• Milner
    • Pterov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Dunne 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 77)

Embarrassing.

Not the performance, the fans.

I think you'll find the performance was very very embarressing too.

It was hardly an embarrassing performance. We drew ffs not lost. Are you embarrassed to talk about the match to anybody because it was so embarrassing?

I agree.

Now if we'd been ahead for most of the game and only drew because we let in a late goal then I'd be embarrassed. What I'm saying is that if the roles had been swapped round today I'd be pretty pissed off right now.

Fact is we fought back from 2-1 down and managed to salvage a point from a hardworking Wolves side.

Not really good enough though, is it?

You may be happy to settle for average performances like today, but its not going to get us into the top four anytime soon.

i think he meant the fans were, fact we were singing for delf to come on, loudest chant of the day (apart from the goals). Also cheering rather loudly when players warmed up to take the piss/make a point, the booing (FFS WHY BOO)

Agreed. The ironic cheers when players warmed up was embarassing. Some fans just love to complain.

You may be happy to settle for average performances like today, but its not going to get us into the top four anytime soon.

I don't think complaining and whinging like little kids is going to get us into the top 4 either really. Nout wrong with being disappointed in performance, but the way some people go OTT is laughable.

Embarrassing.

It was hardly an embarrassing performance. We drew ffs not lost. Are you embarrassed to talk about the match to anybody because it was so embarrassing?

I agree.

Now if we'd been ahead for most of the game and only drew because we let in a late goal then I'd be embarrassed. What I'm saying is that if the roles had been swapped round today I'd be pretty pissed off right now.

Fact is we fought back from 2-1 down and managed to salvage a point from a hardworking Wolves side.

No, it's not good enough, but it's not like Spurs, Liverpool or City are always "good enough" either.

I'm not happy to settle for the performance but I am happy to settle for what we got consider how we almost lost it.

Extremely frustrating, but I'm not going to be jumping on the "our CL hopes are over now".

There's still a very long way to go, and this was just an example of the twists and turns that will take place during the run in. Not just for us, it'll happen for Spurs, Liverpool and City too.

Best not to dwell on the game. Onwards and upwards for Sunderland on Wednesday.

well it was a physical battle. doyle was only small but he mix's it with our heavy weight centre halves brilliantly.

it was too physical a game for pussy's like stuart downing, i was glad when he went off maybe sidwell should of started.

we let in stupid soft goals. at 1-0 i thought we were gonna get 10.

it's frustrating game. but derbys can end up like this.

I don't think complaining and whinging like little kids is going to get us into the top 4 either really. Nout wrong with being disappointed in performance, but the way some people go OTT is laughable.

Can't we voice an opinion? Or is it because your scared because the press is going to pick it up the wrong way just like they did when Gabby got subbed last season.

We were shite today, why don't you just admit it? The team we were playing was the away team and in a relegation battle, not the other way round!

I don't think i'm going over the top though, I'm just not willing to accept middle of the road performances like todays, against Wolves, in our own back yard, aswell as O'Neills stubborn selection policy.

I want us to be successful as much as the next person but this is becoming all too familiar, as it happened last year. When we need a big performance and have the opportunity to push on, we bottle it.

It was a fair result and fair play to Wolves they were a better side than I had them down has, particularly in the first half.

We were flat throughout I think and we've developed a worrying tendency to look weak defending set pieces.

I thought Young shone as easily our best player on the day, on this form he should be in the frame for the world cup squad.

Carew showed he knows where the goal is, he's confident at the moment.

Carew and Heskey doesn't work, two target men gives us plenty of presence but no penetration. Delfouneso should have started, lord alone know why he didn't come off the bench.

The manager is stubborn, maddening, occasionally idiotic and for the most part brilliant; I think he's fantastic and would like to kick him up the arse.

Downing was poor I felt and Milner not quite at the level he was at a month ago. Petrov did his job and Warnock was okay.

Dunne suddenly looks uncertain defending crosses which is almost absurd considering the way he's played for much of the season.

I don't necessarily think tactics or substitutions cost us the game, I think they wanted it more, but I think we could have been better.

