General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I'm sure the board and its advisors worked very hard in the process of securing a new manager. Avoiding a flavour of the month name (who were likely to be unavailable anyway), I believe the board made the correct decision in setting out a criteria of requirements. Knowing what most of the factors would be it comes as no surprise to most of us that Mr Houllier got the job. I wish him every success in taking our club forward. He is a very privileged man.

General,

I would like to say I am a very proud Villa fan, the way the board has gone about appointing a manager is brilliant. Although I must admit that I was not totally please when I first heard GH would be our new leader, I have since had time to think and bielive that this is the best appointment possible at the time. Let's hope he does a brilliant job and can push us on to the next level, he has my full support.

UTV!

Hi General,

Glad to see that your thread has been re-opened.

I would like to ask you a couple of things.

1) Have you met and spoken with Gerard, and if so, what was your first impressions of him?

2) Are you a betting man? if so, I suggest you take advantage of the rather generous odds of 9 to 1 that Skybet are offering for Gerard Houllier to win a manager of the month award for any month of this, the 2010/11 season.

I hope that all goes well for Gerard and whoever else he brings in to help him manage the club. Up The Villa!!

Hi General,

Glad you are back. Just wanted to pass on my congratulations on getting a man to manage our club who has achieved so much in the game, and is so well respected by all at FIFA and UEFA. His knowledge of the game and contacts can only benefit us in the long run, even if we don't finish 6th this year.

I am very excited about the future, and if Gérard can put the same systems into place as he did at the 'pool, we will be a very successful club for many years to come.

Vivé la Revolution!

General, while the new site is a major improvement and the content is very good I'm disappointed not to see the entire Gerard Houllier press conference available front and center on the homepage. Instead we have just a snippet and are told we can watch it on AVTV. I think major announcements and press conferences for events like the signing of a star player or new manager should be freely accessible to all fans. What's more if it's taking place at the club there's no reason it shouldn't be streamed live off the site. AVTV should be the domain of behind the scenes looks and interviews not major announcements. Thoughts?

Hi General,

I'm very excited about the appoint of Mr Houllier and would like to thank your good self, Mr Lerner & Mr Faulkner for not letting us down. The media thought we would crumble after the MON fiasco but I firmly believe we as a club kept our heads above deep water during this mini crisis and came out sailing into the sunset a much better and stronger club for it. I believe it's all behind us now and week can continue to build the club into a consistent top 6 side with Mr Houllier steering us in the right direction.

Up the Villa General and keep up the good work.

What are your feelings on the following article?

Daily Mail:

Gerard Houllier's appointment as Aston Villa manager descended into farce on Friday as he admitted he has no idea when he will take charge.

The 63-year-old Frenchman was unveiled as Martin O'Neill's successor but confessed he is still to negotiate a departure date with his current employers, the French FA - and is yet to sign a contract at Villa.

Houllier compounded the sense of unease among Villa fans by revealing he has been turned down by three potential assistants.

He then scored a major PR own goal by describing his new team as belonging 'between seventh and 12th in the Premier League' - even though O'Neill took them to three successive sixth-placed finishes - adding: 'Villa is not a club on the same level as Liverpool.'

As unveilings go, it was light years away from the acclaim and excitement generated by O'Neill's arrival four years ago.

Then, 1,000 supporters had to be let into Villa Park to witness the event. On Friday, the media outnumbered interested supporters by a ratio of 30:1.

'I haven't signed a contract yet but for me it's a formality. My word is more important than what is signed,' said Houllier, who could be forced to serve three months notice with the French federation.

'I apologise. I can't get back for the Stoke game on Monday. I have meetings on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The other thing is that if I don't do the three months' notice, maybe I have to go back one day and maybe spend time there...

To me, it paints a picture of dampened expectations for the fans, the press and perhaps even the wider footballing community - no assistant yet? It's all very uncertain at the moment....

Im sorry, but how can someone be presented as being our manager even though he has another job and is yet to sign a contract and has no idea when he will start the new job? Quite frankly if this wasn't happening to Aston Villa i would be pissing myself at the whole sham this has become.

Please sort all this out before we become another Newcastle...oh wait yeah they beat us 6-0 didn't they.

Hi General,

Great job on the new manager and how it was handled, makes me proud to be a avfc supporter.

He seems really into the job and chomping at the bit to get in there.

As for the comments above, was all explained pretty well to me at the PC, don't see the problem.

The daily mail has just taken old comments mis-used them and made it looklike he said them today.

Usual!

Anyway welcome back and glad your break was not for to long.

General,

I'd like to know what's going on with the appointment of Gerard... It all seems a little strange at the moment considering he hasn't actually signed yet, and has been unveiled already, he could also end up with the FFF for another 3 months... What is the plan if that were to happen and he can't take charge?

Please tell me we have a Plan B in case this all goes to pot?

Just for the record, I support the appointment of Gerard 100%, I'd just like some clarification as to what is going on at the moment.