What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

MON has also said that we won't sell unless man city meet our valuation, thats hardly the comments of a desperate man.

Do you think city will get milner on the cheap because of these comments?

They will get him cheaper than was originally indicated if they still want him, because of Mons comments two days ago. That was a give me the money plea if ever I've heard one (even if it's far less than we thought we might get).

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON has also said that we won't sell unless man city meet our valuation, thats hardly the comments of a desperate man.

They will get him cheaper than was originally indicated if they still want him, because of Mons comments two days ago. That was a give me the money plea if ever I've heard one (even if it's far less than we thought we might get).

He said the same about barry and liverpool didn't get him for cheaper than our valuation.

He said the same about barry and liverpool didn't get him for cheaper than our valuation.

that is true, however we sold barry for a lot less 12 months later - because his contract was close to expiring... which is identical to what will happen next summer if we dont sell milner now.

Liverpool couldn't afford him even at sale price!

I actually think Ireland will shine here, and I think it could be another absolute steal by MON if he does get him. What other manager in the prem would you back to get Ireland's head right than MON?

any of them.

what has mon ever done to get an off-the-rails player back on to the straight and narrow? if he had turned joey barton into a jehovahs witness i could understand where you are coming from but i am struggling to see why mon would be particularly THE man to sort irelands head out.

fergy - yes, wenger - definately, hell john gregory managed to get merson to play arguably the best football of his career but mon? he just signs model pros and gets them playing 6.5/10, "effort" football.

I actually think Ireland will shine here, and I think it could be another absolute steal by MON if he does get him. What other manager in the prem would you back to get Ireland's head right than MON?

any of them.

what has mon ever done to get an off-the-rails player back on to the straight and narrow? if he had turned joey barton into a jehovahs witness i could understand where you are coming from but i am struggling to see why mon would be particularly THE man to sort irelands head out.

fergy - yes, wenger - definately, hell john gregory managed to get merson to play arguably the best football of his career but mon? he just signs model pros and gets them playing 6.5/10, "effort" football.

He got Collymore playing pretty well at Leicester!

any of them.

indeed - he got eleven games out of him, which allowed him to turn his career around in such an unbelievable manner that when he was given a free transfer he was able to go on and play seven games for bradford!!!

any of them.

indeed - he got eleven games out of him, which allowed him to turn his career around in such an unbelievable manner that when he was given a free transfer he was able to go on and play seven games for bradford!!!

Think you will find he was really good for leicester before breaking his leg. I remember a stunning hat-trick v Sunderland. Martin O'Neill moved on while he was injured.

Analysing the events will not change the facts. I don't feel misled, I'm just angered it's taking so damn long to get sorted. Our entire summer spend is dependent on another club, it's pathetic. I thought we were bigger than this, very disappointing.

I agree and what is more for O'Neill to come out and tell the world this was stupid and self harming.

Best case is we hold on to Milner but we don't improve at all this summer which could easily leave the likes of Ashley Young doubting the ambition of the club and wanting to move himself.

Worst case though Man City take the attitude of 'well they need to sell' so this is our offer take or leave it. It will be on the table to the end of the window its up to you.

Because they may want Milner but they don't need him, if they don't get him they will get someone else or manage with what they have. The pressure is all on us and O'Neill's comments the other day have increased that pressure.

I've always been told what a smart guy O'Neill is but his comments on Milner seem nothing but stupid to me. They do nothing to help Aston Villa and only serve to weaken our position regardless of the out come with Milner.

Why couldn't he simply say something like "There has been interests and we've rejected a bid so he remains a Villa player and part of our plans. Unless the situtation changes we will continue to try and build and strengthen our team and unless Man City meet our valuation James Milner will be a part of that"

Why couldn't have said that? Ultimately the meaning is the same but the message is very very different.

MON has always came across as a guy that is straight to the point. He didn't and refused to let this matter drag on. Ultimately because we now need the sale of Milner to bring in other people.

Milner has made it look as if he'd be signing a new contract. He gave fans hope that would be the case. The fact of the matter is he has never had any intention on doing that and was looking to jump ship at the earliest opportunity. MON Has every right to come out and tell the fans, the people who have been waiting about on JM, the actual truth of what is going on.

That isn't stupid. That is honesty. I appreciate it and fully expect it from MON.

Equally, the club has intimated that several other players are for sale at the right price. So, even if the club has to sell to buy, I don't think the entire transfer strategy is solely reliant on the future of James Milner.

Quite right however other than a possible offer for Sidwell (depending on Fulham's new manager) at this stage the offer for Milner appears to be the only offer on the table for any of our players. Obviously there may be offers for other players we aren't aware of but at this moment it appears that while not our strategy the future of Milner is closely linked to our ability in the market.

Combine that with the General's comment that the club is more focussed on reducing the wage bill and that money is available for MON to spend regardless of transfer revenue and I would say that you're misreading the situation.

Perhaps, perhaps not. No matter who is right regarding the future of Milner to our transfer activity the comments made by O'Neill were in my view very ill advised and potentially damaging to our position.

I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for Milly in any of this.

MON was entitled to do what he did, if that is the true and accurate version of events, which i believe it to be.

It is quite clear he wants to go, and MON has just confirmed that. Nothing more. At least the fans know the situation now, however much Milly didn't want us to

Exactly, it is what MM hinted at a few weeks back. Milner is now trying to cover himself in my opinion.

I'd like to add that we owe no favours to Man City, especially after they mucked us about with the Richard Dunne transfer last summer.

:!: