Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever got 100% in a game.

Was close with AC2 but looking for feathers drove me up the wall in the end.

I think Super Mario 64 was the last game I got 100% on (and it wasn't even called 100% in those days)

I'm only doing it on RDR because it's vaguely achievable. Games (like AC2) where you have to find a million things and they could be anywhere and you probably have to use a guide for it I wouldn't bother with.

Still haven't killed those fecking cougars. They're always in packs, that's the problem! I think I've isolated one and his mate pops up behind me and takes me down.

Go to the middle of two crows. You need a lot of patience. IIRC as the sun goes down, put bait down. If it's the right time of day, you'll immediatly hear the cougar growl in the distance. If you do, look sharp because it's going straight for you at 60mph! One well timed shot in deadeye in the head and you've got yourself a cougar.

Arkham Asylum and City and Assassin's Creed 3  are the only games in recent times that I've 100%'d. I probably go a bit further than Stevo described for himself, but if it's something ridiculous or I just know for a fact I'll never be able to do, I won't bother. Those three games I did because I thought it was achievable, but also because I just really loved them and wanted to extend my playtime and enjoyment.

I just got all the trophies on Ni No Kuni, but technically I did that without getting 100% on the Familiars and Alchemy, so it doesn't count.

Edited by Ginko

The combat ones aren't too bad once you get a rhythm going. You have to have a bit of luck on your side too of course. As for the predator maps, some of them I had to look up on youtube, admittedly.

Go to the middle of two crows. You need a lot of patience. IIRC as the sun goes down, put bait down. If it's the right time of day, you'll immediatly hear the cougar growl in the distance. If you do, look sharp because it's going straight for you at 60mph! One well timed shot in deadeye in the head and you've got yourself a cougar.

Cheers for the tip on where to find them.

I need to kill them with a knife though! Again I've done one before which is annoying but didn't save it so it didn't count. I'll do it once I put my mind to it.

94% now. The last survivalist challenge can go **** itself in the ass, though. That'll be getting done last.

Easily the worst challenges. Dull as ****.

Edit: Also, the survivalist challenges bring up one of my pet hates with this game. When you pick a flower, after the little cut scene of him picking it, it restarts the game with you facing a random direction. That's kind of annoying when you're in the middle of a field heading in a specific direction lookking for plants.

My othe rpet hate is when you whistle your horse and she runs right past you and stands about 10 metres away. Bitch!

Edited by Stevo985

To kill a cougar with a knife, get yourself on horseback and be armed with a low power pistol (something like the first one you get).

When you get near the cougar shoot it in the legs a couple of times (easier in dead eye) and then switch to a knife.  You can then try to knife it from the horse or jump off and chase after it.  They're still quite quick when injured though so you might need to get close to it.

Only the killer blow counts so a couple of shots to wound, then finish it with the blade.  Bam!

Yup, that's how I did it before. Two body shots and then one swipe with the knife.

My biggest problem at the moment is finding them and isolating one when I do find them.

Always from horseback! It's like an extra life. Poor horses.

Played an hour of Undead Nightmare just now (I got bored of cougar hunting, I'll leave that for saturday night, wheyooooo)

I LOVE it. Really love it, in fact. The atmosphere more than anything, but it's great.

The lack of ammo is annoying me a bit, but apart from that I can't wait to play some more.

Played an hour of Undead Nightmare just now (I got bored of cougar hunting, I'll leave that for saturday night, wheyooooo)

I LOVE it. Really love it, in fact. The atmosphere more than anything, but it's great.

The lack of ammo is annoying me a bit, but apart from that I can't wait to play some more.

Best DLC I've played for any game. After reading this thread I started a new game of RDR after forgetting that I'd completed it (can't remember how the story ends) and also finished the Undead Nightmare story.

You're in for a treat and I can't say I'm not jealous

Cheers for the tip on where to find them.

My othe rpet hate is when you whistle your horse and she runs right past you and stands about 10 metres away. Bitch!

Yep, sorry I forgot that you have to kill it with your knife. You could try nuremburg's technique, I think I used a crap pistol on deadeye to shoot the legs as it was coming at me to cripple it (think it might have been two shots as mentioned) then take it out with the knife when you come out of deadeye.

Talking of your pet hate like that - at least the horse comes near you. When you whistle for a horse on Assassains Creed Brotherhood it takes it's sweet time coming to you and even then stops well short.

85% done.

found the beavers, a massive group of them in one go by a river.

4 more missions to complete, 3 more strangers, still need to do all the outfits, quite a few bounties, and the challenges. 

talking about challenges, how am i meant to kill a bear with one shot?

i've tried a range of guns, shooting in the face, etc...   but they always need 2 shots!

Pump Action Shotgun will do it.

You basically need to find a bear, let it charge at you, go into Red Eye and shoot it right between the eyes when it's about a foot away from you.

It's not a guarantee, so you may well die a couple of times trying it (do it from horseback if you can), but it definitely does work as that's how I did it.

Make sure to save your game after every time you do one. If you do it twice and then die before you do the third, it will reset to zero. So camp or use the horse deeds to save your game after each kill.

(I hear the buffalo rifle does the job as well but I haven't tried it. Explosive Rifles will easily do it but they don't count towards the acvhievment)

90% done.

i am surprised by the ending of the missions, not what i expected, and not sure if i liked it or not.

not sure if i can be bothered to get the full 100% now, might try for 95%, then move onto the next game.

Â