• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (63)
    • Delfouneso (63)
    • Beye (71)

We didn't even play that bad the first half and probably should have gone in level

Second have we just capitulated I don't really know what happened but as soon as the third went in you could just tell the players knew it was not their day and that it was going to be a rout. Didn't expect 7 though based on first half, expected game to finish about 4-1 or 4-2.

I don't even win 7-1 on fifa

\Even more than 24 hours later, complete fecking disgrace

Was you at the Bridge mate????

Does that mean if I had gone I wouldn't think it was a fecking disgrace ?

I mean even the manager has said as much, mind you as he went I guess that means he didn't see what you did.

Whether people went to the match or not I'm afraid when you capitualte and lose a game 7-1 it is a disgrace

I thought it would be interesting to see the stats, As i honestly thought Chelsea must have pummeled our goal with shots etc but they had 13 shots in total with 7 going in now that is some purple patch they had. Personally i see it as a freak result and our boys will bounce back.

I thought it would be interesting to see the stats, As i honestly thought Chelsea must have pummeled our goal with shots etc but they had 13 shots in total with 7 going in now that is some purple patch they had. Personally i see it as a freak result and our boys will bounce back.

Yeah I thought the same, they had 9 on target if I recall correctly. So they must have been fairly clinical with their finishing.

I didn't bother watching MotD, for some reason I didn't feel compelled to. So I can't really comment on the game, other than to say the result made me feel very ashamed.

We need to bounce back from this, and use this as motivation for the rest of the season. If not, then I fear another disappointing ending to the season.

I mean even the manager has said as much, mind you as he went I guess that means he didn't see what you did.

Whether people went to the match or not I'm afraid when you capitualte and lose a game 7-1 it is a disgrace

Sack the manager and bring in a new one then?

Fact is all the clubs that have had some degree of success have managerial stability.

yes the result is a disgrace, but nobody expected a top 4 finish this season realistically. You crave instant success it seems - I am happy with the manager and happy to carry on the way he has been slowly building season on season.

Just to say, I was at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Was a horrendous second half, Chelsea edged it first half, only just mind, Villa were on top until the first goal, that was a bad one to concede.

The players were half a yard behind Chelsea in the second half, and heads dropped when it went to 3-1, and definitely 4-1.

Delfounso had a good run in the second half, but otherwise he couldn't do much. Milner, Agbonlahor and Dunne were DEFINITELY not fit. Agbonlahor went down injured second half and carried on for a few minutes before being subbed.

O'Neill as you will have seen was fuming after the game.

Rather than get on the team's backs, I hope we can all try and forget about it, and move on. In that sense, I hope the players can too, starting with Bolton on Saturday.

Sack the manager and bring in a new one then?

Fact is all the clubs that have had some degree of success have managerial stability.

yes the result is a disgrace, but nobody expected a top 4 finish this season realistically. You crave instant success it seems - I am happy with the manager and happy to carry on the way he has been slowly building season on season.

Funny but in my book saying the result is a fecking disgrace does not mean sack the manager and start again. Does saying the result was a disgrace mean that you want the manager sacked then?

For me villa just were wank second half, some players did not look fit and imo should not have been playing, i just hope that its a sharp wake up call to m.o.n that our squad simply isnt big enough to compete for top 4 yet.

Several new players needed in summer or we will fall miserably behind spurs n city and probably Everton too as they would have been up there had the start of their season been so poor.

Heskey is just utter crap you want a striker to score you goals n he simply doesnt, n what he does for england he certainly doesnt do for us. Only winning the FA cup can turn our season into something decent otherwise its the same old villa over last 3 years not really improving! Randy get the reddies out!!!!

I think you can overstate the tiredness/fitness issue. there is nothing likely to make you lose energy and motivation more than seeing goals fizzing into the net every few minutes, so it's no wonder they lost energy.

For me, the main problem was the defence, from the word go. The first goal was a disgrace - who was supposed to be marking Lampard? And the 2nd & 3rd weren't much better displays by our supposedly excellent defence.

The match was over by then, really, and the capitulation that followed just added to the misery.

Both full backs in particular were abysmal im my view.