could ring and clarify his position to. He's on holiday for frig's sake, not in prison?

As far as I'm concerned MON's little speech was basically a call to Man City to put up or shut up - if you come up with the money we'll sell and the player will happily sign for you. If City don't come up with the money Milner stays a Villa player and he will continue to do a fantastic job of doing that. He has only just cracked the England side - he is hardly going to go on strike and sulk when it would pretty much spell the end of his England career in the short term.

I would like to say my opinoin on this whole Milner saga:

For me he is a good player for villa and i would love him to stay, but if he feels he needs to go to win things then let him go. Atleast his being honest and telling us he wants to go to citeh unlike barry, who said i want to go to liverpool with a big history and then goes for the money instead.

For me i will always clap milner when he comes back (if he goes) and he will always be Jinky Jimmy to me. Mainly due to one memory and im sure every will rember this too that great pen against Small heath to show them who the pride of the midlands is.

Please rember MIlner for the good times and not just this one bit of his villa career. His no Barry!!

I really don't buy this idea of Milner being so upset there's no way back. If it's such a big deal I am sure he has got at least one reporter's number on his phone he could ring and clarify his position to. He's on holiday for frig's sake, not in prison?

As far as I'm concerned MON's little speech was basically a call to Man City to put up or shut up - if you come up with the money we'll sell and the player will happily sign for you. If City don't come up with the money Milner stays a Villa player and he will continue to do a fantastic job of doing that. He has only just cracked the England side - he is hardly going to go on strike and sulk when it would pretty much spell the end of his England career in the short term.

That's how I read MON's words, I think Milner is professional enough to continue to play for us if City won't pay up. He's certainly no Barry.

That's how I read MON's words, I think Milner is professional enough to continue to play for us if City won't pay up. He's certainly no Barry.

Though Barry continued to play pretty well for us for a season after the Pool deal went sour.

Please go back to the Randy interviews, and also review subsequent comments from MON, the General and himself. The crux is we have to sell to buy, though they don't really like to use those words, and unless there are exceptional circumstances, there will be no new cash from Randy's pockets.

Rubbish mate, you go back and read it. It simply isn't the case. We currently have players that are no longer in our plans...they need to go. It isnt sell to buy..but easier to dress it up like that, as you are doing.

We just need an end to this now, there's not alot of time left if we need to replace him.

if JM intimated he wanted to leave before the World Cup, then surely it has nothing to do with Villa's ambition. He'd have had no inkling of who we were looking to sign, etc. Methinks his head was turned somehow, and THAT is why he's leaving, not because of the club itself.

Last season we had 2 cracking cup runs and danced with a top 4 place until the very end, which is progress. Who's to say we won't progress further this season. It's not all about how much you spend but what you do with the players you have.