LC: SF Blackburn a Match Thread 2010/01/14 20:00

limpid

I'd imagine they'd try and make a decision before the majority of the Villa fans leave? Offical travel leaves at 2:30 I think, so if they've got any consideration for our fans I'd expect a decision before then but it probably doesn't come down to that. :P

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the forecast, the bad weather is expected tonight up untill mid-morning. Then, apparently, sunny spells should hit the area and (hopefully) improve the conditions. Therefore, it doesn't sound as if it's going to be snowing right up untill kick-off and they should be able to make a decision by early afternoon I would have thought.

Let's just pray they don't call it off.

AVFC-Prideofbrum wrote:

In fact, I'd love to see:

---------------Guzan-------------------

Young---Collins---Dunne---Warnock

--------------Reo-Coker---------------

--------Milner-----------Delph---------

---Downing----------------------Young

----------------Agbonlahor------------

on the bus on the way to blackburn for our semi-final tomorrow!!good bit of banter flying...

about 5 hours ago from mobile web

^^ James Collins on Twitter.

I'd love to travel on the team coach to a game, bet they have a right laugh! Can see Gabby and Ash at the back messing around. Friedel sat at the front trying to do his crossword!

On topic, it better go ahead im buzzing about it and its been hard enough to wait this long. The pitch will be fine but its the surrounding areas, people can look after themselves!

Hope we go 4-5-1 tomo. Away from home lets just pass the ball around, get some crunching tackles in midfield when necessary and use our pace and dead ball ability to get a couple of goals, no need for 4-4-2 in my opinion, I think we tried that in our loss there this season. To that end a midfield of NRC, Petrov and Milner with Young and Downing out wide and Gabby up front will do the trick.

Cue 4-4-2! :?

to be honest lads i think it should go ahead, i mean im not far from blackburn now and its raining, so unless it gets considerably colder tomorrow i think it should be fine

Funnily enough its raining here too !!!

Are you going tomorrow?

I am meeting up with fellow Villan in Preston and going from there.

I heard Milner is a doubt... I'm weighing up our options with what formation we should use... 4-4-2 would be Young - Petrov - Coker - Downing; or, we could go with 5 in the middle and play Young - Petrov (holding) - Coker - Delph - Downing.

I'd feel more confident of winning this if we play 4-5-1...

I think if O'Neill played 442 at Blackburn he will hardly go 451 at Blackburn. I think he will go all-out for the advantage at Ewood park, thereby forcing them to play an open game at Villa Park leaving themselves open for counter-attack.

The last thing we want at VP is a team shutting up shop and playing for a 0-0 draw - we don't cope well with this scenario.

That said, I wonder what psychological effect of having Brad Guzan in the team will have on the opposition. Given his growing reputation as a penalty wizard it might be that playing for the penalty shootout would be the last thing they'd want to do.

If we go 4-5-1

--------------------Guzan--------------------

Young------Cuellar----Dunne-----Warnock

-------------------Petrov---------------------

---------------NRC-----Delph----------------

Young-------------------------------Downing

-----------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Bench: Friedel, Beye, Collins, Sidwell, Albrighton, Heskey, Carew

If we go 4-4-2 (which I expect)

--------------------Guzan--------------------

Young------Cuellar----Dunne-----Warnock

---------------NRC-----Petrov----------------

Young-------------------------------Downing

---------Agbonlahor------Heskey------------

Bench: Friedel, Beye, Collins, Delph, Sidwell, Carew, Delfouneso

Assuming of course that Milner is unavailable and Gardner won't be in the squad so he isn't cup tied.

Based in Manchester so can't speak for Blackburn. However the snow here right now is absolutely incredible. I've not seen snow like this, ever. Well I have in movies. Lucky the united city game is Wednesday as it would be touch and go for people safety if it was tomorrow. Honestly guys, he snow has literally poured down for the past 4 hours or so and it doesn't look like it's gonna stop. I imagine Blackburn will be the same.

lol its funny u guys talking about it pouring snow causing the game to be called off while right now i have the air con on while its 40degrees outside gotta love Australian weather.

But back to the point how long before the game are matches usually called off before scheduled kick off?