FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

Great decision by the linesman leading up to the corner by the way. Milner did well to keep the ball in. The whole ball has to corss then line and it didn't. I bet Warnock will still blame the ref even though his side have been shit...

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh if Guzan says away. Cuellar has to clear.
Why on earth is he saying away in that situation? It just puts unnecessary pressure on the defender when there is no real pressure there.

Agreed but if he does say clear then Cuellar has to clear. It's the goalkeeper's decision, good one or bad one.

Anyway decent half.

At some point, Milner and Agbonlahor should come off.

Why on earth is he saying away in that situation? It just puts unnecessary pressure on the defender when there is no real pressure there.

well there was the attacker came up on cuellar pretty quick and Guzan would only have just about got there.

Guzan should have told him to get rid for a throw.

well we have torn them a new ass hole this half, how we are not 5 or 6 up god only knows. i can think of at least 3 1 on 1ones gabby has muffed up, add in to that young having 2 or 3 very good efforts, milner and carew.

we need to pop 2 or 3 quick goals in at the start to the second half to deflate them, warnock will be getting them fired up after the 'corner' which led to the goal, it wasnt a corner as it came of milner but **** it, we deserve to be in front.

Agreed but if he does say clear then Cuellar has to clear. It's the goalkeeper's decision, good one or bad one.

Yep, Guzan probably should have come but Cuellar made him look stupid by making him shout two or three times. If you're told clear it, clear it. Don't second-guess your goalkeeper.

I'd go Friedel for the final but not based on that moment!

We're playing well. On another day we'd have scored loads. Carew has impressed me for the first time in a while as well.

Did Cuellar actually give a shout to Guzan though? As him pointing at him could be taken two ways, either as "yours" or "stay there". It's definitely an area Guzan has to improve though, he seems a bit overwhelmed when playing behind a first choice back 4 and seems nervous about deciding what to do. He should get a lot better with experience though.

It's definitely an area Guzan has to improve though, he seems a bit overwhelmed when playing behind a first choice back 4 and seems nervous about deciding what to do. He should get a lot better with experience though

Experience and familiarity. I'm sure he'd do better if he was playing behind them every week. He'll be a good keeper when he's in the team regularly, although that's a way off yet given Big Brad's recent form.

Guzan was right imo, he wouldn't have made it, correct decision

He bottled it plain and simple. Friedel would have been all over that ball, Guzan took the cowardly way out by putting the onus on Carlos. Guzan never even attempted to come out.