• A Young
    • Milner
    • Pterov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Dunne 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 77)

Not really good enough though, is it?

You may be happy to settle for average performances like today, but its not going to get us into the top four anytime soon.

I don't think complaining and whinging like little kids is going to get us into the top 4 either really. Nout wrong with being disappointed in performance, but the way some people go OTT is laughable.

I don't think i'm going over the top though

All I'm going to say is that you feel I don't voice my opinion or admit when we play badly because you feel the press will pick it up. :lol:

Yes, I feel you are going OTT and acting like a spoiled United fan.

(This despite me saying I felt we were poor today, but y'know, some like to ignore facts.)

OK, why have I gone over the top?

As for the first part of your post, what the **** are you waffling on about?

I've said todays performance wasnt good enough, which it wasn't, and you've agreed.

Dont see the problem.

frustrating result..........

Downing was so shit yet again....he is offering us nothing at the moment....

he slows down attacks and passes backwards instead of looking for the forward ball and at times is really pedestrian....

he is only useful for a dead ball situation when nobody is allowed to tackle him and he has all the time in the world to cross the ball.......

Youngs crossing was back to its best though...more of the same please Ash!

MON fuvked me off big time with his ridiculous substitutions....swapping Sidwell for Downing was just bizarre...as cack as downing was, he is still an attacking player(supposedly)...Fonz should have got some minutes today

Oh, by the way, Gabby throws a paddy on Wed. Gabby doesn't play, we are told by the club website he has a groin injury, MON comes out and says it is a stubbed toe.

make of that as you will. !

What paddy?

What have I missed now?

Nothing.

Gabby pulled his groin on wednesday. In the pre match interview MON said he trained yesterday and hurt his foot which is why he didn't play today.

People are just inventing reasons to hate MON.

Oh, by the way, Gabby throws a paddy on Wed. Gabby doesn't play, we are told by the club website he has a groin injury, MON comes out and says it is a stubbed toe.

What paddy?

What have I missed now?

Nothing.

Gabby pulled his groin on wednesday. In the pre match interview MON said he trained yesterday and hurt his foot which is why he didn't play today.

I don't recall a paddy, when he came off injured he was asking to come off. I just wondered if I'd missed something earlier in the week. Maybe it's something to do with St Patrick?

What paddy?

What have I missed now?

Nothing.

I don't recall a paddy, when he came off injured he was asking to come off. I just wondered if I'd missed something earlier in the week. Maybe it's something to do with St Patrick?

Yep, he asked to come off.

But lets not let perfect logic spoil the wild conspiracies based on absolutely nothing!

We need to focus on what we can still achieve, as mentioned earlier this week, reality is 6th place, we must get 6th place and Europe, enjoy the FA Semi and our day at Wembley, MON must not allow the side to be down if we get chucked out, again as mentioned earlier this week Chelsea will want this at all costs.....6th is for us, fingers crossed.

The sooner Gabby is back in the side the sooner we will look the real deal again.

to be honest sidders did a decent job after he came on, i realise 90% of the time hes utterly anonymous when he comes on the pitch aside from some dirty fouls, he does actually get into some dangerous positions and from what i could see from the holte his pass/shot thing was going in regardless of carew's final touch.

as i said earlier i dont think heskey merits all the abuse he gets on here but bringing on delfouneso for him in the last 15/20 seemed a pretty obvious thing to do, but i guess as he was involved in the goal we don't have too much right to complain. i hate to think people are turning against Mo'N: he has his faults but in my book the mans a legend

Wow ! sometimes I really wonder what some of you are looking at. Several have said we sat back after we scored...(and then asserted that it had to be MON's fault). Was Petrov "sitting back" when he committed a rash foul from behind that led to the goal? If he was sitting back, how did he end up chasing it from behind? When our defense over-ran the drop of the ball on the free kick, how was that sitting back? On their second goal, they got in behind Cuellar (how did they do that if we were dropping back?) and the cross was put in by a mid-fielder (Milner) tracking back frantically (where he would have already been if we had been dropped back).

