limpid

Arsenal preferably same team OR.

-------------Friedel--------------

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

---------NRC---Petrov-----------

Milner------Delph---------Young

-------------Gabby---------------

Delph? Disagree with that!

Well if Heskey was injured, I wouldn't want Carew playing as I don't feel he works hard enough or offers the team enough especially in a game where you need 11 men working hard for each other. I'd give Downing a rest because we would play Liverpool just 2 days after in a huge clash and it was him or Sidwell, what I've seen from Delph is that on the ball, he's great at running with the ball and picking a pass and possibly if he was given some freedom he could really hurt Arsenal. Or the other option would maybe me Albrighton on the right, Milner centrally and Agbonlahor upfront or just Sids instead of Delph.

Delph has only played in a two man midfield for us but with that you need experience of the game defensively too and don't think he quite has that yet so with the extra man in the midfield, it might allow him freedom to play.

You are on another planet.

Delph- Who we haven't seen in bloody ages is suddenly going to be starting away at Arsenal in one of the biggest games of the season?

And then you mention Albrighton- another player who we haven't seen this season who is now a possibility to play away at Arsenal?

You really need to stop playing Football Manager all the time.

The fact that the lads have an 8 day rest, I think MON will keep the same team if everybody is fit and may make one or two changes for the liverpool game.

Well if you hadn't seen my post, I'd keep a same team unless Heskey wasn't fit, and then if he wasn't fit, I'd go 4-5-1 as I don't think Carew works hard enough and wouldn't offer us enough in this match and therefore would play 4-5-1. Obviously Downing in for Delph but with the Liverpool game coming up (even bigger than Arsenal!) I'd rest him as he's played alot recently and is probably still not 100%. So therefore it'd be out of Sidwell, Delph, Gardner for that other central midfield spot, I prefer Delph.

If we're going to be successful this year we need to use our squad, I don't see what's wrong with Delph? He's clearly got the ability but in the competitive Premiership he at the moment hasn't the experience and defensive "know-how" to play in the centre of a 2 man midfield, therefore I've put him in a position where he has more of a liscense and less defensive duties.

I'm just what I'd do.

If were predicting what Mon will do, it will be:

4-4-2, Heskey or Carew. (Heskey if fit)

Well if Heskey was injured, I wouldn't want Carew playing as I don't feel he works hard enough or offers the team enough especially in a game where you need 11 men working hard for each other. I'd give Downing a rest because we would play Liverpool just 2 days after in a huge clash and it was him or Sidwell, what I've seen from Delph is that on the ball, he's great at running with the ball and picking a pass and possibly if he was given some freedom he could really hurt Arsenal. Or the other option would maybe me Albrighton on the right, Milner centrally and Agbonlahor upfront or just Sids instead of Delph.

Delph has only played in a two man midfield for us but with that you need experience of the game defensively too and don't think he quite has that yet so with the extra man in the midfield, it might allow him freedom to play.

Delph- Who we haven't seen in bloody ages is suddenly going to be starting away at Arsenal in one of the biggest games of the season?

And then you mention Albrighton- another player who we haven't seen this season who is now a possibility to play away at Arsenal?

The fact that the lads have an 8 day rest, I think MON will keep the same team if everybody is fit and may make one or two changes for the liverpool game.

Well if you hadn't seen my post, I'd keep a same team unless Heskey wasn't fit, and then if he wasn't fit, I'd go 4-5-1 as I don't think Carew works hard enough and wouldn't offer us enough in this match and therefore would play 4-5-1. Obviously Downing in for Delph but with the Liverpool game coming up (even bigger than Arsenal!) I'd rest him as he's played alot recently and is probably still not 100%. So therefore it'd be out of Sidwell, Delph, Gardner for that other central midfield spot, I prefer Delph.

If we're going to be successful this year we need to use our squad, I don't see what's wrong with Delph? He's clearly got the ability but in the competitive Premiership he at the moment hasn't the experience and defensive "know-how" to play in the centre of a 2 man midfield, therefore I've put him in a position where he has more of a liscense and less defensive duties.

I'm just what I'd do.

You always put up a good argument, I will give you that !

I just want to save you time writing, as logically thinking Delph will not be starting away at Arsenal.

