468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

What exactly has MON done wrong

apart from telling the world the player wants to join the team we're tryin to get as much money out of as possible? or telling everyone that hes not going to sign a new contract, meaning that this summer is the last one where we'll get reasonably big money for him? or telling everyone that we're deseperate for citys money to sign new players? or giving city the green light to sit on their hands for as long as they like and leave us with an unhappy player who the manager has publically fallen out with in our pre season squad, while disrupting our plans to sign anyone by leaving any increased offer til the last minute?

apart from all that?

How is that any different to the situation with liverpool and barry and how did making it public that barry could go for the right place allow liverpool to then get him on the cheap?

I'd love to know.

coz last time barry ran to the media and we crucified him for it, this time it was o'neill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mancini coming out and saying he was still interested in Milner was an indication to MON that Milner's agent had let City know he was up for the move so we have acted accordingly.

Also given that MON has in the past sued for being mis represented in the media I highly doubt he would make a comment with out something to back it up.

Just my 2 cents

mind you, if you do that you can make excuses for them being sh1t by claiming that they never had a full preseason...

Which players has he said this about?

And you honestly believe MON signs players late so he can have an excuse ready? And people seriously tell me that no one has an axe to grind with the manager on here :lol::lol:

no - but i dont believe he helps himself by leaving everything he does so late

anyway, thats unlike you to selectively quote someone and then criticise other posters... i was talking about mon, why are you talking about me?

Well if you're going to post shit and then admit you don't really think it don't be surprised if someone picks up on it.

coz last time barry ran to the media and we crucified him for it, this time it was o'neill

Barry spoke out to try and force villa to sell him to liverpool for a lower fee. You think thats the same as what MON is doing?

You think Barry had villa's best interests in mind when he gave his interview?

Pretty pointless discussion if you think those two things are the same.

So basically the club lied to us after the meeting because it doesnt appear it was positive at all.

but also said he would consider staying on with Villa with a raise.

I didnt realise he had said that??

Obviously it's my speculation as to what may have been said! I wasn't in on the meeting and no one here on the board was actually sitting in on the meeting. The main point of what I wrote is that you feel the club lied about the meeting and I feel that the information that the club released after the meeting calling the meeting positive did not have to constitute a lie. Lie would mean the club deliberately said something to mislead the public. There are scenarios underwhich the club could have viewed that exchange as positive. They didn't say 'hopeful'. Positive does not suggest all is well in my opinion. To me positve from the club point of view means it may work out in a way that the club hopes. Looks like that's not the case.

People are forgetting that since the meeting Milner's agent has told the club that he will not be signing a new contract, that's what kicked the whole thing off and why MON threw the player rightfully under the bus.

Where was this stated?

Barry spoke out to try and force villa to sell him to liverpool for a lower fee. You think thats the same as what MON is doing?

So how can you be so sure Mon isn't trying to force the sale through himself....jockeying for the best price.

If I had of bought some of the dross he has, I would be pretty interested in raising some doe to get me out of the mess....because RL has made it clear- sort it out yourself.

In my view.... James Milner is Mons get out of jail card.

People are forgetting that since the meeting Milner's agent has told the club that he will not be signing a new contract, that's what kicked the whole thing off and why MON threw the player rightfully under the bus.

Trouble is the bus can't move.....there is too many players under it.

So how can you be so sure Mon isn't trying to force the sale through himself....jockeying for the best price.

If I had of bought some of the dross he has, I would be pretty interested in raising some doe to get me out of the mess....because RL has made it clear- sort it out yourself.

In my view.... James Milner is Mons get out of jail card.

I've said it on another page, there is just no common sense behind thinking MON is trying to force milner out.

1) It would piss off most of the fans to know that such a good player was being forced out

2) It would piss off other players at the club to know that the manager and owner are happy to push out one of the best players, why would any ambitious players want to play for a club like this?

3) Why would randy allow this to happen and threaten the success of his investment?

What good can come out of MON forcing a player who doesn't want to leave out of the club?

He is being used as a pawn in Mon's power games imo.

My god some are so desperate for this to be true so they can justify abusing the manager they can't think straight.

Why on earth would randy allow this to happen and at the same time allow other important first team players to be pissed off and threaten his investment?

Why would MON risk his job and his reputation by forcing one of the clubs best players and most popular players to leave?

Why would MON risk ruining the things he's built at villa by doing this? Do you not think if milner wanted to stay and was being pushed out of the club that other first team players would not be pissed off? Who on earth wants to play for a club or for a manager that would push out such a promising player?

