The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Wow, was not expecting to wake up to that result. 

the thought of Eddie Hearn's plans to make loads more money being crushed has made me chuckle. 

where does this leave Joshua? Surely he has to have a rematch and try and get his belts back?!? Otherwise, he has no bargaining power in getting any fights against Wilder or Fury. 

still chuckling at Hearn though.... I just can't take to him..

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Wow, was not expecting to wake up to that result. 

the thought of Eddie Hearn's plans to make loads more money being crushed has made me chuckle. 

where does this leave Joshua? Surely he has to have a rematch and try and get his belts back?!? Otherwise, he has no bargaining power in getting any fights against Wilder or Fury. 

still chuckling at Hearn though.... I just can't take to him..

I imagine he'll rematch him pretty swiftly and in the UK too.

Hearns moneybags bargaining power has gone up in flames. 

AJ was pathetic in This fight. Just hardly boxed. Deserved loser. 

I think it's safe to say aj will get obliterated by wilder after seeing that. 

• Like 1

Could be a bad day at the office, or problems behind the scenes we are not aware of. Either way, major problems for Joshua and Hearn. 

I think AJ needs to fight and beat Ruiz in the US to retain any credibility going forwards.

Probably regrets pricing himself out of the big fights now.  :trollface:

AJ was well beaten too. This wasn't a lucky single shot, it was a beatdown. I'm pretty sure AJ thought he'd won after that knockdown at the start of the third, he thought he could walk though the fat man and blow him away and that left hook was something he had no answer for. He looked gassed after that point, he looked outmatched physically and he looks like he can't live with a brawler. Even if he wins the rematch (and there will be a rematch, right?) it changes the terms of everything. He has to go cap in hand to Deontay and Fury now. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joshua is a bum then, lost to a C level heavyweight would get school and destroyed by Fury and Wilder respectively. Also took quite the beating, his career is pretty much over, I always said Wilder would knock him out and you can see why that would be the case, hype job.

Incidentally Joshua has never looked good against shorter opponents, he had far too much of a hard time with Takam, with that fight getting stopped for no good reason and Takem being able to land a good amount of shots on him, Povetkin rocked Joshua early and had a lot of success offensively as well.

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

he had far too much of a hard time with Takam, with that fight getting stopped for no good reason 

I watched that again yesterday and it's still infuriating. Takam was well and truly screwed over in that fight.

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Joshua is a bum then, lost to a C level heavyweight would get school and destroyed by Fury and Wilder respectively. 

Does this increase or decrease the chances of those fights now happening do you think? Or does it depend on the outcome of the rematch?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Does this increase or decrease the chances of those fights now happening do you think? Or does it depend on the outcome of the rematch?

He brings nothing to the table so decreases. Not even clear there will be a rematch with Ruiz, depends on the contract.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He brings nothing to the table so decreases. Not even clear there will be a rematch with Ruiz, depends on the contract.

The belts will be the draw, so Wilder and Fury will be offering the cash to Ruiz to fight them instead. 

Usually talk of a rematch is immediate so I’m wondering if it’s not in the contract.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The belts will be the draw, so Wilder and Fury will be offering the cash to Ruiz to fight them instead. 

Usually talk of a rematch is immediate so I’m wondering if it’s not in the contract.

I mean Joshua, he brings nothing to the table without the belts, Fury and Wilder will be climbing over themselves to take Ruiz titles, easy fight for either of them.

• Like 1

Â