• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Pterov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Dunne 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 77)

Arse. Not good enough by far. We're not out of it points wise, but unless our performances pick up we'll be miles off.

Friedel - 6 - nowt to do really. Could have come for the first goal possibly.

Cuellar - 3 - one of his worst games for us. i like him, btu he is NOT a rightback. We've known this for ages. We can't afford for half of our attacks down the right side to breakdown when he gets the ball.

Dunne - 7 - better of the defenders

Collins - 5.5 - shakey

Warnock - 4.5 - poor game

Young - 8 - MOTM one of the only players who didn't do much wrong

Milner - 6.5 - by his high standards he was quiet

Petrov - 6 - average

Downing - 6 - quiet

Heskey - 5 - doesn't do much

Carew - 7.5 - not great but extra marksfor goals

Sidwell - 7 - actually thought he did alright when he came on and got the assistfor the equaliser

Albrighton - 5.5 - poor, looked overwhelmed. But again he isn't a rightback.

Don't understand the subs. Dunne takes a knock then fine, mocing cuellar is fine. But why bring Albrighton on when we have 2 right backs on the bench.

What does the fonz have to do to get 20 minutes game time? Heskey was poor (granted he had a hand in the second goal), perfect time to bring him off.

the seasons over now, beginning to wonder if we'll even get europa league. its absolutely piss poor how MON cant break down teams with the players we've got, the tactics are boring and predictable, its like he doesnt even discuss them each game.

It's hilarious how exposed our mentality is. Watch the first 15 minutes again - all the players looked confident, we were breezing through the motions. They score a goal and suddenly Cueller looks like a dog with his tail between his legs. Get Luke Young back in, please.

Also don't play two target men, stick Delfouneso on.

Started well .. then we faded and then we finished well

didn't see a second goal coming so guess we have to be happy with a draw in the end

What annoys me is Downing who seems to come in the middle then pass it wide to Cueller to cross ..bloody frustrating and I think Carlos and Downing need a rest

Heskey started really well for us , disappeared for 60 mins or so and then came back into the game .. guess you could almost say the same for carew as well .. hope gabby is back on Weds we clearly missed him today

Ash got my MOTM vote

Well, we started the game like a house on fire but like most games, it seems when we get the first goal, we can't back that up to the point we might aswell concede first!

Ashley Young man of the match (he was brilliant), Carew a close second.

Poor display, it's not over just yet but very dissapointing.

One question O'Neill.

NATHAN **** DELFOUNESO. WHY NOT!?

Friedel - 5 Looked a bit iffy today at times.

Collins - 6

Dunne - 6

Cuellar - 4 Was given a mare by Jarvis. He's alright against teams like Stoke, but when he comes up against a real winger he's fecked.

Warnock - 5 Off the pace

Petrov - 4 Lost his head in the first half, was he on the pitch for the second?

Milner - 5 Mark knocked off for the own goal.

Young - 8 Our only creative outlet today.

Downing - 4 Who?

Carew - 8 MOM. Knows where the goal is.

Heskey - 4 Another anonymous display from the most useless striker I've seen in some years. Yes, the apologists will point to the 'half an assist' he'll get for our second goal, but all I can think of is what might have been had we had some attacking threat to help Carew and provide an outlet for the other 89 minutes of the game. Nathan Delfouneso is a goal scorer. He has scored in every first team game he has started for us in cup games and in Europe. What the hell does he have to do to get in front of the least prolific striker at the club?

Ref- 6 meh

MON - 5 - So much for using the squad.

Overall - 2 points thrown away and the impetus is back with Spurs.

Young did a lot today for a WC place, Milner was invisible and Warnock went well backwards.

Where the **** was Delfouneso? He warmed up and then was left on the bench when we were desperate for goals! We missed Gabby today something chronic.

2 points dropped. cant fault the players for their effort second half as we was by far the better side.

however mon has to be critised here for various things

firstly his subs, why on earth bring on albrington when we had the fonz on who would have been more of an attcaking threat? what can albrington do in this kind of game? we was screaming for fonz's pace in this game

secondly continuting to play cuellar at rb. sorry but he is rubbish at rb. collins was making all these sloppy mistakes today and fortunately we had someone else covering. cuellar kept losing the ball and getting done at rb but mon kept him there all game

thirdly keeping ineffective heskey on all game. he was woeful only got abit lively for last 10 minutes but added absoutely nothing

my ratings

friedel 6 didnt have much to do, cant blame him for 2nd

cuellar 4: woeful. he was so bad at rb. but its mons fault playing him there. we have two NATURAL rbs on teh bench and he continues to play him there. he should not play rb again

dunne: 7 our best defender today, did some vital clearances

collins 5: made so many sloppy mistakes time to bench him and move cuellar cb

warnock 4: had an absolute stinker today. probably his worst game for us and almost lost us the game we a woeful back pass.

stan 7: battled hard even though he should ahve been snet off

milner 6: poor own goal but wanst at his best today

young 8: motm worked so hard and was running all day long. was whipping some dangerous balls

downing: 5 god he was bad ttoday. poor crossing, poor finishing, a day for him to forget

carew 7: worked hard and took his goals well if he has a better partner today i think we would ahve won

heskey 2: another non existant performance doesnt deserve to start against sunderland in my eyes and we need to sell him in the summer

mon 4: bad tactics and poor subsititions

A point is disappointing but unsurprising.

