The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

This is like something from a video game.  I still feel like Beterbiev has another gear he can go into, Yarde is having to box at 100% to hang but he’s just about doing it. 

Odd finish, but probably the right one - great fight.

Beterbiev has a lot of different tools, he can box, he's incredibly strong and resilient and then he still has the single big shot that can put you away.

I thought Yarde was brilliant.

Do it again!

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Odd finish, but probably the right one - great fight.

Beterbiev has a lot of different tools, he can box, he's incredibly strong and resilient and then he still has the single big shot that can put you away.

I thought Yarde was brilliant.

Do it again!

Odd ? You serious ? Got up at 9, badly hurt, looked away from the ref. He was ****. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Odd ? You serious ? Got up at 9, badly hurt, looked away from the ref. He was ****. 

Odd that the ref didn't finish it, I think the corner threw the towel, but he just seemed to hang it on the ropes rather than actually throw it.

Don't get me wrong, it wanted stopping, but it just seemed to be stopped in a slightly disorganised way.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

That’s a brilliant trainer right there. Knows his fighter. Cares about him. Saved him. Well done. Great effort from Yarde. 

The trainer saw Beterbievs power, get caught with another one while your not 100% awake and you could get properly hurt, good stoppage.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Odd that the ref didn't finish it, I think the corner threw the towel, but he just seemed to hang it on the ropes rather than actually throw it.

Trainer stepped up on the apron. He was done and knew it. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Trainer stepped up on the apron. He was done and knew it. 

Yep, I'd like to have seen the referee make that decision, it was pretty clear it needed to be made. I like to see a towel in the middle of the ring, Yarde looked confused as to what he was being told, I mean, I'd imagine he was pretty confused about what his name was and what day it was, it just looked a bit messy.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, I'd like to have seen the referee make that decision, it was pretty clear it needed to be made. I like to see a towel in the middle of the ring, Yarde looked confused as to what he was being told, I mean, I'd imagine he was pretty confused about what his name was and what day it was, it just looked a bit messy.

Oh i agree. I was like “ Yarde is all over the shop “ it was 2-3 punches more than he needed to take. 

• Like 1

Â