The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Ultimately, another impressive win for the [checks notes]...Canadian.

There's no weakness to him, movement is good, range of shots is good, chin is iron, recovers quickly, has good stamina, is mentally very strong and can hit like a mule - hell of a fighter.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, I'd like to have seen the referee make that decision, it was pretty clear it needed to be made. I like to see a towel in the middle of the ring, Yarde looked confused as to what he was being told, I mean, I'd imagine he was pretty confused about what his name was and what day it was, it just looked a bit messy.

James Cook made that decision, if it had been down to Tunde, he'd have let Yarde continue. If Yarde had had the right coaching he could have been something special. 

Buatsi v Yarde, that would be interesting. You can understand why Virgil Hunter was honest enough to say Buatsi wasn't yet ready for Bivol or Beterbiev . Beatings from those kind d of fighters can end your career. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Buatsi v Yarde, that would be interesting. You can understand why Virgil Hunter was honest enough to say Buatsi wasn't yet ready for Bivol or Beterbiev . Beatings from those kind d of fighters can end your career. 

Something is amiss with Buatsi. I reckoned first it was Hearn holding him back but that’s hardly accurate. Hearn has moved lots of prospects on before and gets fighters opportunities quickly. Buatsi hasn’t even fought someone as good as Lyndon Arthur. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

James Cook made that decision, if it had been down to Tunde, he'd have let Yarde continue. If Yarde had had the right coaching he could have been something special. 

I disagree to a certain extent, I think the problem is, he has an xr3i engine  compared to the Lamborghinis and Ferraris of other fighters. He has all the rest in spades.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Bivol wouldn’t keep this fella off him with that pissy tappy tappy boxing that beat a middleweight in Canelo. He’d leave him in a mess. 

It was Canelo who asked for the fight.

No way in this World is Bivol an easy nights work for Beterbiev. If Yarde can give him a fight, then I'm pretty certain Bivol will. Bivol is a master of distance.

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

No way in this World is Bivol an easy nights work for Beterbiev. If Yarde can give him a fight, then I'm pretty certain Bivol will. Bivol is a master of distance.

Genuine 50/50 match 

Just now, Follyfoot said:

I disagree to a certain extent, I think the problem is, he has an xr3i engine  compared to the Lamborghinis and Ferraris of other fighters. He has all the rest in spades.

That's what I mean, a good coach would have tuned that engine to it's maximum. Tunde talks a great fight.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Something is amiss with Buatsi. I reckoned first it was Hearn holding him back but that’s hardly accurate. Hearn has moved lots of prospects on before and gets fighters opportunities quickly. Buatsi hasn’t even fought someone as good as Lyndon Arthur. 

Buatsi would destroy Arthur, all he has is a jab.

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Buatsi would destroy Arthur, all he has is a jab.

Buatsi has fought nobody. Puffing out his mouth when he fought Craig Richards - his step up ! You or nobody knows how good Buatsi is because he’s legit fought nobody !

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The issue is though that you are picturing the version of Bivol that fought a jumped up middleweight in your head, taking Bivol’s strong points from that fight and applying him to a fight with a career elite light heavyweight. Do you not know that Beterbiev has dismantled world class technicians before in Gvozdyk and Browne. It’s gonna look like a duck if Bivol don’t call for this now. Beterbiev calling for him since the Joe Smith. Take your licks son and let this almost 40 year old go back to Dagestan and wrestle bears or whatever. 

Just now, messi11 said:

Fair play to Yarde! He come out of that fight with respect.

Callum Smith Vs Beterbiev next🔥 

Hope Smith don’t get it next. Seen all this shite out of him too prior to Canelo fight . He was gonna do this that and the other. Was the most meekest, tame attempt at challenging Canelo that I’ve seen from anyone. Lot will talk about how open Beterbiev was tonight and got caught. No,Yarde had balls like King Kong to stand in the fire, get off punches and knew he was gonna get wet in the process. I’d ask people to think carefully what has Callum Smith done in his career to make you suggest he’s brave enough to do what’s needed to beat Beterbiev. Guy lost to John Ryder FFS ( he did really )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Hope Smith don’t get it next. Seen all this shite out of him too prior to Canelo fight . He was gonna do this that and the other. Was the most meekest, tame attempt at challenging Canelo that I’ve seen from anyone. Lot will talk about how open Beterbiev was tonight and got caught. No,Yarde had balls like King Kong to stand in the fire, get off punches and knew he was gonna get wet in the process. I’d ask people to think carefully what has Callum Smith done in his career to make you suggest he’s brave enough to do what’s needed to beat Beterbiev. Guy lost to John Ryder FFS ( he did really )

I agree. Yarde went toe to toe and showed great heart and as Chris Eubank says "warrior spirit". I don't think Callum Smith's got it in him. Beterbiev wins for me even at 38/39 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I agree. Yarde went toe to toe and showed great heart and as Chris Eubank says "warrior spirit". I don't think Callum Smith's got it in him. Beterbiev wins for me even at 38/39 

I’d love to see Bivol - Beterbiev next. I made it sound in an earlier post that i don’t rate Bivol. Far from true . He’s obviously world class, makes it look easy. My concern would be his punching power. If Bivol can box rings around Beterbiev for 12 rounds and do him on points i take my hat off to him. I just don’t subscribe to this narrative that Beterbiev is a plodder who just “ catches up with you eventually “ He’s a class boxer. Decorated amateur. I’ll put it to you this way , i think Beterbiev will of seen fighters, similar, maybe not as good - as Bivol, before. I don’t think bivol will have faced anything to prepare him for Beterbiev. 

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The trainer saw Beterbievs power, get caught with another one while your not 100% awake and you could get properly hurt, good stoppage.

Yep, his power is unatural tbh, time will tell but I have my suspicions on it. 

• Like 1

Â