Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Rather we looked at Shkodran Mustafi or Matthias Ginter (new owner needed to fund of course)  if we are after a Central defender

I believe Ginter to Doofmund is pretty much nailed on.

Would make sense as they might lose Subotic or Hummels or both

Ferdinand now he has left Man U would be ideal for us.  Even if he only plays every other game it would be worth it. Experienced and a leader available on a free.

I would go for Agger at Liverpool. He's been told that the Club Will listen to offers... Never going to happen due our current situation though...

Muamer Tankovic from Fulham is available on a free this summer.

Really think we should take a look at him, he's 19 and has bags of potential

Why didn't they play him instead of that Dan Burn guy then? He didn't seem very good. I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, I'd never heard of the guy until now. Just wondering why he hadn't got in the first team?

Why didn't they play him instead of that Dan Burn guy then? He didn't seem very good. I'm not saying you're wrong by the way, I'd never heard of the guy until now. Just wondering why he hadn't got in the first team?

He just came into the team a few months before they changed manager. When Magath arrived he chose to play other players like Dejagah that he knew from Wolfsburg

• Like 1

He just came into the team a few months before they changed manager. When Magath arrived he chose to play other players like Dejagah that he knew from Wolfsburg

Thanks for this. Also realise I thought he was a CB when he's actually a forward. D'oh! Ignore me from now on!

Thanks for this. Also realise I thought he was a CB when he's actually a forward. D'oh! Ignore me from now on!

Haha, no worries mate.

Tankovic is not the finished article, but i do think he has potential

I don't see a whole lot of point in speculating on players we might buy when we have no idea what kind of money we will playing with or who the manager will be. If it is Lambert and the budget stays the same, then we can forget about the likes Daniel Agger or anyone of any real value. If we have a new man in charge and some proper money to spend then maybe we could look at players like that but in the mean time we're stuck with signings of a similar ilk to Sylla and Bennett.

Edited by One For The Road

I just heard all contract renewals and player signings have been put on hold until we are sold, is this true?

I just heard all contract renewals and player signings have been put on hold until we are sold, is this true?

If this is the case, something must be in the offing as they'll need sorting out sooner rather than later.

If this is the case, something must be in the offing as they'll need sorting out sooner rather than later.

Well, we're more or less giving up on Albrighton in that case, his contract is up in a couple of weeks or so. 

Well, we're more or less giving up on Albrighton in that case, his contract is up in a couple of weeks or so.

finally some good news then

A youngster has signed a contract Today, so I don't know whether everything's on hold.

If that IS the case, then we really are sailing close to the wind.