PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petrovs been non existent, as per.

Really? I thought he'd had a very decent first half, he's been solid in the middle and protected the back four and he's got forward and had three or four efforts on goal - a good half for me.

Agree, Petrov has done well.

Generally, we're not looking like top 4 material tonight, though, are we?

We never do.

All our wins never seem to be easy. Infact I think we've only won 3 times comfortably this season, Hull, Burnley (even that was 1-1 at HT) and Bolton at home.

So far.

Friedel - vital saves

Warnock - very good

Dunne - good

Collins - good

Cuellar - Hmmm

Petrov - very good

Milner - okay, wasteful to be honest

Young - not involved

Downing - decent.

Gabby - lively but has seem to quieten down and stopped a little to be fair.

Carew - woeful.

Now my assessment:

Friedel - made some decent saves, doing what is expected.

Warnock - average

Dunne - good

Collins - good

Cuellar - poor

Petrov - average

Milner - poor

Young - poor

Downing - ok

Gabby - average but good finish.

On the whole pretty crap.

Hull_City, what did you make of the half?

im only listening to it as im at work and they dont allow video's but we sounded awful for 25mins, fagan and mcshane need to cool it, they always are too hot headed for my liking and always look like getting sent off.

couldnt believe we missed the chances in front of goal. need to go 4-4-2 to try and get something

Bang on mate, Fagan's a loose cannon in this mood and he's not doing his fellow players any favours whatsoever, he needs to focus and we need to give him a good rap across the ankles, yes please Mr Dunne.

Petrovs real value for he is that he can still change direction with the ball under his feet very quickly, and rarely gets caught in possession, most of his passes are horizontal, out wide to either cuellar, downing, warnock or young.

I think he is simply an 'initiator'. he starts things off which more often than not gets over looked.

By the look of O'Neill I think they will get one
Ha ha, yes, he was jumping about like a piece of popcorn.

:lol:

Nice simile.

Nice Smilie

I win the internet.

Petrovs real value for he is that he can still change direction with the ball under his feet very quickly, and rarely gets caught in possession, most of his passes are horizontal, out wide to either cuellar, downing, warnock or young.

I think he is simply an 'initiator'. he starts things off which more often than not gets over looked.

I just said i think petrovs been poor tonight. Maybe you disagree, whatever, I do actually rate the guy as a player. Aint a bad one. Would love to see him replaced by a younger and fitter version of him in the summer.

carews been shit. The guy is just woeful 4/5 games.

SO, for this half. Get it down, pass it around, hurt Fagan many times, we score, Fagan gets even more frustrated and tries it with our hard boys at the back, hurts himself in the process and gets sent off interspersed with us scoring multiple times. That'll do, pig, that'll do.