General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi General, it seems that the media hasn't got anything positive to say about AV at the moment, do you think this is because they don't have any real info to print so they decide to make stuff up.

Now they've printed about a 'player revolt' because of Houllier being in the running to take the managers job or DOF type of job at AV.

I'm not sure stories are true or untrue as it's hard to believe anything the media publish concerning AV right now, but if they're untrue will the club come out and dismiss them....Today? Tomorrow?

It just makes some fans uneasy hearing/reading stories that our players aren't happy about what is meant to be the future of our beloved football club.

Like I say, I don't disbelieve nor do I believe them....I would like to think everything is fine and dandy at our football club right now, but we're being gunned down at every attempt by the media.

I hope you can put some fans minds to rest, but if you can't, could you find out if anything will be said by club concerning these matters?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, i completely concur with crackers post above.

The Media are having a field day with us at the moment and however you may dismiss it or ignore it, it will have a detrimental effect when all people here is negative things about the club.

As a military man, you should understand why winning over peoples hearts and minds is important. Its proberly part of the reason as to why you post on here and other message boards.

The problem is General, that you are only talking to a small fraction of support. Not everybody goes on the internet, and a lot less bother with forums, so you are only getting your message across to a minority of our fan base.

The majority look at the summers events, sit down and read the sunday rags, and then ask what the shit is going on at their club!!

I speak to a lot of people who attend regularly. There is a creeping doubt on the clubs direction, and this media frenzy is making that feeling grow. You do still have the Majority on side, but its dwindling, and its dwindling because they feel the club is going back to the days of uncle Doug.

Its not their fault general. They have been fed this negative shit since March, whilst they have heared hardly anything from the club. Its all one way General, and your in danger of losing those hearts and minds.

The club really needs to address how it communicates to the majority of supporters instead of a few internet nerds, like me!!

Nows the time for the club to come out and settle peoples unrest, with a bold statement of intent for the future.

PS

Watched a program in the week about the 2nd Marines on Tarawa during WW II. The stories of self sacrifice and getting the job done was awe inspiring. We all who those guys an awful lot 8)

General,

First ever comment on this thread, Having read it all the way through.

I'd just like to say how sorry i am that you have to read the crap on this thread.

I for one, would like to say Thankyou to both you and Randy on the running of this club, and the investment and time you have put into it. I can remember the days of O Dreary and Ellis, what a change you have made.

I thank you for being the finest owners in the prem. Forget all this Billionaire 170k a week nonsense. You have run this club properly from the word go, and not let one person be bigger than the club itself.

Would much rather have owners like yourself than the idiots at Eastlands.

Thankyou again General, long may your and Randys reign Continue.

Well done on Houllier, General, good choice. Might not be the biggest name, but we could have done a lot worse. Here's to a bright future with exciting football, and a manager prepared to look abroad for signings (hopefully).

Never posted on here before but have read all the rubbish and overreaction from the last few weeks

A good appointment, not a brilliant manager but with the options we realistically had in difficult circumstances, a good choice

Hope life on here gets a little easier for you now!

Houllier is a decent manager, but he won't get Aston Villa champions league football for that we need a great manager.

I am sure I will be amougst the majority of villa fans in believing that houillier will fail here. I would be happier with Mcdonald.

General, a few posts back I said actions speak louder then words and IMO if Houllier is the man then you have made a shrewd appointment and has signalled a certain amount of ambition. Time will tell whether he will be successful but I feel that he has the reputation to make everyone realise that we are still serious about going forward as a club.

General with all the speculation that Gerald Houiller is imminently to become our next manager, if it happens, I for one will give him my full backing.

I have not passed one negative comment because the guy needs to be given our support & the encouragement of the fans..... and I think some of the harsh reactions by many has been premature and completely unwarranted.

However I would like to make the point that I personally do not want to see Aston Villa FC lose our British player core & ethos of developing young mainly English talent. We've bucked the trend and many fans of other teams comment on this to me as a Villa supporter living t'up North, saying they admire what we've tried to do. I for one do not want to see us turned into yet another premiership team full of foreign players whoever our manager is.

General,

Please do tell Randy that he is a hero and that most of us couldn't be more behind him and his stewardship of the club.

Under normal circumstances, I would fear that these could be unsettling times for AVFC. With Randy at the helm, I know that we will come out the other side.

Some people seem to have forgotten that football isn't all plain sailing (in particular those posters who insist on smugly referring to themselves as customers). I truly believe that this board has the interests of the club firmly at heart, and I wish all of you good luck with this most difficult of managerial decisions.

Hi General - if Randy appoints Houllier, you would have been true to your word and appointed the best person possible for the job. He has plenty of experience, and I'm sure will get the team playing good football and not only that will be able to attract the very best footballers possible to Villa Park. Congrats and chin up, some of this lot are making us all depressed and I'm sure GH will get a brilliant reception at Villa Park.

General Krulak here:

1. Having spent a good deal of time trying to keep Fans up to date on the current situation at the Club...and having many of my comments end up in the Press (normally out of context or simply misquoted and wrong)...and having some on the site either 1) not believe me or 2) continue to say the same things after being provided the best facts I can give, I have decided to drop off this site until things have settled down a bit. It is unfair to the Club to have me misquoted in the paper...and it is unfair to the Fans. As I have said all along, Randy will do the best he can to get the "right" man for the job. There is not much more I can say.

Probably for the best General that you bow out for a while.

If rumours that Phil Thomson is to get a coaching role at Aston Villa, a man who in the last couple of weeks said a club like Aston Villa was over achieving finishing 6th and as over the years been very condescending towards us, you could have expected a fair bit of abuse to be posted on this thread.

Heres hoping when you return we will have a manager/coaching staff in place who have the ability to take us forward, who believe that Aston Villa are worthy of being among the elite in this country and see it as an honour to be involved with such a great club.