Once again, being reasonable, we weren't bad by any means and once again we've learnt nothing from that game - we struggle against teams happy to sit back and as soon as Wolves took the lead it was clear that was all they were gonna do.

Friedel - 6 - Wasn't overly tested.

Dunne - 6 - Decent

Collins - 6 - Similar.

Cuellar - 5 - Struggled with Jarvis, not the best of games for him.

Warnock - 6 - Again not bad.

Petrov - 6 - Some feisty tackles that could well have got him sent off, but also some great play from him first half. Second half he was quiet, the yellow and Wolves being less up for a surge forward saw lose his main role in the side.

Milner - 6 - Would have been a 7 but for a pretty unfortunate OG. Was involved all the good we did, as per.

Downing - 5 - Not the best game he'll have.

Young - 7 - Like Milner, involved time and again, seemed up for it. Some iffy deliveries still, an annoyance.

Carew - 7 - He's becoming a bit of an RVN, doesn't do alot and pokes in a couple. Can't complain at that even if I do prefer a bit less of an anonymous role for a striker.

Heskey - 6 - Given dogs abuse in the match thread (shock horror there), so I'll say this for him - First half, we played some lovely passing moves and attaced with vigour and time again he was vital to linking those. He also played at least 1 glorious pass to Young first half out to the right, and he was vital in the equaliser. He's never going to score many, but when we want to play he's very useful. As we chucked the kitchen sink at it and stopped being quite so pretty in favour of the direct approach, he's anonymous.

Albrighton - 5 - Didn't do alot.

Sidwell - 6 - Much like Marc above, except he managed to get an assist.

Never going to be an easy game, we really should have built on the first goal and done better, we were the better side for much of the game, first half the better by acres at times. Sadly 2 bad goals to let in undid us and placed us in exactly the position we didn't want to be, chasing agaisnt a side dreaming of points, any points.

Tactically, I can't see a lot wrong. One of those I guess. Disappointing but I'll not lose my head over it.

2 mistakes and two massive strokes of luck cost us today, we had enough to win, Heskey and Carew were effective up front given Wolves tactics. We aren't out of the race for 4th by any means.

Maybe not, but we just made it ALOT harder for ourselves! And it isn't just the 2 points dropped, its the fact we look like a useless Championship team at times and never control a game or even half a game of football. The truth is we are just not good enough for 4th place

This match perfectly sums up all MON's failings.

A Non RB being exposed at playing RB

A SHIT Striker playing full 90 mins without being sub

Tactically navie

Nail on the head there.

Really missed Gabby today. We're one dimensional when he's not around.

we r 2 points behind spurs and if they fail to win today we have a game in hand win that and we are level. Spurs have arsenal chelsea and united to play still. Its all to play for for CL football there will be twists and turns and hopfully this is our twist today.

Under the circumstances of todays game a point aint TOO bad on reflection, not saying its good result but no bad.

Bring on Sunderland.

Wow, by looking at most of the comments in here you'd think we lost. I'm quite glad we got what we did considering we could have had a demoralising defeat on our hands. If results go our way today and we beat Sunderland in the mid-week fixture then it's not all that bad.

We're level on points with Man City, 1 point behind Liverpool with a game in hand (soon to be 2) and 2 points behind Spurs.

Yes, we should be happy to be drawing against relegation threatened teams (in their first season in the prem and with a fraction of the budget that we have) at home.

Posted in the match thread but better here.

Two points dropped or a point gained from a losing position, we'll not know the true impact until much later in the season but for now it's disappointing.

We're still in the pack of those chasing 4th, though no doubt a lot will be thinking that today sees us fall out of that race. Well they're wrong the others will drop points too we just need to make sure we don't drop as many as them.

It seemed to me that for all our possession in the second half we just didn't have much cutting edge. The wing play is quite predictable, and without a creative striker we just don't have someone who can create something out of nothing.

4th spot is going to be tight, but out of all the teams I think we're the least likely.

It's a derby game, it was always going to be difficult. Believe I'm disappointed, Cuellar and Petrov were very poor, I thought Heskey won some good headers in the second half and really makes up for his lack of goals with work rate, we had chances to win but we were unlucky - it was one of those days. Let's hope the results go for us today.