The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Seen a good interview with Adam Smith the head of boxing on sky. The interviewer put it too him that now that Hearn has 2 paymasters in sky and dazn to keep happy he seems to be going out of his way with all his US cards and 3 and 4 am UK time live boxing to keep dazn happy. Dazn are paying Hearn a truckload of cash right now but sky gave Hearn his platform. He would of being nothing without them. If dazn move into the UK market it's basically the end of sky and Hearns working relationship. Smith basically saying if Hearn doesn't prioritise Sky ( more UK cards , 7 - 11 pm sat night live boxing) they won't be happy.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Adam Smith is an absolute word removed, hate the guy, always trying to sell something, never about the sport. Sky have destroyed boxing in this country.

I liked it better when they gave dates to various uk promoters. Ever since they signed an exclusivity deal 6 or 7 years ago with Hearn and matchroom to put on all their uk cards - bad idea. And matchroom have sky by the proverbials now. Sky are scared shitless of loosing the darts. ITV are big into it. BBC have started showing a PDC event over the last few years that's doing big numbers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ali got disqualified for biting price on The chest. Seriously where do they find these utter clowns?

Can someone just put the nail in Price's career soon please? One more brutal KO will do it. Fed up of the sight of him.

If ya never watched boxing before and tuned into SSN,  jim white would have you convinced crolla could beat lomachenko. Man could sell sand to the arabs.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If ya never watched boxing before and tuned into SSN,  jim white would have you convinced crolla could beat lomachenko. Man could see sand to the arabs.

Crolla is going to get massacred and I cannot wait.

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a joke fight really. This is an Arum promoted card on ESPN in the states. Last weekend his headline fight pitted a Romanian against a Bulgarian - in the US ! His cards are shit on ESPN. They must be throwing money at him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2019 at 21:57, Dr_Pangloss said:

Why? I’ve listened to a few interviews recently of Crolla and he seems a genuinely nice guy. Loma is obviously streets ahead, but I hope Crolla gives a good account of himself and doesn’t get hurt.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Just as we all expected. Complete mis match. 

What i don't understand is what the ref was doing it shod have been stopped dthe round before. 

You don't stop fights because someone gets hurt, also I love watching Eddie Hearn fighters get wiped out. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You don't stop fights because someone gets hurt, also I love watching Eddie Hearn fighters get wiped out. 

The thing is he looked out of it, the ref was crazy. Corolla could have been seriously injured

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is he looked out of it, the ref was crazy. Corolla could have been seriously injured

Maybe he got a whisper that the Mafia had a bet on the fight ending in the 4th? Crolla was out in the third, when he watches the video he has every right to question just how interested in his safety the referee (and indeed his corner) were because he was getting annihilated. 

Â