PL: Arsenal a Match Thread 2009/12/27 13:30

limpid

Without van persie they severly lack a target man. Seen their games against liverpool and hull and the out ball isnt there for them. Arshavin is a quality winger but will find it hard to hold the ball up against strong quality defenders and same with Eduardo. So if cesc doesnt play they are goin to have to relie on the likes of diaby and denilson to get them up the pitch.

Hull were a major threat until Diaby second goal. Also they have a well dodge keeper so hopefually dunne might nick one from a set play. People are goin on about liverpool dropping out of the top 4 but I dont think Arsenal are that safe either and maybe this year be a case where both could drop out so have to threat this game with the same repect as Liverpool. Arsenal will be missing Song for the month of jan, a player who position they have trouble filling and then they have a really hard run in Feb.

I think like Fulham found out last weekend, these are good times to be playing the sky 4 so hopefually we can get something and keep the momentum goin into the pool game.

Hull were a major threat until Diaby second goal. Also they have a well dodge keeper so hopefually dunne might nick one from a set play. People are goin on about liverpool dropping out of the top 4 but I dont think Arsenal are that safe either and maybe this year be a case where both could drop out so have to threat this game with the same repect as Liverpool. Arsenal will be missing Song for the month of jan, a player who position they have trouble filling and then they have a really hard run in Feb.

By that token there is only one for the title as if Arsenal win their game in hand then they will go above Man Utd. The league is more competitive this year that is for sure.

You all seem to be concentrating on Fabregas. I would be more worried about Arshavin, who is a fantastic player. He will be the most difficult player for our team to defend against. I'm consequently very worried about this one and would be absolutely delighted to take away a point. I can see Arshavin constantly turning Dunne and whoever plays with him, inside out and Ashavin will therefore test our new defence to it's limits.

We will know more after this game whether we are going to be able to challenge for the top four. Play like we did against Stoke, and then we might very well suffer a heavey defeat. Tactically, MON also has to play 4-5-1 if we are to get anything out of the game.

I've just been reading their match thread on Arsenal Mania. I've got to say, some of them have been very appreciative towards us, but a few (I'm pointing at the person with the username 'General' (stop stalking me!) really have it in for us for some reason. Is he still bitter after last season pwning them at their stadium (with no atmosphere) coming back for the draw at VP and not beating at the Emirates yet? I nearly fell off my chair when he said we've been lucky to beat some of the teams we've played (yeah, it's all down to luck that we've beaten Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool... two teams which you got beaten by), got outplayed by Citeh (WTF?!), our defence is just average and that Arsenal's defence is better and get this... Denilson is better than Milner. Blimey, I think they're all turning into Glastons.

Anyways, Arsenal don't like playing teams that are physical, strong, energetic teams and we've already seen them get smashed by a physical, strong and energetic Chelsea a few weeks ago... I wonder if they'll learn anything going into this match? It's best defence in the league vs the best attack in the league... I think it'll be a 1-1 draw with goals coming from Downing and Eduardo.

Just been doing the same thing :lol: Most are worried and the ones who arnt say our defence is crap so that rules them out on an insanity basis :lol:

Exactly the kind of team and style of football we will struggle against.

We will really need to be on top of our game to get anything against them.

They will come here and attack and i can see us struggling. I hope we are well organized and compact.

This is THE team at the moment. They are high on confidence against the so called big 4 and will come to the Emirates convinced that they can take all three points.

Their defence is currently the best in the league so they will definitely be able to break our game down in preventing us from penetrating with our passing. Also if they go down I dont see them changing their tactics and opening the game up. Looking at the Hull game this bodes badly for us because once we are closed down we are useless.

Shava, Cesc, Edu and Diaby in a forward role is key to this game to get the three points. A positive for us is that we go into the game with confidence off the Hull and Pool games and have the likes of Cesc coming back.

We need two clear goals to win this one. Although Im not expecting a win here looking at the Hull game.

Villa are the stuff nightmares are made of for us and we could be in for a horror show if we aren't up for it physically and mentally. Definitely need Fabregas back for this one.

their achilles heel is their defense (surprise, so is ours).. they have nothing particularly special there, and it AA is in the mood, he can dance around them..

This will be tough. Villa are the type of match-up that we hate. Strong defence, great work ethic and pace on the counter.

Arrrgghhhh I wish I had a ticket!!

This is going to be a tough game but I'm optimistic because of recent results..

I'd play a full strength squad in this game and then maybe rotate one or two for Liverpool (who we all know are struggling!)

I'm going to predict a win to villa, but a tight win... 2-1 maybe

their achilles heel is their defense (surprise, so is ours).. they have nothing particularly special there, and it AA is in the mood, he can dance around them..

Please somebody point out our four clean sheets in a row. :crylaugh:

Please somebody point out our four clean sheets in a row. :crylaugh:

And we have the best defensive record in the league

To be honest, those Arsenal fans are highly overrating our team. I think they lack a bit of confidence in their own team.

They lack confidence because since VP has been out they don't seem to have the balance in the attack. Also if i'm not mistaken all 3 of their LBs are out so this could mean trouble with Young and Downing attacking inexperienced defenders. Its a good time to be playing them but that being said i am expecting a 2-2 draw.

Arshavin is a great player and so is Febregas, even an unfit one. We however have Young, Milner, Downing and Gabby( who tore Gallas apart last year) who can all be classed as great players. Carew has caused havoc in Arsenals defense before, so they should all know the score with him. They are worried and they need to be IMO. Our defense needs no introductions.