Furthermore, MON seems fairly determined at the moment to play 442 and its working, I doubt he will want to try and unsettle the side by changing formation, would he throw in a curve ball for Wenger? I doubt it.

With your concerns about Downing, as I said he now has eight days rest so I predict he will play. If he doesn't one of Sidwell or NRC will play, as for the past 17 games we have been given no indication that Albrighton or Delph will be playing.

He obviously doesn't think they are ready, he didn't even play them against Pompey in the cup, therefore when we are chasing Champs League you honestly think he will throw these guys in against Arsenal or Liverpool?

Delph won't be thrown into this. BUT you have to wonder sometimes if this is the kind of opportunity he would be looking for: MON randomly throws him in, Delph unleashes a fierce shot and scores in a huge game which gives him that boost of confidence allowing him to be used effectively from then on....It happens..see Wayne Rooney.

I'm just what I'd do.

You always put up a good argument, I will give you that !

I just want to save you time writing, as logically thinking Delph will not be starting away at Arsenal.

Furthermore, MON seems fairly determined at the moment to play 442 and its working, I doubt he will want to try and unsettle the side by changing formation, would he throw in a curve ball for Wenger? I doubt it.

With your concerns about Downing, as I said he now has eight days rest so I predict he will play. If he doesn't one of Sidwell or NRC will play, as for the past 17 games we have been given no indication that Albrighton or Delph will be playing.

He obviously doesn't think they are ready, he didn't even play them against Pompey in the cup, therefore when we are chasing Champs League you honestly think he will throw these guys in against Arsenal or Liverpool?

Well Albrighton is obviously a no. Although I'd like to see him at some point this season, showed so much promise!

Delph, he's played him in a couple of games this season which shows he isn't scared, I'd be suprised to see him in the team. I just worry 4-4-2 with JC upfront away from home, doesn't really do the same job Emile is doing at the minute of linking the play and providing an easy option for the ball, where as possible an extra advanced midfielder would do this? If Heskey weren't fit and we lined up with Milner behind Gabby, Downing and Young on flanks, I'd be really pleased but I just worry of Downing's fitness playing so many games in a short period of time.

I'm sure we'll end up going 4-4-2 with Carew up top, winning and showing me I know sweet FA. (again)

Well Albrighton is obviously a no. Although I'd like to see him at some point this season, showed so much promise!

Delph, he's played him in a couple of games this season which shows he isn't scared, I'd be suprised to see him in the team. I just worry 4-4-2 with JC upfront away from home, doesn't really do the same job Emile is doing at the minute of linking the play and providing an easy option for the ball, where as possible an extra advanced midfielder would do this? If Heskey weren't fit and we lined up with Milner behind Gabby, Downing and Young on flanks, I'd be really pleased but I just worry of Downing's fitness playing so many games in a short period of time.

I'm sure we'll end up going 4-4-2 with Carew up top, winning and showing me I know sweet FA. (again)

I'm with you AVFC PoB. I would like to see 4-5-1 irrespective of whether Heskey is fit or not, or else we will get overrun by a very good Arsenal 3 man CM. I realy think we need NRC's energy/athleticism to plug the gap between CM and the CBs with Fabregas in there and Arshavin's clever play.

I can see the logic for Delph but I think he will stick with DJ, Milly and Ash and, after 8 days rest I won't be unhappy with this. Plop will be without Mascherano (I think - after his straight red yesterday) so would rather see us rest players against them?

But you are right, we will probably see MON's 4-4-2!

I think we can 3 points against Arsenal. I don't think they enjoy playing us at all, and we've made a habit of beating the big teams this season, so why the hell not?

Arsenal's back 4 look as if they could be bullied by either Carew or Heskey.

They might well have Fabregas back, but we've got James Milner. :flag:

we can DEFINETLY win this, there attack looks weak, RVP is out, arsenal injury news says the following on Fabregas:

Cesc was substituted shortly before half-time in the 1-1 draw with Burnley and will miss the game against Hull. "Cesc Fabregas has a minor hamstring problem," said Wenger. "It could keep him out for eight to ten days. If all goes well he will be fit for next Sunday [against Aston Villa]. If not he could miss one more game."

so he might not play against us, big shout.

there very weak in midfield in terms of strength, technically good but so are we, but we have the muscle power to dominate imo. where gonna have to get in there face, muscle them off the ball and hit them on the break oh and start big john if where gonna win this, which we can (win this).

