FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

Great 45 mins of football from the Villa. Chelsea - I never thought I would hear myself saying this - have been tactically naive, relying on (usually very inaccurate) long-ball play. Can't believe Ancelotti will let them do that in the 2nd half, so the next 45 mins will be a whole lot harder for us.

Can't believe that non-penalty decision. It really was disgraceful.

Sod's law the one time I'm a t my 5 yr old godson's when Villa are on telly... he's in Spain. How am I supposed to brainwash him now?

Do it Clockwork Orange style, but with a video of our best moments :)

25 min Niall Harden has provided the best description of Howard Webb I've yet read, which makes me feel a bit guilty given that I'm supposed to be doing that sort of thing. "Howard Webb just looks so proud of himself when he turns down a penalty appeal. 'Look at me, making tough decisions!' There's something really wrong with that."

Good half. We're the better side, working hard, organised. But we're not scoring from a cross here, Alex and Terry have had them pretty much all covered, it'll take a miracle or a **** up for us to get ahead that way.

And I sincerely hope that Webb is flogged by a baying mob at full time.

I still reckon we'll lose this, Chelsea have a lot more in the tank than that and will probably pinch one sooner or later.

But come on Villa, prove me wrong, the performance is there.

I think Webb thought Gabby was trying too hard to sell the penalty. That said, it WAS a penalty.

The pitch is awful again, the FA can have no excuses for it, it is an embarrassment.

Happy to be in the semi-final, but why are they playing them in Wembley?

The whole thrill of an FA Cup final is that you work your way to the cathedral of football for the ultimate event.

Now it's a bit of an anti-climax once you get there.

Villa dominated the first half and are unlucky to not be ahead.

Let's hope they keep the pressure on and that MON doesn't bottle it when it comes to making substitutions.