It's disappointing and it's a god sized setback, I think we'll have to beat either Chelsea or Man City now if we're to get fourth spot, although perhaps that's as it should be.

I'm disappointed, I'm sure the players are too, we'll need to get it right against a resurgent Sunderland on Wednesday.

MON really pissed me off today! Subs must wonder what the hell they have to do to get a game! Heskey is shite! simple as that, everyone can see it except MON!

Cuellier was tosh and should have been taken off and the same goes for Downing.

That ref had no control of the game!

Chant asking for Fonz only made MON more stubbon but loved it!

Well I was very disappointed. In the first 20 it looked like we would rip them apart then some rubbish defending and they are going in at the break a goal up.

Young was great, Carew played with some fir in his belly, but there were too many players phoning it in today.

Unfortunately for Albrighton I would say it might be a while before he gets another run in the first team.

Embarrassing.

Yes I am. Watched it in the pub and everyone else said Villa bottled it! ONCE AGAIN! Things never change!

You'd probably be suicidal then if you were a pompey fan

This is nothing like Stoke. The only things that are similar to the stoke game is the actual result and the fans getting on the backs of the players.

I don't think the fans did get on the backs of the players, they got on to the manager a fair bit for substitutions, but there was very little aimed at individual players that I could hear.

I'm not sure we'll have heard the last of the cheers for the subs warming up and the "We want Delfouneso on" chant, the manager isn't one for letting things like that go.

Really disapointing performance after the first twenty minutes or so. Carew deserves paludits for his goals, but really only Ashley Young can be pleased with his performance today. O'Neill's substitutions are baffling and it would be great to know why he makes such bizarre choices. Heskey is just appalling for a Premier League and International striker, why bother putting Nathan on the bench if you are not going to give him a go even when we are behind??? So frustrating.

I don't think i'm going over the top though

All I'm going to say is that you feel I don't voice my opinion or admit when we play badly because you feel the press will pick it up. :lol:

Yes, I feel you are going OTT and acting like a spoiled United fan.

(This despite me saying I felt we were poor today, but y'know, some like to ignore facts.)

MON's mentality is awful, as soon as we went one goal ahead we sat back (yet again) and let them come back into it when we should have teared them asunder and gone on to score more, but no, lets hold on to a 1-0 lead against a shower of shit. Then even at 2-2 it was Wolves who looked most like winning it, it drives me **** crazy as the bloke is so negative and it is costing us points where we should be winning comfortably, Wolves couldn't live with us to start with, then we scored and they looked the better side apart from about 20 minutes in the 2nd half where we managed to find an equalizer...Don't get me started on the subs, again these decisions are costing us points and are so, so negative you would feel that we were the relagation threatened side, MON has a "no lose" attitude to match Graham Taylor's, as long as we aren't losing then nothing is going change, Cuellar and Heskey should have been off at HT for Luke Young and Delfouneso (who must wonder wtf they have to do to get a look-in) and yet another pointless introduction of Sidwell, as it happened, they had a hand in our 2nd goal but they will not have that effect week after week! It's driving me mad as we have some exciting, fast, young players in that squad and we are not utilizing them correctly. We will not achieve anything with this way of playing, 4th place is out of our reach now and we are not going to beat Chelsea in the semi. Spurs deserve to be in 4th because their mentality rather than "don't lose" is "if you score 3, we'll score 5".

We are experts at making shite teams look good and I am sick of it, I have lost all faith in MON and I do not believe, with his stubbornness and way of playing, that he is the right man to take us onwards...

first 15-20 mins we were playing good stuff, all over them, scored, i thought we will roll these about 3 to 4 nil....

then we just stopped altogether. **** abysmal for 30 mins at the end of the first half, and most of the second half wasnt much better

2 points dropped, only carew and a.young come out with any credit, why we dont get the ball out to young more i will never know, he was in acres a few times

MON needs to stop being a stubborn bastard as well - how delfonuso never got on i will never know, i think he is cutting his nose off to spite his face.

IMO he has got the hump as the fans wanted him on in place of his love child