The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

On 04/02/2023 at 00:52, Johnnyp said:

Usyk fought and beat the brakes off an elite russian world champion in Gassiev, in Russia. I think he fights Fury and retires. Win or lose. Stands nothing to gain really from fighting and beating Beterbiev. If they fight, it will be at cruiserweight. If you are fighting at heavyweight you can’t just flippantly decide “ yeah im doing cruiserweight “ there’s a weight cut. Cruiserweight is 201lbs and under. Usyk hasn’t had to cut weight since he came to heavyweight and he’s bulked up some. He ain’t doing that at this stage of his career. There will always be someone else when you beat the perceived best out there. Fury and he’s out i think 

I don't think Usyk would take a fight with a Russsin, too much pride for his country.

On other note looking forward to the Adam Azim fight tonight, guy looks like the real deal. Been hyped as the new Prince Naseem.

• Like 1

There's a video doing the rounds on whatsapp of Eubank Snr dancing like he's tripping his tits off at some after dinner speaking event. Could be old footage, but I've not seen it mentioned in here.

Very, very odd behavior indeed.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Eubank junior has activated his rematch clause to fight Liam Smith again. He must love the punishment, he was pilchard in the first fight.

I think eubank jr will win the rematch.  He will take this fight a lot more seriously this time. Its clear to me he massively underestimated smith.

If he loses he is finished 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think eubank jr will win the rematch.  He will take this fight a lot more seriously this time. Its clear to me he massively underestimated smith.

If he loses he is finished 

I agree, D. Needs to be totally aggressive from the first bell. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow i didn't think mayweather could fight any worser bums in exhibition fights. Now fighting some loser from Geordie shore. Jesus

Boxing = WWE at this stage. You can complain about the way the UFC is run but it's miles better than boxing. Mismatches, corruption and YouTubers isn't a sport. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Boxing = WWE at this stage. You can complain about the way the UFC is run but it's miles better than boxing. Mismatches, corruption and YouTubers isn't a sport. 

Yes it has become a bit pantomime and wwe over the years. Its very shit

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Spot on. Boxing is an abomination of the sport it should be. It's pure pantomime and has been for the last few years with our own UK fighters, promotors and networks devaluing the sport and treating it like vehicle to rip fans off. PPV's for nonsense fights, never seeing the fights made that the public want to see. It's a far cry from the sport I fell in love with in the early eighties.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

£19.95 for the Fury, Paul fight. No doubt more non boxing fans will watch that than actual boxing fans I would think.

That one is a rare exception. It’s not boxing but it should be hilarious whatever happens.

Jake Paul gets battered, funny.
Tommy Fury gets battered, funny.

For the latter all eyes will be on Tyson to see how Tommy has brought shame on their name.

I won’t be paying for it.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That one is a rare exception. It’s not boxing but it should be hilarious whatever happens.

Jake Paul gets battered, funny.
Tommy Fury gets battered, funny.

For the latter all eyes will be on Tyson to see how Tommy has brought shame on their name. I won’t be paying for it.

I wont be paying but i will certainly be watching. Have more interest in this than most boxing fights over the last 2 years. UFC is better in almost every aspect at the moment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Boxing has suffered as a sport since the entry of the social media folks and the Mayweather - McGregor ‘fight’.

All been downhill since then.

Agreed,  I know I am old but it used to be better years ago.  Much better.

I can sort of predict how this is all going to go in the end,  someone will get killed in the ring or a stabbing at a press conference or similar.

20 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

If chavvy mums queue up outside Aldi for Prime for 13 year old Daz then they'll pay for this bollocks.

Exactly, it wouldn’t surprise me if it broke records for PPV sales. Jake Paul is probably promoting it non-stop.

Edited by Genie

Â