The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

13 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It's amazing really and quite a feat that Khan has achieved so much without ever really having the basics tied down such as not reaching and keeping his chin tucked in. For all his amateur success it's sad that he's never been taught a proper step jab where he slides with it, feet underneath him. One of many flaws he has that's never been ironed out. He throws punches from way too far out.  His head always comes over his front foot and more often than not he gets clipped then. Crawford's ring IQ so much higher than Khan's. Just little things like understanding how to crouch on the inside and tucking the chin in. Great athlete Khan. Poor boxer.

I still don't understand how Khan even got. Shot at crawford I mean seriously khans been shit for many many years. Crawfofd would have finished him off in that or next round or not. 

He quit simple as he could have taken the full five minutes and gave up after 45 seconds. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I still don't understand how Khan even got. Shot at crawford I mean seriously khans been shit for many many years. Crawfofd would have finished him off in that or next round or not. 

He quit simple as he could have taken the full five minutes and gave up after 45 seconds. 

Lack of opponents. Spence , Thurman, Porter, Danny Garcia - all with al haymon and fight on a different network. Haymon and Arum ( Crawford's promoter ) don't do business. Crawford is basically locked out at the minute. Arum has no other top welterweights for him to fight really. I've heard crawford-brook been bandied about. Not a bad fight.

Abel Sanchez really throwing his toys out of the pram after golovkin ditched him as his trainer. He's acting like he took Golovkin from the streets and built him up. Golovkin was a highly decorated amateur and was ready to fight Felix Sturm in his 8 pro fight but was blocked. They had a professional relationship. Not a father , son one lije Sanchez trying to make out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hunters pulled out hence why they haven't revealed AJs opponent yet. Trying to get a fight with ruiz now. That's the likely fight. 

Ruiz isn't the most aesthetically pleasing boxer ( i.e he's a fat mess ) but he can bang and take a shot. Lost a close enough fight to Parker for a world title in new Zealand a few years ago. By the halfway stage of this year Joshua, Wilder and Fury will have done absolutely nothing noteworthy in 2019. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Ruiz isn't the most aesthetically pleasing boxer ( i.e he's a fat mess ) but he can bang and take a shot. Lost a close enough fight to Parker for a world title in new Zealand a few years ago. By the halfway stage of this year Joshua, Wilder and Fury will have done absolutely nothing noteworthy in 2019. 

I can't comment on ruiz I've never seen him box. But I agree the heavyweight division is slowly dying. I guess usyk coming up to heavyweight adds abit. Maybe ward might come up to heavyweight soon too. 

Suprised hunter pulled out tbh. 

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

And to think this could have been a golden era for the division if people in positions of power really wanted it.

That’s the biggest disappointment really, what could have been...

It's such a shame seeing boxers waste their prime years sitting around for six months before fighting a nobody, I can't understand why they're happy to do this, I'd want to be fighting at least 3 times a year in my prime as it's over so quickly.

36 minutes ago, will87 said:

It's such a shame seeing boxers waste their prime years sitting around for six months before fighting a nobody, I can't understand why they're happy to do this, I'd want to be fighting at least 3 times a year in my prime as it's over so quickly.

Boxing has been corrupted so much by businessmen (Eddie Hearn a great modern day example) such that it can barely qualify as a 'sport' these days. If you can get away with fighting once a year and frequently against guys who are no where near the best in your division whilst earning a lot of money then such as easy way out will be extremely appealing. 

So Ruiz Jr it is then. Let's be honest, the pick wasn't great. Hearn said he offered Ortiz 5 million and his promoter rejected it. Shocking if true. Serious coin, i don't care how you look at it. Something about Cubans that defect though, they are money obsessed when they break the shackles of the communist amateur set up.

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So Ruiz Jr it is then. Let's be honest, the pick wasn't great. Hearn said he offered Ortiz 5 million and his promoter rejected it. Shocking if true. Serious coin, i don't care how you look at it. Something about Cubans that defect though, they are money obsessed when they break the shackles of the communist amateur set up.

Yeah not a shock as I wss told this after hunter bottled it. 

The ortiz thing is very true. It wasnt just money he said it wasn't enough preparation time. Very poor for ortiz. 

As for ruiz never seen him box but geez is he out of shape or what.? But one loser to Parker so a impressive record. 

Hs he fought anyone else barring Parker worth mentioning. 

As for that fat oaf Miller hope he never gets a title shot. 

On 01/05/2019 at 14:35, Demitri_C said:

Hs he fought anyone else barring Parker worth mentioning. 

Not really. He disappeared for a year after the Parker fight and since then Kevin Johnson took him 10 rounds. Zumbano Love went 8 rounds with him after he fought AJ. AJ dispatched both of them in round 2. Dimitrenko did a heavy bag impression before quitting on his stool after 5 rounds against him recently. He's durable but it's hard to see anything other than Ruiz just eating jabs all night and getting stopped like Breazeale for me.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Good fight between canelo and Jacobs. Had canelo just on my cards. A canelo triple g three has to happen

why? so ggg can get mugged off again by a drug user

If there is one boxer I would love to see get brutally ko'd it's Canelo. He is a cheat and you never get fair judging when he is in the ring, he is a word removed

• Like 2

There's something extremely unlikable about Canelo, aside from the dark forces that are behind him I hate his stupid **** face, ginger hair and personality. I felt he won last night mind, it was a good and highly competitive fight but Jacobs started far too slowly. Not sure I care to see a third fight with Golovkin, Golovkin won the first two to but he's old now, can't see him legitimately winning a third and Canelo chin is in fairness absolutely granite. 

Not sure where Canelo gets unstuck at the current weight, there isn't a huge amount of talent at 160, I always felt Andrade had the tools to beat him but he has never stepped up to a good level and must be in his early 30s now. Canelo may get unstuck at 168 but can't see him ever going in the ring with a top guy at that weight. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â