Its absolute nonsense to believe that Jame Milner wants to stay and has to leave as he has no other choice now that MON has forced him to leave the club.

Do you not think that there has been a power game going on behind the scenes at Villa since January? I'm not saying there's a rift between Randy and Mon, but it seems reasonably clear that RL is unhappy with having to pay big wages to good footballers who hardly ever get the chance to kick a competitive ball for Villa. Mon has been told to sell these players in order to bring the wage bill down. It is only my opinion, but Mon has not taken kindly to being told what to do and with having restrictions placed upon him.

His reluctant and almost sarcastic reference to "sell to buy" two days ago in the interview when he talked about Milner, indicated to me that he is trying to circumvent Randy's instructions by selling JM to fund his purchases before he gets his unwanted players off the books. If there isn't a power game being played, there is at least a conflict of wills going on behind the scenes imo.

By the way, I am a great fan of Mons inspirational abilities when he is focussing positively, but I could happily kick him up the arse when he plays his Mongames.

I think Mancini coming out and saying he was still interested in Milner was an indication to MON that Milner's agent had let City know he was up for the move so we have acted accordingly.

Also given that MON has in the past sued for being mis represented in the media I highly doubt he would make a comment with out something to back it up.

Just my 2 cents

I'd be shocked if that wasn't already the case. With the rumours flying around, I'd be surprised if Milner's agent hadn't already told City what terms they expect, etc. Especially as we continue to be linked with other midfielders.

If Milner wants to leave then we need to take the £24m if that is what they are offering. It is no point holding out for more because, if they choose to bail out and look for someone else, we are going to be left with a player who is going to be wishing he was playing elsewhere. Not only that, we will probably end up selling him for half the price after a poor season.

Do you not think that there has been a power game going on behind the scenes at Villa since January? I'm not saying there's a rift between Randy and Mon, but it seems reasonably clear that RL is unhappy with having to pay big wages to good footballers who hardly ever get the chance to kick a competitive ball for Villa. Mon has been told to sell these players in order to bring the wage bill down. It is only my opinion, but Mon has not taken kindly to being told what to do and with having restrictions placed upon him.

His reluctant and almost sarcastic reference to "sell to buy" two days ago in the interview when he talked about Milner, indicated to me that he is trying to circumvent Randy's instructions by selling JM to fund his purchases before he gets his unwanted players off the books. If there isn't a power game being played, there is at least a conflict of wills going on behind the scenes imo.

This just sounds like some random conspiracy theory though.

The facts are milner could have made it clear but he chose not to. Man city have made it clear that they want milner, MON has said milner wants to leave. Why has milner kept quiet if he wants to stay and is being pushed out?

if milner DID say to mon that he was interested in going BEFORE the world cup - as mon has claimed, then the club should have put a new contract on the table and made it public knowledge. if milner signed it then we were covered in the event of him having a blinding world cup and it would have put his price up if city still wanted him. if he refused to sign it then the club comes out smelling of roses and milner is a greedy judas turncoat...

but instead, we do nothing. mon publicly says he hasnt spoken to the player in over a month and aston villa appear to be a pawn in someone elses game again.

take the bull by the fookin horns martin and try being a bit proactive!!!

I get the impression that we don't want to be bullied into handing out new contracts. Just because another club wants a player it doesn't mean we should start dishing out loads of money to desperately keep them, MON only wants players dedicated to the club.

Please stop the giant quotes.

I've said it on another page, there is just no common sense behind thinking MON is trying to force milner out.

1) It would piss off most of the fans to know that such a good player was being forced out

2) It would piss off other players at the club to know that the manager and owner are happy to push out one of the best players, why would any ambitious players want to play for a club like this?

3) Why would randy allow this to happen and threaten the success of his investment?

What good can come out of MON forcing a player who doesn't want to leave out of the club?

but he does want to leave and in my humble opinion has always had one eye on doing so.....despite the villa park adulation.

I'm refering to Martin wanting to force it through, after he is certain Milner wants to go.

you know a little bit like on here where folk get positive with the inevitable.

you wait and see how many milner fans now turn and declare hime the biggest shit under the sun after a few weeks ago wanting his babies.

Milner wants out and i dont blame him, he will win things at Man City eventually and he will earn at least 33% more than he is being offered at VP. Im not really angry about the situation just at the same stage i wan't angry about Barry wanting to go to Liverplop, it was the shitty newspaper interview to force the move threw and and we would lose money on what we thought his value was that pissed me off.