• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Pterov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Dunne 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 77)

The game was crying out for young fonzy but thats mon and his subs for you!..

There's non so blind as those that dont listen!..

whilst i understand those wanting luke young in the starting line-up, i dont think any match is 'crying out' for swapping your right backs. if we're relying on luke young to change games for us then we definitely are shit.

A part of me hopes Dunne isn't fit enough to play on Wednesday so we can have L Young at RB and Collins and Cuellar in the centre. Perhaps then maybe Young can prove himself and Cuellar might go back to centre defense, or maybe he might be out of the squad altogether. Either way I don't want to see Cuellar at RB.

whilst i understand those wanting luke young in the starting line-up, i dont think any match is 'crying out' for swapping your right backs. if we're relying on luke young to change games for us then we definitely are shit.

Young Fonzy mate... You no the centre forward not right back!..

We need to focus on what we can still achieve, as mentioned earlier this week, reality is 6th place, we must get 6th place and Europe, enjoy the FA Semi and our day at Wembley, MON must not allow the side to be down if we get chucked out, again as mentioned earlier this week Chelsea will want this at all costs.....6th is for us, fingers crossed.

I can't agree with that, the difference between 4th and 7th is likely to be a gnats knacker, if we can achieve 6th we can achieve 4th.

Lets look at it in a more pragmatic way then....

Do you think we will achieve 4th......not a cat in hells chance.

Do you think we could achieve 6th....we have a realistic chance, matters nothing about splitting the difference of if we can get this then we can get that...........reality is the competition for 4th is massive and tails of slightly for 6th......................I say lets get into Europe as our main project in hand, look at the fixtures we have, we can get 6th.

Reality is that the competition for 4th and 6th is the same.

Can't agree with this, I would say the competition for 4th is the same, to assume that by missing 4th a team will naturally gravitate to 5th and then 6th and so on making the compatition the same!!!!can't agree, we have enough games to succeed and the same to fall well short, many teams over the seasons have thrown everything at getting top 4 at the cost of everything else and failed miserably, had a more deliberate game plan been used that was achievable, far more realistic.

My point was we should look at what we can do and what we must do, Villa must be a top 6 side, I'm saying 6th and that's where the line is drawn, if we finish 5th or 4th all the better, but 6th must be it as a minimum, we are at a point in the season where any team can easily string together a run of no wins, we did last season at this time, complete burnout, we went for the impossible. At this time there is a 5pt difference between 4th and 6th that's a fair difference, at the end of last season there was a 10pt difference between 4th and 6th, that tells me that although the competition for 4th was the same, the reality at the final bell was a considerable gap in reality between 4th and 6th, in fact a huge gap.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

tinker: at least there's there is some awareness out there, fact is, and to me obvious as night following day, Villa without Gabby are average, with Gabby are a committed driven winning side, i actually believe Gabby will leave Villa for a Champions League side unfortunately for Villa, lets face it thats football its bound to happen eventually.

Sidwell.

Without him shooting we'd not have the equaliser.

Of course.... how could I forget that, well done Steve the Sub.

So then, that would be ONE shot from our midfield in 90 minites at home against one of the bottom clubs in the league? Is it any wonder we don't score enough?

Does Downing's header just before half time not count as a "shot", then? :confused:

Yes, we can count that if you want, and add in Brad's goalkicks and punts if you like. Now I think about it, we are a real attacking force.

Shit performance but I still think we will get 4th, i had us down for a draw v Wigan and a win today...... 4 pts........ so we still got the 4pts but just the wrong way round, Spurs and Man City still got some big games to play, as do we but i fancy us to sneak it.

i actually believe Gabby will leave Villa for a Champions League side unfortunately for Villa, lets face it thats football its bound to happen eventually.
From what I've seen not many people rate him apart from Villa fans. Can't imagine why though. he's excellent. Hopefully he'll be back for Wednesday. If he is, I'm confident we can win that given Carew's recent return to form.

We were dire today BUT still better than Wolves.

Carlos was again exposed at RB and it is just not understable how he can play him in front of Luke.

I thought the midfield was poor with the exception of Ashley who really murdered his full back. I thought Stan was poor and his needless tackle (got himself the wrong side of the opposition midfielder and knew he wouldn't catch him up) led to the free kick for the first goal.

Carew good, Heskey shocking. How MON left him on for the 90 minutes is beyond me.

MON was awful today. Looked clueless on the sideline when they got the two goals and proved it with his second half subs. The Fonz should have replaced Heskey at HT along with Luke on for Carlos/Jimmy and Carlos to CB. Albrighton was an unfair sub - 15 minutes and a goal down was not the right time to bring on a young kid IMO - too much pressure to try and do something with little time. His criticism of the Johnny come lately fan is misplaced IMO - it was the Holte End that was calling for Nathan and, if our club is ever going to challenge regularly we need to turn the Johhny come latelys into regulars and get the revenue up.

Young Fonzy mate... You no the centre forward not right back!..

haha my bad :oops: , assumed he was referring to both luke young and fonz

I think wolves did to us what we have been doing to teams this season.....defending in numbers and hitting them on the break. In reality, they scored two lucky goals - a deflection that fell straight to Craddock, and an OG, where their player was not definite to score. On another day their bumbled first goal is cleared by us, and Milner's interception goes wide. Not to be today.

We had plenty of chances, Ash was outstanding (with Capello on hand...!) and Carew could have got 5. BUT, we didn't capitalise. The positive is that last season I think we would have bottled it completely and lost 2-1. I think we can take a lot from coming back to 2-2, even though we should have pumped them. I hope the bus they parked in front of our goal has been moved without too much damage to the pitch....

Cuellar was absolutely shocking,the worst I've ever seen him play for us.

Come to think of it not many of the team can come out with much credit. Anyone know why Dunne was taken off? Couldn't really see an injury. Good to see Carew scoring two more goals. We should have won this. Quite annoyed with the performance.

LOL, MON'S INTERVIEW COMMENT. :notworthy:

I used to enjoy MON's post match interviews but I am getting a bit tired with the same old rhetoric. Nearly as predictable as O'Dreary's old drivel.

I know - it can be tiresome having people come out with the same old drivel week in week out can't it?