The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

The 117-109 card wasn’t far off the mark in my opinion. I watched the American stream and that’s pretty much how Al Bernstein saw it. Apart from the first I’m not sure how you could give anything to degale he was absolutely awful.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Eubank looked better, mainly less wild and throwing shorter punches. But DeGale is clearly a shot fighter, his balance wasn't there and he was gun shy, just couldn't get any offence off, which is the hallmark of a shot fighter. 

Yep. When your getting absolutely out fought out boxed and just frankly humiliated by eubank Jr it's time to call it a day. He is also so unlikeable as a person I'll be glad to see the back of him. Eubank wants Smith next it seems. Easy win for Smith. 

On a side not what the hell was eubank Sr on about post match? He seemed like he was on drugs talking about himself and absolute nonsense. 

I'm looking forward to see how canelo does against Danny Jacobs. That's going to be a hard fight for canelo I think. 

Fury wilder is off too predictably so they can get more hype and money later on in the year. Wss hoping fury wouldn't be a sellout either but sadly he is. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Fury wilder is off too predictably so they can get more hype and money later on in the year. Wss hoping fury wouldn't be a sellout either but sadly he is. 

I'm sure that Fury will actually be a bit annoyed about it too but ESPN won't want his 0 going anytime soon and can't blame him/them for 80 million quid i guess

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t think that fight will ever happen again. The interview Fury did when he signed the tv deal indicated that he has already had his “big” fights. It’s slightly hypocritical of fury (not that you can blame him with the money involved), as he previously said that he fights for the prestige not money and wants to beat everyone in the division, yet as soon as he gets a money offer he goes against it.

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up , ITV 4 this weekend, even though it's the early hours Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia. Great fight for freeview tv. To put it into context, it's on FOX PPV in the states. Proper trade fight this. Casuals will be meh....but anyone who is really into the fight game will want to watch this ( even though Garcia is jumping up 2 weights ) Be a fool to right Garcia off. His boxing smarts and boxing brain won't allow any fighter to dominate him, regardless of weight. Spence is a special fighter too. Should take this by 2 or 3 rounds. Think Mikey starts too slow this weekend out of respect with who he s in with . Unless he gets obliterated it's literally a no lose situation for him. He's not likely to stay at welterweight regardless of the outcome so big fights aplenty for him.

• Like 1

Â