• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (63)
    • Delfouneso (63)
    • Beye (71)

I may be coming back from the a night out and full of booze (I'm in Australia), so please forgive me for any nonsensical comments in the match thread, but I don't think I've ever seen Villa concede six, let alone seven goals in a game. I'm distraught by the nature of that hiding and it almost proves the negative people on here correct. I never imagined that that could happen to our team. I feel like crying.

We've ran out of steam again and hit a brick wall. This is very similar to the Liverpool game last season. We've been solid in defence all season so to concede 7 is a real shock.

We must beat Bolton now to get ourselves up for the Chelsea game, because if we don't we can kiss goodbye to any hope of winning the FA Cup.

Chelsea were awesome and it's a shame we were at the Bridge today and not Spurs.

Going to be a hard weekend!

People will talk a lot of shit about this and we all be very angry.

Good first half, second half fell apart, defence best described with laughter. The loss was expected, to lose by that much I don't think you can predict really. Everything Chelsea touched going forwards in that second half turned to goal.

Not a lot else you can say really. Onto the next one.

Everyone has seen this coming except MON. He is too stubborn to manage at the very top IMO. I think it will be time for a change in the summer. I would love to see us get David Moyes, but can't really see him leaving Everton for us. Wonder if Celtic want MON back ;)

I'm not sure what to say to that game. I really can't just write it off as 'one of those results'.

Defensively, we were dreadful.

A team doesn't ship 7 goals, even against a side like Chelski, unless they've not played well.

I'm off to have a good cry and bemoan the fact that I have no alcohol to help drown those sorrows.

Shocking. I'd like to say it's a one off but I feel it's been coming. Hopefully it's a wake-up call, to the board as much as anything. I think the cup runs are papering over a lot of cracks.

I won't be voting for a MOTM for the simple reason that there can't be one when you've lost like this.

A tad unlucky, I thought we might nick it at the end but it wasn't to be.

Agreed, it's as if people expected us to keep it below 7. Talk about high expectations.

We've gone to the Bridge, we've only conceded 7 and yet some people still can't see the positives. Disgraceful.

To be fair, it got to the stage of funny which was at least a positive. Lose 2-1, your annoyed you didn't get something, 7-1 is just :lol:

Not a lot to say really.

I did, however, think Sidwell was our best player today. But being the winner of the day's "Tallest Dwarf" competition isn't a huge honour.

Friedel looked like he couldn't be arsed any more by the end. Luke Young looked knackered after 20 minutes and his concentration went from that point. Warnock was below average. Collins and Dunne were clumsy in the extreme.

Ashley Young put in one good cross for the goal. Apart from that, didn't really offer much. James Milner had the first touch of a rapist all day. Petrov was a rabbit in the headlights. Sidwell put himself about well and, like I said, was our tallest dwarf today. Gabby ran about a bit but looked heavy.

John Carew got a nice goal and tried his best to do the lone striker job, but Chelsea's centre backs enjoyed nicking the ball off him whenever he tried to hold it up.

One of two things will happen now. The team will feel sorry for themselves, blame as many external factors as they possibly can, curl up and die. Or else they will look at themselves in a realistic and critical light and seek redemption in the remaining games.

I hope they choose the latter.

Watched online but got cut off before 3rd and 4th goals.

Friedel - 6 - Couldnt really do much

Defence - individually everyone on a 6. As a unit....2 what the hell has happened recently?

Midfield - Not enough possession 2nd half and were completely overshadowed.

Sidwell - 7 (motm) - First half was quality tackled everyone, composed passing and looked to join the attack. Second half, didnt know what to do with change of formation.

Petrov. 5 - Anonymous

Milner - 6 - Kicked out of the game early on. Never really showed his ability.

A Young - 6 -Started brightly, but faded and didnt get enough of the ball

Gabby - 5 - First half caused some problems with pace, didnt get into the game though.

Carew. -5 - Took goal well again but sweet fa for the rest of time he was on. Didnt hold the ball up.

Subs

Delboy - 7 - Played well and looked lively, didnt get the ball enough.

Downing - 4 - Was he on the pitch

Beye 4 - See downing

At upto 3 - 1 hadnt played badly, but once Chelsea got the fourth, heads dropped and that the end of it. Chelsea's quality told.

No team, no matter who they are playing, should lose like that, in the manner that we did, after so much money has been spent on assembling it.

A result which shows exactly how far away we are from the Champions League, how tactically naive our team can be at times, and how once again we have self destructed and ruined our season.

No doubt the insults will come soon thrown by the usual people as it usually does when someone dares predict we'd get a hammering, or criticise O'Neill, but even they - even the manager - will now (or should now) realise that once again we leave March trying to scrape something together of our season. Not good enough.

I really have no words, this is not good for the team. MON takes everything to heart and I find it hard to see us recovering from this loss now, a win next week would help lift us before the cup final but it is not looking hopeful.