Another example. Several have ranted that MON is idiotic for bringing on Albrighton at right back. Once again, what are you looking at? When Dunne went off hurt, Albrighton came on, but we went to 3 in the back. Albrighton played a right wing role. (not especially well mind you.) And just because I can't resist, this three in the back and 5 in the midfield formation came from the manager that is "too stubborn to ever try anything new."

I'm going to stop reading this for a while. The over the top ranting without some foothold on reality is more maddening than our inability to break down a packed and resolute defense.

We need to focus on what we can still achieve, as mentioned earlier this week, reality is 6th place, we must get 6th place and Europe, enjoy the FA Semi and our day at Wembley, MON must not allow the side to be down if we get chucked out, again as mentioned earlier this week Chelsea will want this at all costs.....6th is for us, fingers crossed.

I can't agree with that, the difference between 4th and 7th is likely to be a gnats knacker, if we can achieve 6th we can achieve 4th.

Another example. Several have ranted that MON is idiotic for bringing on Albrighton at right back. Once again, what are you looking at? When Dunne went off hurt, Albrighton came on, but we went to 3 in the back. Albrighton played a right wing role. (not especially well mind you.) And just because I can't resist, this three in the back and 5 in the midfield formation came from the manager that is "too stubborn to ever try anything new."

Looked like 4-4-2 to me, but then I don't think Albrighton did all that badly in trying to attack from there.

I can't agree with that, the difference between 4th and 7th is likely to be a gnats knacker, if we can achieve 6th we can achieve 4th.

Lets look at it in a more pragmatic way then....

Do you think we will achieve 4th......not a cat in hells chance.

Do you think we could achieve 6th....we have a realistic chance, matters nothing about splitting the difference of if we can get this then we can get that...........reality is the competition for 4th is massive and tails of slightly for 6th......................I say lets get into Europe as our main project in hand, look at the fixtures we have, we can get 6th.

Lets look at it in a more pragmatic way then....

Do you think we will achieve 4th......not a cat in hells chance.

Do you think we could achieve 6th....we have a realistic chance, matters nothing about splitting the difference of if we can get this then we can get that...........reality is the competition for 4th is massive and tails of slightly for 6th......................I say lets get into Europe as our main project in hand, look at the fixtures we have, we can get 6th.

Reality is that the competition for 4th and 6th is the same.

Looked like 4-4-2 to me, but then I don't think Albrighton did all that badly in trying to attack from there.

Was defo 3-5-2, could see the instructions being given out when marc came on.

Was defo 3-5-2, could see the instructions being given out when marc came on.

Fair enough, I didn't notice any change on the other side which is why I thought it was 4-4-2, Warnock didn't seem to tuck in. I'll take (both) of your words for it though.

Sidwell.

Without him shooting we'd not have the equaliser.

Of course.... how could I forget that, well done Steve the Sub.

So then, that would be ONE shot from our midfield in 90 minites at home against one of the bottom clubs in the league? Is it any wonder we don't score enough?

Sidwell.

Without him shooting we'd not have the equaliser.

Of course.... how could I forget that, well done Steve the Sub.

So then, that would be ONE shot from our midfield in 90 minites at home against one of the bottom clubs in the league? Is it any wonder we don't score enough?

Does Downing's header just before half time not count as a "shot", then? :confused:

Strange game. First 20 minutes I thought we were going to win 3 or 4 nil. Defense seemed to be exposed on the flanks esepcially down our right dependent on who was playing infront of Cueller. After there two goals I always thought we were in it to win but the equaliser came far to late

Whether it was the kick off time or not I thought the atmosphere was very poor and could understand why we started to play some wayward stuff with the crowd on their back. The home support is nothing like the away support. The team get far more leeway from supporters away from home :(