The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

He will be judged now on who he fights next he's had a testing fight and come through it but i expect to see him against top level opponents next

If he fights someone like Chisora it will just be a step backwards

I hate Joshua because of his body its rediculous and i'm green with envy 

Edited by AshVilla

Not overly impressed with Joshua to be perfectly honest. He has very good power but also has a very long way to go, someone like Fury would make him look like a mug. 

Joshua clearly gassed, I've always questioned his stamina and tonight it looked quite poor, he needs better conditioning, he's too muscular and top heavy, he either needs to find some way to improve his stamina, or revert to a much more economical style. kind of like what Wladimir Klitschko did. 

On top of that the guy is as stiff as a board, no head movement, was eating a jab from a much smaller guy most of the fight and his stiffness lead him to getting hurt once or twice. Massive work in progress and doesn't justify the hype at this stage, but that won't stop fat Eddie Hearn and Sky keeping the train rolling. He's good, but I haven't seen any potential 'greatness' in the guy by any stretch of the imagination. 

In many ways, Joshua was fortunate that Whyte gassed before he did. Whyte is simply too fat, needs much better S+C training, as from round 3 onward most of his power punches were pushed rather than actually 'thrown'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure what we've learned there - there's a couple of question marks left on Eubank - does he hit hard enough to knock people out and did he have the energy to keep that up?

He's an excellent athlete but a shitty boxer, he has the wrong trainer, he needs someone to teach him technique and how to actually box, Booth is a good motivator but doesn't have the first clue about technique. 

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's an excellent athlete but a shitty boxer, he has the wrong trainer, he needs someone to teach him technique and how to actually box, Booth is a good motivator but doesn't have the first clue about technique. 

I think Eubank's problem is that he thinks that he's cleverer than boxing, it's almost like he believes that he can be better than established technique. He'd rather do it his way than learn; which makes him an idiot and is a shame, because he has the tools to be very very good - or at least he probably does, he landed a careers worth of uppercuts tonight and didn't take his man out, you have to wonder if that's testament to O'Sullivan's chin or if Eubank doesn't hit hard enough.

• Like 1

Not overly impressed with Joshua to be perfectly honest. He has very good power but also has a very long way to go, someone like Fury would make him look like a mug. 

Joshua clearly gassed, I've always questioned his stamina and tonight it looked quite poor, he needs better conditioning, he's too muscular and top heavy, he either needs to find some way to improve his stamina, or revert to a much more economical style. kind of like what Wladimir Klitschko did. 

On top of that the guy is as stiff as a board, no head movement, was eating a jab from a much smaller guy most of the fight and his stiffness lead him to getting hurt once or twice. Massive work in progress and doesn't justify the hype at this stage, but that won't stop fat Eddie Hearn and Sky keeping the train rolling. He's good, but I haven't seen any potential 'greatness' in the guy by any stretch of the imagination. 

In many ways, Joshua was fortunate that Whyte gassed before he did. Whyte is simply too fat, needs much better S+C training, as from round 3 onward most of his power punches were pushed rather than actually 'thrown'. 

Completly agree with everthing said here

• Like 1

Nonsense mate, Porter is an outstanding win and Brook did a real job on him, have any welterweights had a win as good as that of late? The answer of course is no. That win alone cements him as one of the top welterweights around. Khan has not had a win as good as that in 5 years, in fact, he's arguably not ever had a win as good as that. Maidana is hardly as good a boxer as Porter, and at the time of his fight with Khan was not even as good as he was/is under Robert Garcia. Garcia got him working behind a jab and throwing feints, the Maidana against Khan was a crude plodder with two punches, an uppercut and an overhand right. Khan goes life and death with him.  

Giving Khan credit for getting sparked out by Garcia is hilarious. Brook is a top welterweight, end of story, and is rightly ranked above Khan by any sane list. 

Also, when Garcia fought Khan he was a nobody, he wasn't 'feared' for anything, he was an enormous underdog, go find the odds - Khan was a -700 whilst Garcia was a +500 LOL. He was extremely unheralded, he was absolutely NOT a feared puncher. He was considered nothing more than a solid, basic boxer who Khan was supposed to absolutely run through. Remember, Garcia was the stand in guy for Peterson, who had failed a drug test. It was supposed to be Khan - Peterson 2. 

Garcia prior to Khan, barely got past an old and fat Eric Morales, basically relying on an 11th round knockdown to get the win. If you can find the HBO full fight coverage (including the pre-fight program) you will see how they were not giving Garcia a cat in hells chance. Now if Garcia was a feared puncher and even particularly highly rated it would have gotten a much better treatment. The fight was supposed to be a formality for Khan, it's only after this fight that Garcia became a big name. Although of late he and his team have done a lot to undo all of the hard work he put in to smash Khan to pieces and beat Matthysse.

I didnt say Khan was above Brook in any rankings.

Viewership and moneywise Khan is ranked higher though.

Id say Paquaio, Bradley and Thurman are ahead of Brook imo.

Look i dont discredit Brooks win against Porter but all im saying is since then its been bum after bum and we both know thats Eddie Hearns way of doing things.

We could debate all night as to who would win if Khan and Brook fought, lets hope it happens soon so it can be put to bed.

• Like 1

Â