The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Jinder Mahal as champ as been a complete failure, they need to put the title on Corbin asap

On he admittedly few times I've seen him as champ he's seemed to draw pretty good heat.

Corbin has just never done it for me.  Owens would have been gold walking around with the briefcase.

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

On he admittedly few times I've seen him as champ he's seemed to draw pretty good heat.

Corbin has just never done it for me.  Owens would have been gold walking around with the briefcase.

I would have preferred styles 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Literally because he's a 'foreigner'.

You put anyone who isn't American in that position and they will draw heat.

15 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Literally because he's a 'foreigner'.

You put anyone who isn't American in that position and they will draw heat.

At least somebody is getting booed who should be.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I would have preferred styles 

Styles is probably my favourite on the roster but I just think Owens obnoxious attitude inflated by the briefcase would be great. 

He'd be the kind I'd like to hold it for ages with a number of teased and failed cash ins before ultimately winning the title.

Styles is probably my favourite on the roster but I just think Owens obnoxious attitude inflated by the briefcase would be great. 

He'd be the kind I'd like to hold it for ages with a number of teased and failed cash ins before ultimately winning the title.

I really enjoyed the long spell when Styles and Owens were world champs.  Then they ended up tearing that up to shoehorn in a load of matches for WrestleMania and it's been shit since then with so many title changes and Goldberg and Lesnar being part time champs.  Actually Jinder Mahal is one of the few entertaining things, as I've said before the foreigner gimmick shouldn't really work but it does with him.

I'm pretty sure that Jinder is the only WWE champ to have successfully defended his title this year. Also pretty sure that neither of the 3 universal champs have successfully defended this year as well - could be wrong about that. 

Not including dark matches; Wyatt defended the Heavyweight title in a triple threat versus AJ and Cena on the Smackdown after Elimination Chamber, and Owens defended the Universal title against Reigns at the Royal Rumble, and had a DQ win against Strowman with the strap on the line the night after. 

So yeah, 4 'official' matches, including Mahal's win over Orton at Money in the Bank. 

For a brand like WWE, it's simply not good enough. If you're curious, by way of comparison, the Impact World Heavyweight title has been defended 9 times (over 3 champions), the ROH World title has been defended 11 times (over 4 champions) and the IWGP Heavyweight title 7 times (1 champion) since the start of the year. 

In NJPW news, Omega won the IWGP United States title in a 5 star match against Ishii in LA. Pretty unsurprising result, but the dude deserves to have gold round his waist again. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 13:43, Demitri_C said:

Jinder Mahal as champ as been a complete failure, they need to put the title on Corbin asap

Think he's done well for someone who was a jobber before.  End of the day he is bringing in loads of cash monies for the WWE so this literally is "whats best for business"

Mahal v Rusev, Mahal v Corbin, Mahal v Cena would be good matches.

Would like AJ back as champ but its only right he takes a little step back now, let others take the limelight, then later build up for a huge AJ v Nakamura match to headline Wrestlemania possibly.

35 minutes ago, supermon said:

Would like AJ back as champ but its only right he takes a little step back now, let others take the limelight, then later build up for a huge AJ v Nakamura match to headline Wrestlemania possibly.

Yep I agree with this, these two should be headlining wrestlemania in my view

If I was booking WM next year I would have the card looking like

AJ vs Nakamura (belt)

Strowman vs Finn Balor vs Samoa Joe vs Seth Rollins (belt)

Cena vs Reigns

Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt

Owens vs Tye Dillinger 

That for me would have Nakamura winning the rumble, but I would do something different and have Nakamura and Balor both eliminating each other therefore having a cross over fight to decide who gets title shot at WM.  

Edited by Demitri_C

Â