PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great spectacle.

And what a horrible team Hull are, that clearing in the woods Fagan especially.

I'd agree with giving Delfouneso some more time here but I'd give Carew another 15 to see what he can do, if he can be arsed at all.

My points:

- Why do we always score and then become shit!

- Why do we continue to play a CB at right back who has no pace, can't pass and keeps giving the ball away

- Why does Petrov always insist on slowing down play, Even when we are at the goal mouth 3 on 2!!!!! ( We should have had at least one more goal)

Does anyone else see how many times Cuellar could have caused us to ship goals?

Petrovs been non existent, as per.

Really? I thought he'd had a very decent first half, he's been solid in the middle and protected the back four and he's got forward and had three or four efforts on goal - a good half for me.

Agree, Petrov has done well.

Generally, we're not looking like top 4 material tonight, though, are we?

We never do.

All our wins never seem to be easy. Infact I think we've only won 3 times comfortably this season, Hull, Burnley (even that was 1-1 at HT) and Bolton at home.

So far.

Friedel - vital saves

Warnock - very good

Dunne - good

Collins - good

Cuellar - Hmmm

Petrov - very good

Milner - okay, wasteful to be honest

Young - not involved

Downing - decent.

Gabby - lively but has seem to quieten down and stopped a little to be fair.

Carew - woeful.

My points:

- Why do we always score and then become shit!

- Why do we continue to play a CB at right back who has no pace, can't pass and keeps giving the ball away

- Why does Petrov always insist on slowing down play, Even when we are at the goal mouth 3 on 2!!!!! ( We should have had at least one more goal)

Does anyone else see how many times Cuellar could have caused us to ship goals?

I think most would agree that Cuellars a shit RB. What was he doing running across the pitch like that and almost giving a goal away?

Interesting half - we were very lucky not to concede and I'm glad we didn't. Cuellar and Dunne got a massive let-off there. We need to slow it down and retain possession here - we're well placed to go into the 2nd half but we need a 2nd goal to kill them off. Collins, Gabby and Downing are all standing out for me so far.

Downing??? This is tonight's game you are talking about ye?

quite a few of our best players are below par and we are still 1 up. milner, downing, ash, carew all need to get in the game more and stop giving it away so easily.

best example when ash gave it away in the last minute- he has the ball- plenty of villa players behind him, easy pass keep the ball. but no, he tries to go across the pitch and squeeze it past a hull player who intercepts it. this has happened too many times- trying ridiculously ambitious passes instead of keeping possession.

i am also not too happy with ash and downing hugging the touchline all the time- it limits us and hull can close us down easier. it also means stan and milner have to do more work and hull have too much room in the middle.

i dont get why they dont play a bit further inside. this means they have the option to either get wide or come inside even more. we look miles better whenever this happens with ash, downing and milner all moving around. allows us to mix it up a little in terms of style of play

Ref needs to get hold of this game, lots of afters, think as the game goes on the tackles could become even more reckless, the sooner we get another and kill them of the better.

Downing absent again.

Carew needs to put more effort in.

IMO, we are doing OK against a side that have decided that the physical side of the game is preferential to trying to play football.

Gabby with a very sweet goal, he needs another tonight, that will do nicely.