The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

10 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Brook - Khan on for June! 

Saw Skysports were suggesting this yesterday. Think it could be a really good fight. Brook other than Porter has a severely padded out record and outside of the ring is a bit of a dick (I know most boxers are) and has always said he would beat Khan, which when you have only beaten one decent fighter means either you are confident or chasing a pay-day, FWIW I believe it's the former. Khan meanwhile has been fairly inactive chasing Pacman and Mayweather and will have something to prove in front of UK fans. I reckon it could be a genuinely 50/50 fight.

If it is done at Wembley then is a real chance for UK boxing to put on a showcase with people like Groves or Eubank Jnr on the undercard. I won't go as it will be too expensive but could be a really good night

On 11/15/2015, 5:45:17, PongRiddims said:

Is AJ on the gear or is he genuinely that we'll built?

Wouldn't at all surprise me, I've speculated that he is, it's a personal opinion of mine that he's on something, just by the eye ball test. He does have a strange physique, very top heavy, I wonder how well he will stand up to a big shot - not that your chin is in your legs but it can make a difference. 

Brook by Kayo, too big too powerful. Brook has great timing and accuracy, he will catch Khan several times and stop him, Khan doesn't have the power to hurt Brook. 

I think Khan UD's him IF he fights properly.

Brook has yet to really be in with a live fighter apart from Porter.

Fighting bums can make anyone look strong and powerful.

• Like 1

He rocked Porter a couple of times and Porter is a better win than anything Khan has done in 5 years. Kell's power is very good and he will stop Khan if he can land enough clean shots, and Khan always gives you more than enough chances to land. He has never shut out a top class fighter in his prime and he was getting wobbled by Chris Algeri in the first round of that fight, a guy who couldn't crack a damn egg LOL

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He rocked Porter a couple of times and Porter is a better win than anything Khan has done in 5 years. Kell's power is very good and he will stop Khan if he can land enough clean shots, and Khan always gives you more than enough chances to land. He has never shut out a top class fighter in his prime and he was getting wobbled by Chris Algeri in the first round of that fight, a guy who couldn't crack a damn egg LOL

Come on mate, Brook isnt a top class fighter just yet.

I think Khans speed and jab would get the UD imo but obviously it depends which Khan turns up.

As for Khans chin, he went 12 rounds with Marcos Maidana so whos to say he couldnt take a punch from Brook?

2 hours ago, YGabbana said:

I think Khans speed and jab would get the UD imo but obviously it depends which Khan turns up.

As for Khans chin, he went 12 rounds with Marcos Maidana so whos to say he couldnt take a punch from Brook?

Your right here chap. If Khan can out box his style, his speed will finish Brook, Khan can be very fast on form with his punches. It'll be a great fight for us

15 hours ago, YGabbana said:

...because Brook is a better puncher than Maidana that's why. His punches are much, much shorter and much, more accurate. Are we going to pretend that Garcia punches harder than Brook? Because he sure as hell doesn't, and he wiped Khan out inside 4 rounds. 

Khan was getting wobbled by Chris fricking Algeri in his last fight, and a blown up lightweight and past his prime Juan Diaz had Khan on the floor and badly hurt numerous times in their fight. 

When Brook lands big, Khan will fall.

As for Brook being not top class, well he's one of the best welterweights in the world, in fact I'd say there's probably only 2 welterweights out there that should be ranked ahead of him. The Porter win proved he's world class, not elite, but definitely a top class welterweight. 

In terms of Khan's achievements, what precisely has he done in the past 5 years? Nothing, he hasn't beaten anyone who is world class. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

...because Brook is a better puncher than Maidana that's why. His punches are much, much shorter and much, more accurate. Are we going to pretend that Garcia punches harder than Brook? Because he sure as hell doesn't, and he wiped Khan out inside 4 rounds. 

Khan was getting wobbled by Chris fricking Algeri in his last fight, and a blown up lightweight and past his prime Juan Diaz had Khan on the floor and badly hurt numerous times in their fight. 

When Brook lands big, Khan will fall.

As for Brook being not top class, well he's one of the best welterweights in the world, in fact I'd say there's probably only 2 welterweights out there that should be ranked ahead of him. The Porter win proved he's world class, not elite, but definitely a top class welterweight. 

In terms of Khan's achievements, what precisely has he done in the past 5 years? Nothing, he hasn't beaten anyone who is world class. 

Brook is in the top 3 WW in the world? Based on 1 big win against porter? Just lol

Khans resume shits all over Brooks, whether hes won or lost.

Khan was wobbled but didnt get knocked out, came back and won both of those fights.

Fought Maidana and Garcia when they were the most feared punchers in his division, theres talk of a rematch with Garcia now.

Brook beat Porter fair enough, but since then hes fought bum after bum after bum. Frankie gavin ffs.

Nonsense mate, Porter is an outstanding win and Brook did a real job on him, have any welterweights had a win as good as that of late? The answer of course is no. That win alone cements him as one of the top welterweights around. Khan has not had a win as good as that in 5 years, in fact, he's arguably not ever had a win as good as that. Maidana is hardly as good a boxer as Porter, and at the time of his fight with Khan was not even as good as he was/is under Robert Garcia. Garcia got him working behind a jab and throwing feints, the Maidana against Khan was a crude plodder with two punches, an uppercut and an overhand right. Khan goes life and death with him.  

Giving Khan credit for getting sparked out by Garcia is hilarious. Brook is a top welterweight, end of story, and is rightly ranked above Khan by any sane list. 

Also, when Garcia fought Khan he was a nobody, he wasn't 'feared' for anything, he was an enormous underdog, go find the odds - Khan was a -700 whilst Garcia was a +500 LOL. He was extremely unheralded, he was absolutely NOT a feared puncher. He was considered nothing more than a solid, basic boxer who Khan was supposed to absolutely run through. Remember, Garcia was the stand in guy for Peterson, who had failed a drug test. It was supposed to be Khan - Peterson 2. 

Garcia prior to Khan, barely got past an old and fat Eric Morales, basically relying on an 11th round knockdown to get the win. If you can find the HBO full fight coverage (including the pre-fight program) you will see how they were not giving Garcia a cat in hells chance. Now if Garcia was a feared puncher and even particularly highly rated it would have gotten a much better treatment. The fight was supposed to be a formality for Khan, it's only after this fight that Garcia became a big name. Although of late he and his team have done a lot to undo all of the hard work he put in to smash Khan to pieces and beat Matthysse.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â