Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck!!

That's the beaver hunt I've been stuck on for literally weeks.

The only place I managed to find them was south of Tall Trees.

Go into your ingame map. In the north, where it says Tall Trees, there's an area to the south with a picture of three deer (I think they're deer). That's where I found all of my beavers. More specifically there's a slope leading down to a road just south of that picture of the deer and they seem to turn up on that slope.

But they're scarce. It took me a long time to get 5. I'm sure others will tell you of other areas where you can find them, but that's the only place I ever found any.

Oh, and shoot them with a pistol. If you shoot them with something too powerful you'll blow them to bits.

Edit: Oh, and there's bears and boars a-plenty around there. So keep your wits about you.

Edited by Stevo985

I'm gonna get some serious Red Dead Redemptioning done over the long easter weekend.

No plans and housemate is away so serious game time for once.

Hope to get a chunk of stuff done and make a start on Undead Nightmare

• Like 1

So apparently explosive rifles don't count when "killing bears with one shot"

That makes it a lot harder!

I think you need to use something like the pump action or the semi automatic shotgun and get a shot right between the eyes.

Tried the pump action but it took two shots.

I've definitely done it with the Bolt Action Rifle before, but tried it again and it didn't work.

I think there's a bit of luck to it.

Hunting bears is pretty tough though. Very rarely can I get them in an open area where you have time to line them up between the eyes.

And for something so huge, they are very good at coming out of nowhere!

I've got 2% left to do not sure what it is that needs doing or if I can be bothered with it.

Stated undead nightmare yesterday enjoying it really good idea.

Stevo I'm sure I used a bolt action rifle you can use dead eye though so it's easier to line up your shot, also if you have it the buffolo rifle makes short work of them.

Nearly there. I'm on 92.5% I think.

I think most of that are the challenges. Struggling with killing 2 cougar with a knife. Did one but forgot to save and then died trying to do the second.

Went for the pump action shot gun for the bears. Just stood my ground and shot them in the face when they were like a foot away. Risky because it often doesn't work and you end up dying but got thereeventually.

Survivalist challenges... yawn!

I'm on 59% now. 

doing about 2% a day, maybe 8% a week, so another 5 weeks to finish it. 

The survivalist challenges are pretty ok with the survivalist map - go to an area where that plants grows a lot, activate the map, then just run around quickly picking them up - within 10 mins all done.

i haven't met a bear yet, and got distracted by random strangers so haven't made it to the beaver area yet.

Also, need to start doing some bounties as i haven't done any yet.

Edited by ender4

I've done most of the outfits. Got 3 left. One is the 100% one so obviously can't get that, the other one is the all gangs in 24 hours and the final one is a hard one, £200 worth of herbs, 20 executions, £1000 gambling etc etc. Not far off that though

The survivalist challenges are pretty ok with the survivalist map - go to an area where that plants grows a lot, activate the map, then just run around quickly picking them up

Yeah they're not hard. Just boring. Picking flowers is hardly the most exciting thing in the world

Enjoyed the explosive rifle stuff. That's badass

Â