Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played an hour of Undead Nightmare just now (I got bored of cougar hunting, I'll leave that for saturday night, wheyooooo)

I LOVE it. Really love it, in fact. The atmosphere more than anything, but it's great.

The lack of ammo is annoying me a bit, but apart from that I can't wait to play some more.

Haven't picked it up since then!

Which is weird as I was loving Undead Nightmare. Just one of those things, I put it down and never went back.

But even just reading through the last couple of pages has got me eager to play again. May well pick it back up tonight

Think I'm going to start it again from the beginning.  It's so far ahead of any other game, it's not even close.

I wouldn't say that. BUt it's certainly right up there.

Game of the Generation, its just stunning, even three years on it is yet to be surpassed imo, its a masterpiece. The scary thing is that you don't even need to get even halfway through the story to realise it. Amazing.

The only game that will go beyond it is GTA V, which I believe will top it. 

Game of the Generation, its just stunning, even three years on it is yet to be surpassed imo, its a masterpiece. The scary thing is that you don't even need to get even halfway through the story to realise it. Amazing.

The only game that will go beyond it is GTA V, which I believe will top it. 

Agree with you on best game of the generation. Playing through was an experience. Like the best TV shows and books I wish I could start over with fresh eyes just to sample the joy of playing through it for the first time again.

I'm a little worried for you that your expectations for the new GTA are dangerously high, though!

Edited by stwefano
  • Like 1

I am usually cautious with expectations but when it's Rockstar I know they will always be fulfilled. They are one of the few big producers nowadays that put the game before money

No chance in hell they'll fail with GTAV

• 2 years later...

I was staring at my Steam library this morning, and at my shelf of PS4 games, struggling to find anything that really jumped out at me to play, and I remembered how much fun I had in this game.

Set up my 360 again, and before you know it, it's 10 hours later. This has to be in my top 5 games of all time, it's a damn shame that with all of the remasterings we've seen, this probably won't ever be included. Reckon we'll see a sequel at some point?

Absolutely.  It's been over three years since Rockstar San Diego put anything out (Max Payne in mid 2012) and it's been two and a half years since GTAV was released.  I think we will see an announcement for the next Red Dead game this year.  It's been long enough since the last one and the installed base on current gen consoles might be pushing 60 million by the time the Xmas period is over which gives them a decent sized market to shoot at.  Announce it in the summer, have it on shelves by spring 2017.  Red Dead Revolution? 

I hope you're right! The story in this game is phenomenal, and I'm not so sure they'd match it in a sequel, but what I've really missed is just riding around on my horse, soaking up the atmosphere and exploring. GTA doesn't come close on that front, really. I can **** commute in real life.

I thought you were going to say a PC version had been announced :(:(

Never going to happen, unfortunately. Apparently the code is such a mess, they'd have to start from scratch, at which point they may as well work on a new game

Edited by Davkaus

Rockstar should announce something in 2016 and Red Dead is probably the only franchise they have besides GTA that can get to serious levels of hype and sales.

Word was a while back that the next thing they were looking at was a Bully sequel but Red Dead makes much more sense to do. Hopefully this time the engine isn't held together by spit and tissue paper, and they don't treat their staff particularly badly to finish it.

Â