Fabregas will be back for this unfortunately :(

What makes you say that?

Because he could have played yesterday but was rested just incase so he was defiantly ready for us.

How do you know that?

Reporting in various newspapers, Wenger in his Friday PC and during the commentary last night.

What makes you say that?

Because he could have played yesterday but was rested just incase so he was defiantly ready for us.

How do you know that?

Reporting in various newspapers, Wenger in his Friday PC and during the commentary last night.

Well according to the injury section of the Arsenal official site it is less certain, definately doesn't sound like he was fit to have played yesterday.

Cesc Fabregas

December 18

Cesc was substituted shortly before half-time in the 1-1 draw with Burnley and will miss the game against Hull. "Cesc Fabregas has a minor hamstring problem," said Wenger. "It could keep him out for eight to ten days. If all goes well he will be fit for next Sunday [against Aston Villa]. If not he could miss one more game."

Here

What makes you say that?

How do you know that?

Well according to the injury section of the Arsenal official site it is less certain, definately doesn't sound like he was fit to have played yesterday.

Cesc Fabregas

December 18

Here

FFS what is your problem?

Ok he WILL be injured for the Villa game.

Problem? I've not got a problem.

This is a match thread and you said the best player for the team we are playing will definately be back, so I asked you how you knew this. You stated it and so I took a look at the Arsenal site to see what Wenger had said that I missed and saw the injury news which I just posted.

Considering this is the match thread and we are talking about the match I though accurate info on their best player would be relevant.

Problem? I've not got a problem.

This is a match thread and you said the best player for the team we are playing will definately be back, so I asked you how you knew this. You stated it and so I took a look at the Arsenal site to see what Wenger had said that I missed and saw the injury news which I just posted.

Considering this is the match thread and we are talking about the match I though accurate info on their best player would be relevant.

Laughable.

See i am sure in the past you said people dont have to put IMO after every single thing they put. I dunno the rules might have changed a long with deleting posts and not letting people know rule; which is new.

I said he would be fit based on what various media outlets were saying, i indicated these to you, not good enough.

By the looks of it because i didn't put IMO that i had to prove it!

As you dont seem to be chasing everyone else about their opinions and why they think it, it obviously must just be a rule for me!

Laughable.

Its laughable that I want to check on the fitness of the best player of our next opponent? oh ok.

See i am sure in the past you said people dont have to put IMO after every single thing they put. I dunno the rules might have changed a long with deleting posts and not letting people know rule; which is new.

I said he would be fit based on what various media outlets were saying, i indicated these to you, not good enough.

You said he would be fit for the game and was fit to play yesterday, that isn't an opinion. You then said you knew this because Wenger had said so and it had been reported in various places which came as a surprise to me so I checked, as obviously I'm interested if he is going to be fit to face us.

Turns out that it doesn't seem like Wenger did say that from the look of the Arsenal official site so I posted what it did say which as I've previously posted seems logical given this is the match thread.

As you dont seem to be chasing everyone else about their opinions and why they think it, it obviously must just be a rule for me!

No Jez no special rules for you.

You said he would be fit for the game and was fit to play yesterday, that isn't an opinion. You then said you knew this because Wenger had said so and it had been reported in various places which came as a surprise to me so I checked, as obviously I'm interested if he is going to be fit to face us.

Turns out that it doesn't seem like Wenger did say that from the look of the Arsenal official site so I posted what it did say which as I've previously posted seems logical given this is the match thread.

As i said looks like you have to put IMO after everything otherwise you'll quickly role up and treat it as fact IMO.

Wenger in the interview showed on Sky on Friday that he is basically ok and is just precaution. I read it as he was ok, sorry for doing that and not describing in minute detail thats what i meant oh and forgetting to put IMO at the end IMO.

Soooo that along with the commentator saying during the Arse game yesterday along with the papers also saying so, i came to the same obvious bonkers conclusion!

It was obviously crazy for me to think that, as you have to go on and on about it for some reason IMO!