The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You don't stop fights because someone gets hurt, also I love watching Eddie Hearn fighters get wiped out. 

You do stop fights though when a fighter is getting punched heavily and not answering back. Utterly pointless giving him a standing 8 count, he was done. Don't think Hearn will be too put out, wasn't even a matchroom show. End of the road for crolla. Not the worst of them in fairness, humble likeable guy who'll go away quietly and has made a few quid which is good. He's more tolerable than bellew. What an absolute word removed he is. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/8886879/anthony-joshuas-jarrell-miller-denied-licence-failed-drugs-test/

ANTHONY JOSHUA's fight with Jarrell Miller is officially off after the American was denied a license to fight.

AJ can begin the search for a new opponent for his June 1 fight scheduled to be at Madison Square Garden.

The New York State Athletic Commission refused the Brooklyner a licence to challenge for Joshua’s WBA, IBF and WBO world titles.

Miller is awaiting the results of his 'B' sample and could still reapply for his license.

AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn had previously stated a shortlist of opponents to potentially replace Miller had begun, though they were waiting for a conclusive result on the test.

That wait has been cut with the news Miller will not be granted the right to box in New York - as Hearn claimed moving from Madison Square Garden was simply not an option.

Joshua’s fight date was initially set for April 13 at Wembley, however, after failing to reach an agreement with Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte - Team AJ looked Stateside.

Despite being a fourth option, Miller drummed up interest in the pay-per-view bout by managing to drag Watford’s unified champ into a trash-talking battle.

One of Miller’s memorable press-conference jibes to AJ was accusing the 2012 Olympic gold medallist of doping after joining the pro ranks.

Now that accusation has fallen flat on the face of “Big Baby” who now sees a reported £4million career high pay-day down the drain.

For Joshua this is not unfamiliar territory - in October 2017 he saw an IBF mandatory defence switch from Kubrat Pulev to Carlos Takam on two weeks notice.

Joshua ended the fight in 10 rounds but his usual dominance was not present, having dealt with a complete change of style.

LOL 

Edited by AshVilla

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If there's one boxer out there who is the very opposite of the image of PEDs it's Miller. 

Agreed, but you’d think it’s real. Hearn would be open to all slander charges if not. Plus Miller has been caught before when doing kickboxing 

So who comes in for Miller? You'd hope AJ would have had someone on standby just in case, but there's no way he can fight Miller now. 

Also Khan- Crawford.  I suspect this is Khan's last big fight.  He'll look good for a few rounds before getting stopped in the middle/late rounds.  

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

So who comes in for Miller? You'd hope AJ would have had someone on standby just in case, but there's no way he can fight Miller now. 

Also Khan- Crawford.  I suspect this is Khan's last big fight.  He'll look good for a few rounds before getting stopped in the middle/late rounds.  

I'd like to see them give it to Oscar Rivas. Unbeaten. Can bang. Owns a credible win over Bryant Jennings. Sky seem to really be pushing for Michael Hunter ( even going so far as to say he lost a SD to Usyk. He lost by 7 rounds on all 3 cards ) Plus was at cruiserweight. He's barely a heavyweight. Shame on any HW though who is offered it and turns it down. 7 weeks notice is loads of time. Ya don't gotta make weight. It was a shit fight anyway. Miller is an obese, undisciplined joke. 

Crawford won't lose to Khan. If he does lose someday it won't be to somebody as fundamentally flawed as Khan. He does so many things wrong. A special fighter ( the ilk of Spence ) troubles Crawford. Not Khan.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

6 hours ago, The_Rev said:

For me he took the Crawford fight knowing that he’d get a bit pay out from it and still be able to get the fight without Brook afterwards. If he’d just gone on to Brook first he’d never get the Crawford one afterwards. 

5 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I'd like to see them give it to Oscar Rivas. Unbeaten. Can bang. Owns a credible win over Bryant Jennings. Sky seem to really be pushing for Michael Hunter ( even going so far as to say he lost a SD to Usyk. He lost by 7 rounds on all 3 cards ) Plus was at cruiserweight. He's barely a heavyweight. Shame on any HW though who is offered it and turns it down. 7 weeks notice is loads of time. Ya don't gotta make weight. It was a shit fight anyway. Miller is an obese, undisciplined joke. 

Bbc podcast seem to think Hunter or Kownacki will be the chosen.  Neither are really going to launch AJ’s American career, but then that could also be said about Fury’s opponent (but he does have that Wilder fight to boost american viewers).

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bbc podcast seem to think Hunter or Kownacki will be the chosen.  Neither are really going to launch AJ’s American career, but then that could also be said about Fury’s opponent (but he does have that Wilder fight to boost american viewers).

I think AJ would beat the crap out of Kownacki. The guy can punch but he's a take one to give one fighter.  Would sell tickets though, Kownacki popular on the east coast with all the polish . AJ should of stayed at home and fought Whyte again. 

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure it's actually him Dem if you search Fury knocked out on Youtube you'll see it.

This the one Hunter said he beat fury up in sparring ? Hate when fighters tell sparring stories. 

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure it's actually him Dem if you search Fury knocked out on Youtube you'll see it.

Yeah I've seen it. It's definitely not him. Looks way too slim and the face is different but I can see the resemblance. 

17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So another fat shit and drug cheat.

The fat prick has admitted 'he messed up' 

Hope that mug never gets another shot 

Â