The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's something extremely unlikable about Canelo, aside from the dark forces that are behind him I hate his stupid **** face, ginger hair and personality. I felt he won last night mind, it was a good and highly competitive fight but Jacobs started far too slowly. Not sure I care to see a third fight with Golovkin, Golovkin won the first two to but he's old now, can't see him legitimately winning a third and Canelo chin is in fairness absolutely granite. 

Not sure where Canelo gets unstuck at the current weight, there isn't a huge amount of talent at 160, I always felt Andrade had the tools to beat him but he has never stepped up to a good level and must be in his early 30s now. Canelo may get unstuck at 168 but can't see him ever going in the ring with a top guy at that weight. 

Canelo andrade would be. A good fight I think. If he goes up canelo vs billy Joe Saunders would eb a good fight to watch. 

But i agree if he goes up can't see him fighting any of the bug boys. 

I'd prefer he went down and fought spence 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Canelo andrade would be. A good fight I think. If he goes up canelo vs billy Joe Saunders would eb a good fight to watch. 

But i agree if he goes up can't see him fighting any of the bug boys. 

I'd prefer he went down and fought spence 

Like jumping up and down weights is a piece of piss ? It's not the WWE, can't just say " oooh id like to see them right ". Canelo doesn't make 154 in a million years now. Spence probably will go there in another year or 2. But he's never a middleweight. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's something extremely unlikable about Canelo, aside from the dark forces that are behind him I hate his stupid **** face, ginger hair and personality. I felt he won last night mind, it was a good and highly competitive fight but Jacobs started far too slowly. Not sure I care to see a third fight with Golovkin, Golovkin won the first two to but he's old now, can't see him legitimately winning a third and Canelo chin is in fairness absolutely granite. 

Not sure where Canelo gets unstuck at the current weight, there isn't a huge amount of talent at 160, I always felt Andrade had the tools to beat him but he has never stepped up to a good level and must be in his early 30s now. Canelo may get unstuck at 168 but can't see him ever going in the ring with a top guy at that weight. 

I can't take to him either. Some great boxing skills, I'll admit, but any talent he has will always be soured by the steroid scandal, which seems, conveniently, to have been erased from boxing history. Not a murmur of him being a cheat, oh, I do apologize, he inadvertently consumed contaminated meat. Golden Boy are  a disgrace and should be exposed for the corrupt, nasty, vindictive organization, they are.

• Like 1

Didn't think there was much in the Canelo - Jacobs fight at all. He probably did just shade it.

All the Froch hate on twitter made me laugh, yes he isn't the best pundit (I wish they would use Malignaggi when they can) but people slagging him off who have never put on a boxing glove in their life vs someone who has been in the game for 20 odd years and pretty much reached the top of his weight division, I think he has a inkling of how a boxing match works and is playing out.

Also agree on not really taking to Alvarez, unfortunately I think its purely the fact that he doesn't speak English. Not saying he should have to but it just means you get 0% of his personality.

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Didn't think there was much in the Canelo - Jacobs fight at all. He probably did just shade it.

All the Froch hate on twitter made me laugh, yes he isn't the best pundit (I wish they would use Malignaggi when they can) but people slagging him off who have never put on a boxing glove in their life vs someone who has been in the game for 20 odd years and pretty much reached the top of his weight division, I think he has a inkling of how a boxing match works and is playing out.

Also agree on not really taking to Alvarez, unfortunately I think its purely the fact that he doesn't speak English. Not saying he should have to but it just means you get 0% of his personality.

Froch genuinely comes across as though he has never boxed before, a classic example of how being a sportsman (even an elite one) doesn't translate into becoming a good pundit, see it all the time in football and it's probably worse in boxing.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Froch genuinely comes across as though he has never boxed before, a classic example of how being a sportsman (even an elite one) doesn't translate into becoming a good pundit, see it all the time in football and it's probably worse in boxing.

I agree he is terrible. Even bellew is better than him as a pundit and that don't say much. 

They talking about canelo fighting Smith at a field next. Think Smith is way too big for canelo tbh. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree he is terrible. Even bellew is better than him as a pundit and that don't say much. 

They talking about canelo fighting Smith at a field next. Think Smith is way too big for canelo tbh. 

Nothing a bit of steroids won't sort out.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What a scary little dude that Inoue is. Left Rodriguez, who is world class, in serious pain after that stoppage. Donaire don't need that. At his age. Oh he's gonna get destroyed.

Mike Costello has been saying for a while that Inoue is easily in top three pound for pound. 

Haven't seen tonight yet, but to win in 2 is very impressive 

51 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Mike Costello has been saying for a while that Inoue is easily in top three pound for pound. 

The frightening thing is he isn't just beating bums. He is absolutely dismantling world class fighters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It was an absolute demolition job. Manny Rodriguez was 19-0 going into the fight, he was the defending WBO Champion and had never even been down before. Inoue absolutely annihilated him in the second round, he's got Naseem Hamed levels of punching power. He'll definitely be able to carry it up a couple more divisions because at the moment he's basically a sledgehammer cracking walnuts. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

It was an absolute demolition job. Manny Rodriguez was 19-0 going into the fight, he was the defending WBO Champion and had never even been down before. Inoue absolutely annihilated him in the second round, he's got Naseem Hamed levels of punching power. He'll definitely be able to carry it up a couple more divisions because at the moment he's basically a sledgehammer cracking walnuts. 

This was the first time i heard of Naoya Inoue. I knew who omar narvaez was. Long reigning super flyweight champion who had made an insane number of defences. Did step up in weight to fight Donaire and lost on points. Never hurt. But at super flyweight he was the man. Legend really. Never been dropped. Inoue had 7 fights going into this. He stopped Narvaez in 2 rounds and at the time of the stoppage Narvaez was practically crawling on the ground bowled over in pain. Inoue should be inside every top 5 p4p list .

• Like 3

well that 2 minutes wasn't worth staying up for.

Only Wilder can nearly get himself knocked out in the first 2 minutes of a fight trying to knock out someone else who can barely stand.

Great KO punch as ever but that crazy windmilling is going to get him sparked out at some point

The wbc absolutely sucks and makes themselves a laughing stock by doing crappy fights like this. Dilian whyte should have got his shot he was mandatory. 

He would have put up more than breazeale did. 

It was a beautiful shot. I think if he lands that on anybody they are in big trouble.  

@mikeyp102

Inoue fight up on Sky Sports YouTube channel. First bell is at 09:30. 

• Like 2

I've been posting about Inoune on here for years, delighted to see him getting more recognition, he's exceptional and will wipe the floor with Donaire. Only fight at this weight I'd be interested in seeing is against Zoltan Tete who will pose some very interesting problems with his size. Inoune will probably, and quite rightly, go up to junior featherweight next and he will clean up there, I also think he can go to featherweight and be very successful, that weight will just about be his limit.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â