PL: Arsenal a Match Thread 2009/12/27 13:30

limpid

This and the Liverpool game just couldn't be bigger. If we can take any points we'll really be in a strong position.

A draw would be a good result, but the way we're going there is no reason we shouldn't be looking for a win.

If Heskey is out, I'd bring in Reo-Coker to go 4-5-1.

Then Liverpool game if Heskey is still out, bring in Carew and go 4-4-2.

Don't think we can go to the Emirates and "carry" Carew for the game like alot of away games this year. Arsenal play a high line and are exposed to a counter-attack, it's why we beat them last week so either Heskey or Reo-Coker for me.

Arsenal preferably same team OR.

-------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

---------NRC---Petrov-----------

Milner------Delph---------Young

-------------Gabby---------------

Delph? Disagree with that!

Well if Heskey was injured, I wouldn't want Carew playing as I don't feel he works hard enough or offers the team enough especially in a game where you need 11 men working hard for each other. I'd give Downing a rest because we would play Liverpool just 2 days after in a huge clash and it was him or Sidwell, what I've seen from Delph is that on the ball, he's great at running with the ball and picking a pass and possibly if he was given some freedom he could really hurt Arsenal. Or the other option would maybe me Albrighton on the right, Milner centrally and Agbonlahor upfront or just Sids instead of Delph.

Delph has only played in a two man midfield for us but with that you need experience of the game defensively too and don't think he quite has that yet so with the extra man in the midfield, it might allow him freedom to play.

Arsenal preferably same team OR.

-------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

---------NRC---Petrov-----------

Milner------Delph---------Young

-------------Gabby---------------

Delph? Disagree with that!

Well if Heskey was injured, I wouldn't want Carew playing as I don't feel he works hard enough or offers the team enough especially in a game where you need 11 men working hard for each other. I'd give Downing a rest because we would play Liverpool just 2 days after in a huge clash and it was him or Sidwell, what I've seen from Delph is that on the ball, he's great at running with the ball and picking a pass and possibly if he was given some freedom he could really hurt Arsenal. Or the other option would maybe me Albrighton on the right, Milner centrally and Agbonlahor upfront or just Sids instead of Delph.

Delph has only played in a two man midfield for us but with that you need experience of the game defensively too and don't think he quite has that yet so with the extra man in the midfield, it might allow him freedom to play.

You are on another planet.

Delph- Who we haven't seen in bloody ages is suddenly going to be starting away at Arsenal in one of the biggest games of the season?

And then you mention Albrighton- another player who we haven't seen this season who is now a possibility to play away at Arsenal?

You really need to stop playing Football Manager all the time.

The fact that the lads have an 8 day rest, I think MON will keep the same team if everybody is fit and may make one or two changes for the liverpool game.